Chai, could you pop down to the bookshop for me?

Reply Sat 27 May, 2006 08:17 am
Please?

I've just found what I've been searching for, for the past two years.

"The Guinness Guide To Superlative London"

I lost mine and have not been able to find another....until now!

Several, in fact. The UK ones are all about £5, but there is one in Austin TX, which is 54p...............54p!!

Please could you go to The "Frugal Media Corporation" and pick it up for me?

http://www.abebooks.co.uk/servlet/SearchResults?sts=t&y=10&tn=the+guinness+superlative+guide+to+london&x=64&sortby=3

(seriously, if you want a really good read about weird and wonderful things down London's back alleys, this is the book...it went out of print about two years ago).

Thanks

Ellpy.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 416 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Chai

Reply Sat 27 May, 2006 11:20 am
I drove all around looking for Frugal Media....I found and bought some hummus, a pinata, a paninting of elvis riding a wild stallion, eating scallions, but no Frugal Media.

I'll keep my eyes open sir.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 27 May, 2006 11:25 am
You may also, Chai, look for "Timpson's England - alook beyond the obvious', since otherwise LE keeps trying to steel my copy.

(Seriously, if anyone wants to really to look beyond the English obvious - a great book, out of print since a couple of years.)

:wink:
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 27 May, 2006 11:27 am
Lord - It's an online book sale. You can just order it yourself at that price, right?

Chai - What the hell are you gonna do with a paninting?
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Sat 27 May, 2006 11:31 am
Squinney, if I ordered it, I would have to pay.

This way, Chai has all the expense.

I'm glad that she got the paninting, though. I bet it looks good on her, as she has the right sort of curves.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sat 27 May, 2006 11:33 am
The fear, of course, is that she will be mistaken for the pinata. It happens. Just ask Rodney King.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 27 May, 2006 12:49 pm
sorry, my hands were slippery with hummus....I meant paningnt.

no worrys about the shipping cost....I'll have my associate Octavio look into it.

He seems to have many connections across town.

Just the other day, I overheard him talking about some shipments of grass coming in.

Good, because my front lawn is looking very shabby.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Chai, could you pop down to the bookshop for me?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 09:31:42