Finding Emo

DrewDad

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 08:16 am
Anyone know what this is all about? Are these the kids we used to call Goth?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 971 • Replies: 17
No top replies

blacksmithn

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 08:20 am
http://www.fourfa.com/

Looks more punk than goth to me, but hey I still remember the Sex Pistols...
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 08:33 am
You're right. Looks and sounds punk, with punk roots.

All that's old is new again.

Even crappy music.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 08:36 am
Hey, our parents thought our music was crappy too.

I'm sure Mozart's generation of parents thought his music was crappy as well. And so it goes.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 08:39 am
I just find it to be simplistic.

And by the way,

Get off my lawn, you damn kids!
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 09:37 am
DrewDad wrote:
You're right. Looks and sounds punk, with punk roots.

All that's old is new again.

Even crappy music.

Emo is short for emotional. Get it? It's a distortion of punk (which actually rules), wherein dumbfukks with $200 haircuts cry about their girlfriends over power chords.

Lame!
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 10:26 am
I'd just like to add that post-modern bebop sucks ass, too.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 03:40 am
I usually hear it as an insult now. Isn't emo really old? (like, as far as actually being a vibrant fresh sound?). Pussy-punk? What I've heard of the music makes me want to drink n' drive.

I get a kick out of seeing the deliberately placed hair. I once sported the do' back when in my stoned-cut-hairwithscissors -whiledrunk days. That crappy dye you buy at the underground stores 'cause L'oreal and the others didn't stick as bright as they do now. sigh. If I would have added cutting to my repetoire I coulda been cool! lol.

What the fresh trend? That's what I wanna know. I'm hijacking and turning this into a fashion thread. haha. I've noticed some more girls/guys dressing more sophisticated lately. Not a bad trend if that's the thing coming up.
I'm getting tired of the crybaby-punk and rock.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Tue 23 May, 2006 03:47 am
Gargamel wrote:

Emo is short for emotional. Get it? It's a distortion of punk (which actually rules), wherein dumbfukks with $200 haircuts cry about their girlfriends over power chords..............

Garga, old boy, have you ever thought of contributing definitions to Wikipedia? Or starting up an alternative version?

SLOGAN...
"Gargapedia.com...fukked facts for free"

MARVELLOUS!
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Wed 24 May, 2006 10:31 am
Yes, perfect...

(Rubs hands together, dollar signs in eyes)
0 Replies

TylerDurden0083

Reply Wed 24 May, 2006 12:28 pm
flushd wrote:
I usually hear it as an insult now. Isn't emo really old? (like, as far as actually being a vibrant fresh sound?). Pussy-punk? What I've heard of the music makes me want to drink n' drive.

I get a kick out of seeing the deliberately placed hair. I once sported the do' back when in my stoned-cut-hairwithscissors -whiledrunk days. That crappy dye you buy at the underground stores 'cause L'oreal and the others didn't stick as bright as they do now. sigh. If I would have added cutting to my repetoire I coulda been cool! lol.

What the fresh trend? That's what I wanna know. I'm hijacking and turning this into a fashion thread. haha. I've noticed some more girls/guys dressing more sophisticated lately. Not a bad trend if that's the thing coming up.
I'm getting tired of the crybaby-punk and rock.

Hahaha, I still don't get it though.

[[[[[[[[[[ TylerDurden0083 ]]]]]]]]]]
[[[[[[[[[[ Listening to : EDIT (Moderator): Link Removed Red Hot Chili Peppers - Dani California ]]]]]]]]]]
0 Replies

angelaicscars

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 10:28 am
emo
emo mean emotional , its what you call a cross between a punk a goth and a cry baby (suppose thats me lol)
0 Replies

thunder runner32

Reply Tue 30 May, 2006 08:28 pm
Emo I think is a general root word for hyper-emotional music. There is a genre called screamo where they scream when they are heart broken. It's alright sometimes....but I am your typical teen emotional rollercoaster. :wink:
0 Replies

angelaicscars

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2006 10:02 pm
screamo
never heard of that before ,
0 Replies

thunder runner32

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2006 08:00 am
Bands like Hawthorne Heights, Emory, Underoath.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Fri 2 Jun, 2006 08:47 am
http://www.hadishi.com/HadishiFileshare/images/666.jpg
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 16 Jun, 2006 02:01 pm
Check this out, LOL:

Hope Is Emo: Chapter One "The Words Are Dying"

The first comment someone posted to it fits brilliantly too, I cant figure out whether it was serious or more briliant satire.. ;-)
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 16 Jun, 2006 02:13 pm
Oh, and this thread should still be interlinked with this one:
Emo Hairstyles

And specifically with this video Gargamel already posted on two of the other threads:
Stop EMO Haircuts
Laughing
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Finding Emo
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 05:55:03