Did CDK really say this?

husker

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 10:56 pm
Quote:
Author: cdkrg < edit : email removed > www. able2know.com
Other Supported Languages: NA
This MOD adds a button on the posting page that highlights all the text of the post and copies it to the clipboard. If the browser is not compatible it displays a different button that simply selects all the text allowing the user to copy it more simply. You can see a working example of this at www. able2know.com/forums/ on those forums there are two forums that allow you to post as a guest (since you are too lazy to register!) those forums are the test forum and the forum help.
Quote:
Please don't post junk posts, you can see this in action without submitting your post
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,724 • Replies: 24
No top replies

PDiddie

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 10:58 pm
I'm encountering quite a bit of immaturity from the boy genius myself of late.

I think he needs a girlfriend, or a boyfriend, or whatever.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 11:03 pm
PDiddie,

Any time you want to substantiate your allegations I'm ready to hear them. If you're just sore because I'm not interested in a cut and paste contest then please get over it.

Husker,

I wrote that code, someone else submitted it to the database, commented it etc. Is that your point? That text is from software modifications I have released for public use, the example of the modification is the a2k boards, I asked the developers to not post while testing that particular feature as all the action in that feature comes before the posting.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 11:06 pm
Yikes - I was just playing around - wondered about the "junk posts part"
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 11:07 pm
Husker, please do not post other people's email addresses. Edit out the email in your post.
0 Replies

PDiddie

I'm not alledging your'e either homosexual or heterosexual.

I AM alledging that your attitude would be markedly and positively adjusted if you logged off and got laid.

By whatever gender rocks your world.
0 Replies

husker

All kidding aside - it just hit me!!! like a hammer, you mean test posts not members posts Embarrassed
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 11:08 pm
And the mod text is old, that domain is defunct and A2K does not allow guest posting anymore.

yes it is a comment made to people who come here to test my modifications for use on theor sites, and you knew that since you took that text from a site whose sole purpose is distributing said modifications to site developers.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 11:09 pm
PDiddie
You have a real hard-on for our friend CDK - why?
He and a few others have worked real hard to make A2K work.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 11:11 pm
PDiddie,

I have not sunk to such depths with you, please do not instruct me in my sex life. It is irrelevant. If you feel burned and want to poke at me the best way to do so is point out the stupidity in my rationale somehwere. Wild insults are silly and won't work.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 11:12 pm
Here's the truth of why I looked it up:

Quote:
Laid back discussions and scenery for your enjoyment!

:wink:
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 11:19 pm
Oh, that site uses many mods and they were the first to use my code.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 11 May, 2003 12:00 am
I can't believe anyone here has descended to that particular tactic!

Years since I heard someone say that in an argument.

Oh well...
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sun 11 May, 2003 12:05 am
Quote:
Wild insults are silly and won't work.

Suggesting you enjoy the pleasures of the flesh is not an insult, Craver.

I don't feel too riled about anything you have posted, either, except that you seem to be much more vitriolic of late; thus my advice to take the edge off.

Hey, it works for me.

If this is truly a sensitive subject then I'll leave it alone because I certainly don't want you to feel picked on or poked at.
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Sun 11 May, 2003 12:17 am
Re: Did CDK really say this?
Quote:
Author: cdkrg < edit : email removed > www. able2know.com
Other Supported Languages: NA
This MOD adds a button on the posting page that highlights all the text of the post and copies it to the clipboard. If the browser is not compatible it displays a different button that simply selects all the text allowing the user to copy it more simply. You can see a working example of this at www. able2know.com/forums/ on those forums there are two forums that allow you to post as a guest (since you are too lazy to register!) those forums are the test forum and the forum help. Please don't post junk posts, you can see this in action without submitting your post.

This was obviously aimed at developers & test posts. (Specifically it's about the 'Copy post to Clipboard' button on the Post Reply page.) If you didn't understand what it was about or if you were really wondering whether it was the same CdK it probably would've been better just to PM him.
0 Replies

Gen

Reply Sun 11 May, 2003 12:23 am
Craven, you have done an excellent job with the site. I know I haven't really said that to you lately. Though I will make this comment, you seem tired and stressed.

How long since you had a good, unwinding vacation? I know that your personality won't let you sit for too long but man, not attacking you or putting you down in anyway, you have been very tense.

I just hope things are going well for you. I really do love all you have done, and I love even more you bringing my attention here. As you can tell, in 3 weeks, i've done quite a bit of posting. Thanks.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 11 May, 2003 12:41 am
PDiddie - Craven is well able to defend himself - however, I am now personally irked by what I see as the dishonesty of your last response, so I will make a comment on that, and then get out of this thread once and for all.

You did not make a suggestion that Craven should enjoy the pleasures of the flesh - which might in some contexts be a perfectly reasonable and pleasant remark - you said that you thought he was being unpleasant, and then, as a shot at him, suggested this came from sexual frustration, and that he should get laid.

This is, in my view, a foolish reductionist comment, and one that is meant to be insulting, as well as verging on a personal attack.

The fact that you mentioned a choice of genders could, again, be taken as a perfectly reasonable comment in other circumstances - not assuming anyone's gender choice is a very reasonable thing to do.

However, given the level of societal homophobia, while I cannot prove it, I have a canny suspicion that this was meant as a further subtle, or not so subtle, insult, though I am sure you will deny it.

I think you demean yourself with your final words - "If this is truly a sensitive subject then I'll leave it alone because I certainly don't want you to feel picked on or poked at."

Again, this is an attempt to insult in a patronising way while pretending to be nice.

While I am sure that these silly insults are water off a duck's back to their target, I happened to read them, and I felt the need to call you on them because of my own reaction to their nature - as I would if you had made them to any other member of this forum.

I will shut up now, and not comment again because I think this episode is better closed.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 11 May, 2003 12:55 am
PDiddie wrote:
you seem to be much more vitriolic of late; thus my advice to take the edge off.

I'm always somewhat of an ass, the only difference of late is that I announced that I would eb a teporary conservative and you reacted immediately as it that were a challenge.

PDiddie wrote:
Throw some opinion out there so we can rip you to pieces.

I'll admit to being an ass any day. I'm arrogant and the works, but before I became a conservative it bothered you a lot less.

dlowan's comments on your post here are spot on, but I really don't mind what you said (hey, sex is almost always a good thing) but what I'm advising you is to "rip me to pieces" another way. Like what sozobe did. I made a claim that is patently false (at least in the U.S.) and that was bourne out quickly. I make lots of mistakes and leave lots of holes in my arguments.

As to the article posting thing it's a personal preference that I have stated many times, when someone posts an article or link by way of response I usually ask for hem to state their opinion themselves.

monger,

In huskers defense he found that text on a confusing location, I'd thought that he'd got it on a site dedicated exclusively to phpbb mods but it was from a site that used my mod and has a list of "installed mods".

But yeah, it was clearly aimed at testing developers, before I tuned guest posting off there was about 5 guest posts by developers a week.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 11 May, 2003 12:55 am
Gen,

I'm just an ass, stress is secondary. :-)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 11 May, 2003 05:51 am
I don't think you're an ass Craven.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Did CDK really say this?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/27/2024 at 07:11:08