Excuse me, but where is the Crapper?

makemeshiver33

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 02:58 pm
LMAO

I remember when they built the outhouse at our camp...it was such a heated debate on where to place the potty. I lost...

Seems the men had brilliant ideas of placing it within the camping area, of which they built in the dead of winter. Come summer, they revised their way of thinking...lol

But its a lovely outhouse, complete with battery operated pull string lights, a his and her's...even with artwork gracing the outside doors to let each visitor know to which side belongs to whom...
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 03:02 pm
I once cringed when my Mum put up one of those sticky backed slogan thingies....

"If you sprinklw when you tinkle, please be sweet and wipe the seat"

I dreaded it when my mates came round and borrowed the loo.
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 03:09 pm
Lord Ellpus wrote:
I once cringed when my Mum put up one of those sticky backed slogan thingies....

"If you sprinklw when you tinkle, please be sweet and wipe the seat"

I dreaded it when my mates came round and borrowed the loo.

We had one of those in my house, too. Also a sign on our pool that said "Welcome to our ool. Notice there is no 'p' in it. Please keep it that way."
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 03:12 pm
When we were renovating our house in a major way, we had probably 8 different trades at one time (plumber, electrician, tiler, etc)... they were all using the loo that I'm now renovating (although that's not why I'm renovating it). One day I got sick and tired of putting the seat down every time I wanted to use it so I stuck a note on the underside of the seat that said "Please put seat DOWN". Do you think one of those lummoxes would do it? Not a chance. Don't know why.

Maybe it's sort of like when you ask them to remove their dirty, muddy, hobbly old boots before entering your pristine house with the brand new wood floors - they just don't like it.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 03:15 pm
Ah! But how many times has a woman taken the trouble to leave the seat UP, after they've used it?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 03:20 pm
Mame wrote:

What I can't stand are the automatic flushers - they flush all the time - what a waste of water.

(How are you, btw?)

Nothing like them flushing before you're finished..."Hey, give that back! I'm not done yet!"
Laughing
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 03:26 pm
Fortunately in my house everyone sits on the seat (hubby included) to do their business... I guess I've been spoiled these past 20 years. I'm glad because I don't like the sound of pee cascading into water from 4 ft off the floor Smile Sounds too much like a horse Smile And when your bathroom ain't insulated, boy, does that sound travel!

Bella - those things can flush 3 or 4 times while you're still sitting on 'em, plus another couple once you're off but still in the stall - kerazy!
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 03:57 pm
Do you have the floating toilets in Canada, Mame? I guess the main
problem here in the US would be to find someone who can actually
install them. Confused

(I'm perfect, thank you. I hope you're doing well too, considering....)
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 04:02 pm
CJ: Yes, we have them in the more upscale bathroom stores (ie not your Home Depot or Rona)... I am excited about getting one because they look so mod. I don't know how you'd repair them, because they appear to be contained in the wall. That's not my problem, thank goodness... and yes, my plumber knows how to install them...
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 05:51 pm
CalamityJane wrote:
I'd be already happy, if we had some European crapperies here...

http://www.villeroy-boch.com/uploads/pics/badkeramik_epuramodern1.jpg

Wow, that is a really nice bathroom.

I do have an ignorant American question though cj..... Embarrassed

The bidet, I know what is for, but....well....how does one use it and not get water all over their clothes?

Actually in my case, it would probably be all over my clothes, hair wringing wet, shoes soaked and an inch of water on the floor?

Also, how clean can it get you really? You don't use any soap with it? Do you?

My girlfriend bought a house with a bidet already installed. She said to me "watch this" and turned it on. Her rottweiler came galloping in from the living room and start slurping up the water, like a fountain in the park.

Witch hazel pads, I swear by them.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 05:55 pm
crapper
...the bidet is actually a drinking fountain for "the little people" - should come in handy when they are visiting next time

...in a pinch can also used as a footbath
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 06:41 pm
Chai Tea wrote:

Quote:
The bidet, I know what is for, but....well....how does one use it and not get water all over their clothes?

No, you don't get wet, Chai. You position yourself like you would on a toilet
and the warm water just cleanses you gently.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 06:56 pm
Chai Tea wrote:

Me too!
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 07:34 pm
littlek wrote:
Chai Tea wrote:

Me too!

Oh Gosh! Surprised

Do you use Dickensens Brand? We'll have to chat about this over a nice cup of tea.

Laughing
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 07:39 pm
ummm....cj? I'm sorry, but I'm having a really hard time with this "not getting all wet" business.

http://www.piersantelli.it/img/filou-bidet.jpg
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 08:19 pm
Hehe Chai, that would be also a good idea to wash the cat in it Wink

What are witch hazel pads? Sounds like tiger balm....
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 08:29 pm
Chai, I use which ever brand I happen upon. Dickensons makes the good travel sets. Tissues and pads soaked in witchhazel and 13% alcohol (and aloe in some). I use them for my face, hands, etc..... I have a cvs brand here at home.

Yes, tea....... not witchhazel, though, yech.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 12 May, 2006 07:37 am
littlek wrote:
Chai, I use which ever brand I happen upon. Dickensons makes the good travel sets. Tissues and pads soaked in witchhazel and 13% alcohol (and aloe in some). I use them for my face, hands, etc..... I have a cvs brand here at home.

Yes, tea....... not witchhazel, though, yech.

Ah yes, I keep a big bottle at the house for home use.

I got a mouthful of witch hazel once when I had my hands full and tried to rip off the safety seal with my teeth.

BLEEEECHHHHH!

http://www.witchhazel.com/pix/blue/g_all_natural_cleansin.jpg
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 07:14:55