Happy Birthday....Mis-ter Pres-i-dent.....

Chai

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 07:11 am
Noticied today is the anniversary of Marilyn Monroe singing her famous Happy Birthday to JFK.

You know, all I can think about that today is how it must have ripped Jackie apart to have to see/listen to that.

Of course she was aware of his philandering. However, she kept this as part of her private life.

I wonder who planned this party stunt to surprise Kennedy, and, I hope Jackie was instrumental behind the scenes for having his head handed to him on a platter.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/3/3a/Happybirthdaymonroe.jpg/180px-Happybirthdaymonroe.jpg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,053 • Replies: 33
No top replies

Letty

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 08:48 am
Hey, Chai. Do you know what this little creature and John Kennedy have in common?

http://www.mammalogy.org/mil_images/images/mid/008.jpg
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 09:09 am
The suspense is killing me here, Letty......

(holds breath)
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 09:17 am
Well, Reyn. When my husband and I were first married, I became angry because he spent too much time participating in after hours gigs. I called him a philanderer, thinking that it meant one who parties too much.

He glowered at me saying, "Do you know what you just called me?"

I immediately ran for my dictionary and found two definitions. The second one said: a wooly opossum of South American. I pointed it out to him saying: That's what I meant. Razz

(hmmm. no update on this one)
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 09:44 am
Looks like I'm not too old to learn something just yet. :wink:
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 09:50 am
Grinning like a possum. Laughing
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 09:57 am
(Reyn grabs dictionary looking for secondary meanings)
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 10:05 am
<Ellpus quietly tells Reyn that it is a collector of postage stamps.>
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 10:07 am
Oh philately . . . don't make things up . . .
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 10:14 am
Ok, ok, so I can't find that definition now. Never said that when I grew up I was going to be a speller.

Hmmm. Perhaps I was thinking numismatist.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 10:22 am
For the longest time, I thought pilates had something to do with Pontius Pilate.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 10:22 am
Letty,

That's a Mathematics Professor, who is into naturism.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 10:23 am
When small, i was very literate, but ignorant. For the longest time, i thought that the name was Pompous Pilot, and thought the entire story was implausible.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 10:25 am
Chai Tea wrote:
For the longest time, I thought pilates had something to do with Pontius Pilate.

I thought I was the only one!

I pronounced it Pie-laits for quite a while, until I heard people talking about it.

My friend still pronounces macho........ macko.

We haven't told him yet. This has gone on for years.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 10:26 am
Setanta wrote:
When small, i was very literate, but ignorant. For the longest time, i thought that the name was Pompous Pilot, and thought the entire story was implausible.

In the name of the father, the son, and in the hole he goes.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 10:29 am
When i was in the Army, in training, they put a CID plant in our platoon. (CID=crimininal investigation department--he was an MP, a military policeman.) It was so obvious that people kept turning away to laugh quietly when he would ask us where the action is. One of our boys, who could do deadpan humor like no one's business, took him aside to teach him "hippie slang," and he just lapped it up.

Out of State!

Right arm, Brother, right arm!

I can smell where you're comin' from!

The same guy used to walk in the barracks when some jokers had been smoking dope, and loudly ask: "Who's been burnin' jock straps around here?" The CID boy would run in, eager to get the goods on people, and constantly frustrated.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 10:31 am
I took a course in the new math, Ellpus; didn't understand it any better than my old dictionary. Guess it went the way of transformational grammar.

Then there is always the epi TOME of jazz.

Hey, Chai. This turned out to be betterna Candle in the Wind.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 10:37 am
I would think....What kind of exercise would Pontius Pilate do....? I mean, he had on all those toga things that'd you have to keep adjusting. Maybe it was named after Mrs. Pilate...

these kind of things keep me up for hours.

The Giselle Pilate exercise class...

OK everyone, raise your left arm up straight until it's level to your shoulder, horizontal to the floor......great! Now, let's do the same with our right arms.......super!

OK now, swing your left foot so that it's in front of the right.....
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 10:49 am
Lord Ellpus wrote:
(Ellpus quietly tells Reyn that it is a collector of postage stamps.)

What's a postage stamp?
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 10:50 am
Lord Ellpus wrote:
Setanta wrote:

In the name of the father, the son, and in the hole he goes.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

(slaps knee)
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Happy Birthday....Mis-ter Pres-i-dent.....
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 03:27:09