Say something nice

Chai

Reply Wed 24 May, 2006 04:42 am
(GASP)

AN ANNOUNCEMENT THAT BULKY TRASH DAY IS JUNE 6TH!!!!!

YAAAAYYYYY..... (dancing around, waving post card in the air)
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 24 May, 2006 07:02 am
See, with me, you always get something practical.

Just the other day, I almost bought a dainty white parasol for a friend; but the shopkeeper told me it was decoration and not for sale.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 24 May, 2006 07:15 am
I LOVE practical.

I can't stand it when people insist on getting you stupid useless crap that only wasted their money and is something I had absolutely no desire or use for.

"Oh....a piece of wood that has some lace glued to it with some words that you didn't even write on it. Wow......thanks. I can tell you were really thinking about what I'd want."
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 24 May, 2006 09:18 am
I guess you wouldnt have gone for a dainty white parasol either, huh?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 24 May, 2006 09:29 am
nimh wrote:
I guess you wouldnt have gone for a dainty white parasol either, huh?

It would have depended on if I were in decorating mode and needed it to complete a project.

A month ago on was on a quest for a table runner with just the right shades of gold and green. It just depends.

By no means am I the duct tape/tape measure type.

My style is less says more.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 24 May, 2006 09:33 am
Chai Tea wrote:
I LOVE practical.

I can't stand it when people insist on getting you stupid useless crap that only wasted their money and is something I had absolutely no desire or use for.

"Oh....a piece of wood that has some lace glued to it with some words that you didn't even write on it. Wow......thanks. I can tell you were really thinking about what I'd want."

I'm with you - practical is perfect Smile And no framed photos of people on the wall, please... I mean, don't we all know what these people look like? Smile And no little bits on end tables to endlessly dust ... Smile Hmmm.... I haven't said anything nice yet, so...

Tea Tea - I like your style Smile
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 24 May, 2006 09:49 am
Mame wrote:
Chai Tea wrote:
I LOVE practical.

I'm with you - practical is perfect Smile And no framed photos of people on the wall, please... I mean, don't we all know what these people look like? Smile And no little bits on end tables to endlessly dust ... Smile Hmmm.... I haven't said anything nice yet, so...

OMG - look at this room.
I would have a heart attack if I had to be in it for 5 minutes.

There is so much crap going on here, it's scary.

I'm disappointed she doesn't have care bears or something sitting on the back of the couch, so you don't have to look at more than an inch of black wall.

http://amarillo.com/images/headlines/083098/cole.jpg
Tea Tea - I like your style Smile
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 24 May, 2006 03:05 pm
LOL - that room would stifle me to death!
0 Replies

najmelliw

Reply Wed 24 May, 2006 03:11 pm
Today's bad weather forced me and my exceedingly bad mood to stay inside, and thusly made the world, in so far it might have otherwise had contact with me, a better, nicer and friendlier place.

I intend to ruin that friendlier world tomorrow.

Naj.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 24 May, 2006 04:31 pm
Blackmsithn's punnery made my day a coupla times now. Small pleasures.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 24 May, 2006 06:01 pm
Small pleasures are the best. Cool
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 24 May, 2006 06:12 pm
I had a very nice day :-D

Also, you guys are all really cool Cool
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 24 May, 2006 06:13 pm
Mame wrote:
LOL - that room would stifle me to death!

My thoughts exactly Laughing
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 24 May, 2006 06:13 pm
Then again, my pleasure is quite big ... and its not bad either Cool
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 24 May, 2006 06:15 pm
Big, you say Twisted Evil
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 24 May, 2006 06:23 pm
Today was a gorgeous day!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 24 May, 2006 06:29 pm
The blue sky here in New Mexico is something else. The color is not unlike the color in some photographs that I usually take as falsely intense, but unlike photomachine blue, there is this force of light through the color - I know, I know, never mind physics - that spellbinds.

Blacksmith is astoundingly good with puns...
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 07:07 pm
I think Chai Tea kicks ass. Every other time I log in I find stuff that either has me guffawing in startled awe or think, you go girl. She redefines brazenness as a woman's best possible asset, managing to be witty, observant, and wise all wrapped into the same "take no prisoner" attitude. She's the coolest thing to arrive on A2K since they started the portal. No, cooler than that.

Respect.

I think Shewolfnm is charming and witty, and delightful as ever. She breaths fresh air into all too clubby or self-serious boardness by being her irreverent, sassy Shewolfness, by bringing in the wisdom without the pomposity. She shows she is the sweetest mum; she has a radiantly kind heart. But you know she can take you on anytime.

Hey, in some other life...

Soz must be A2K's paragon of gentle sensibleness. Always has the exact right things to say. Diplomat, steerer of just causes, and not just ones with a capital c either. An eye out for the small and the big, addressing each with the same personal kindness. Moreover, I am loath to call people I've never met a friend, but Soz is as close to it as you get.

Brown paper packages tied up with strings.. Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes..
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 07:22 pm
(Goddamn that was nice. Thanks.)
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 03:04 am
<smiles> You deserve it.

(hope I didnt embarass anyone..)
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Say something nice
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 06:46:22