Handicapping the "Correctness of Iraq war" debate

DrewDad

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 08:55 am
Here's the debate: http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=74357&highlight=

Now, Brandon's just salvoed with his only real argument, which has been debunked time and again.

How will Cyclo respond?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 627 • Replies: 10
No top replies

wandeljw

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 09:08 am
looks like a good debate. both are very detailed in their posts.
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 10:59 am
i'm curious, what would constitute winning the debate, besides one side conceding defeat? if this were TV, we wait for network pundits to tell us who won. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 11:00 am
I plan to start a poll thread for that after the debate is over.... Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 11:02 am
To that extent, it is pointless. Brandon always asserts that he has won, because he always asserts that his thesis has not been addressed. By that, he means his thesis that the invasion is justified on the basis of the putative threat--and he doesn't support that thesis very well, other than to constantly harp on the possiblity that Hussein possessed womd, and not any appeal to reality.

No matter the strength of Cyclo's argument, Brandon will never concede. Cyclo has no reason to concede.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 11:03 am
So may I assume you joined me in voting "neither?"
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 01:49 pm
Well, not entirely. At present, i am not willing to assert that it will get bogged down in nitpicking.

I would note that if Brandon were to concede, and change his mind--there'd be no living with him.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 01:50 pm
I voted neither. I'm pretty sure the two will get bogged down and neither will concede anything.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 01:57 pm
FreeDuck wrote:
I'm pretty sure the two will get bogged down and neither will concede anything.

In other words... it will be just like any other political debate on A2K :wink:
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Mon 15 May, 2006 04:45 pm
I have voted for cyclo, because if I were a teenage girl I would have his poster on my bedroom wall.

To be truthful, I have already asked him to send me a poster, but he has turned me down because in his estimation, I am nothing but a fifty year old pervert.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 10:03 am
At least one poll in the US has correctly predicted an outcome....
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Handicapping the "Correctness of Iraq war" debate
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 06/26/2024 at 04:34:35