Wow what a story!! Brilliant! Razz Laughing
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 17 May, 2006 03:01 pm
And the match wasn't bad either. :wink:
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Wed 17 May, 2006 03:34 pm
Every time a Norwegian referee gets a match with an English team, he ruins it. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Wed 17 May, 2006 03:40 pm
I do believe that the referee masturbates regularly.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 17 May, 2006 03:43 pm
sorry to sidetrack , but what got into the ref to toss out Lehman?
Arsenal had a valiant try...i must say
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Wed 17 May, 2006 03:48 pm
<sob> I...I....I...can't speak right now...........I'll t....t....tell you what I think later....<sob>
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 17 May, 2006 06:12 pm
shhhhhh,,,i think the morphine is starting to take effect...
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 18 May, 2006 01:30 am
no didnt see the prog lorde

sorry for arsenal

but yesterday was a sorry day for me in other ways

let you know more later
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Thu 18 May, 2006 01:39 am
OK, mate.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 18 May, 2006 02:11 am
http://i4.tinypic.com/zyiza9.jpg
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Thu 18 May, 2006 02:28 am
Speaking as an impartial observer, I think the referee was a disaster. Henri's comment after the game was lagely correct, IMO.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/4992172.stm

The ref got about 20 major decisions wrong (including the "foul" award which led to Arsenal's goal, BTW)
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Thu 18 May, 2006 03:40 am
Absolutely, McT. The guy was a pillock!

You will no doubt catch up with other posts of mine where I go into finer detail, but you're right. He was a disaster.

One thing that I think will come out of this though (ever the optomist) is that Henry may well stay on at Arsenal.
It appeared as if he wasn't too enamoured with Barca's generally devious tactics, and I think that he now realises that his conscience wouldn't allow him to be part of such a team.

The other thing is that I would bet Barca were not best pleased with his comments last night, about Eto'o, RonaldmcDonaldinho and the team in general. Maybe they're not so keen to poach him now?
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 12:54 am
HENRY TO STAY!!

"Thierry Henry will stay at Arsenal for four years, where he will be paid £130k per week and he wants that Euro Cup"

<quote taken from back page of todays paper>

I thought so! He was so bloody furious with what he called the Barcelona players "diving like women" that I thought it might just influence him to stay.

I can't ever see a player like Henry, who is about as honest and honourable as you can get, ever enjoying themselves with a club that encourages underhand behaviour.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 03:23 am
Lord Ellpus wrote:
I thought so! He was so bloody furious with what he called the Barcelona players "diving like women" that I thought it might just influence him to stay.

Or it mighta been the £130k per week that did it.. Shocked
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 03:36 am
nimh wrote:
Lord Ellpus wrote:

Or it mighta been the £130k per week that did it.. Shocked

Nah, he would have earned probably more than that with Barca, or someone else.

It was probably a good thing for Arsenal that they lost, and that Barcelona decided to play their usual game of going down like fairies, whenever someone comes near them. They also made a mistake when they adopted the tactic of kicking lumps out of him, and the unsavoury way they contributed to his booking.
I honestly think that he might have gone there, otherwise.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 03:39 am
Another headline I've just spotted reads: "Arsenal agony as referee admits "I got it wrong" "

UEFA "got it wrong" when they decided to appoint a ref from what is a very minor league, to oversee probably the most important event in World football, apart from the World cup.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 03:59 am
Quoting the first part from the article as I read......

I GOT IT WRONG, SAYS UEFA STOOGE

"UEFA were under fire last night after it emerged that Terje Hauge was given the Champions League final partly as a protest against his omission from FIFA's World Cup list.

Hauge's performance in Paris was widely condemned and he admitted yesterday that he should have played an advantage when blah de blah....

Sportsmail can reveal that Hauge was selected for the match because the European governing body's refereeing committee were angry with FIFA for not picking him for next month's World Cup.

A top refereeing source said "Hauge's appointment was part of the political posturing that goes on behind the scenes......."

I'll bet that FIFA are now glad that they chose NOT to include the pillock in their list of World Cup refs.

Send him back to oversee the local pub team games in Norway, that's what I say!
0 Replies

lmur

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 04:00 am
LE's bias is understandable, if a little tiresome at this stage!

Please address the following:

The Arsenal goal was the result of a blatant dive by the right back, who shortly before that, should have been red-carded for planting his studs into the groin of a Barca player!

Arsenal had enough chances to win the game. Two of the simplest were missed by £130K-a-week crybaby, Henry.

Pires for Portsmouth!
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 04:15 am
I have adressed this here......

http://www.able2know.com/forums/a2k-post2045119.html&highlight=#2045119

...as it is the relevant thread for the Champions league final.

THIS thread is about something completely different, and I am sure that the Author will accept my sincere apology for derailing it, as he is known to be a handsome, virile and understanding man of the highest calibre.

Imur, you just see how upset you'll be next year, when Shelbourne FC lose the final to Real Madrid in such a manner.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 06:07 am
I can admit now that I got this card (with an 'England batch') two days ago:

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/5642/zwischenablage02345x5134dx.jpg

which included the below shown message*

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/8199/zwischenablage01323x722xu.jpg

After this insult, I consulted FIFA/UEFA about red cards in international club matches before the World Cup ...
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 02:36:56