This guy was severely beaten with the "stupid stick"

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 07:13 am
I'm driving along this morning, listening to the radio in my truck, and they're having a contest on this particular radio station where whoever can answer a designated question correctly will win tickets to an upcoming concert which has been sold out for quite some time.

The first caller in is some dude who is very excited. "I can't believe I'm the first caller", he says. "I just have to win the tickets. I love these guys!"

The host tells him, "Answer this question correctly and the tickets are yours. Are you ready?"

"Please make it easy. I really, really want to see these guys."

"Ok, besides human, there is one other animal on the planet that can communicate by name recognition."

"What does that mean?"

"There is another animal that actually will recognize the name of another animal of that species and call other such animals by name."

I knew the answer right away, as I'm sure most A2Kers do, and we speak of the dolphin, and, more specifically, the bottlenose dolphin. But I can tell by the hesitation in this guy's voice that he is clueless. I'm thinking that he is probably going to come up with a guess like a gorilla or a chimpanzee, something resembling humans. So, I wait.

Long pause.

Finally, the host says, "Ten seconds."

"Badger?"

I almost drove off the road. A friggin badger! Of all the animals on this planet why in the hell would that guy come up with a badger?

If someone pulled out a gun and stuck it to my head and told he would give me five thousand guesses for the same question, and I didn't supply the correct answer he would blow my brains out, my 4,999th guess would be badger, barely edging out the common earthworm.

The fourth caller won the prize with the correct answer. The 2nd caller guessed gorilla, and the 3rd caller guessed parrot.

I just thought I would share that with you.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,279 • Replies: 23
No top replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 07:32 am
Shocked

Thank you for sharing that sad sad story of a man and his intelligence level... :wink:
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 07:34 am
May I just be the first to say, "Badgers? We won't guess no stinking badgers!"

Thank you very much.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 07:36 am
What about whales they use specific calls for individuals.

and kangaroos theres roo TED for one everyone knows him.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 07:37 am
That poor fellow...I can't imagine anyone coming up with "Badger" for an answer...lol

Now Gus's well trained Capabaras...lol, maybe

A possum...if your in the deep south...

But a BADGER? LOL........hell no........lol
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 07:38 am
Badger badger badger

http://www.badgerbadgerbadger.com/
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 07:45 am
OK, did anyone else hear this?

Where the hell does Gus live? Huh?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 07:50 am
My badgers do that.

Don't yours Gus?

You sure have dumb badgers.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 07:52 am
You know, I understand that having dumb badgers is more distressing than piles.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 07:54 am
dlowan wrote:
You know, I understand that having dumb badgers is more distressing than piles.

Only when Preparation H is available.

Then again, try sitting on a badger.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 08:05 am
Some years ago, I was driving in County Donegal, Ireland - a land where they speeak Irish, rather than English as a first language.

I was lost, as is usual for me in the northern hemisphere, and listening absent-mindedly to the radio as I tried to work out where the bloody hell I was (using Australian euphemism here!).

Some sort of quiz came on - and it was all in Irish. The questions and answers went back and forth, and I didn't understand a thing. And then an answer boomed out: AARDVARK!!!

Perhaps it was the same quiz as Gus heard. Was aardvark the correct answer!?

The conversation then continued in Irish!

Thismis apropos of nothing at all, really - I just thought I'd sneak it in on one of the Gus threads! Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 08:07 am
Er... I thought the Irish spoke some form of English...
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 08:10 am
There are parts which are principally Irish-spealking - Gaeltacht.

County Donegal and parts of Dingle are - had trouble following directions after getting lost in Dingle, too - didn't understand a word.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 08:11 am
Drewdad, Only when ordering a pint of Guinness in a London Pub.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 08:14 am
Lord Ellpus wrote:
Drewdad, Only when ordering a pint of Guinness in a London Pub.

only time I speak English, too! Some bastard offered me Fosters last time I was there! Shocked
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 08:22 am
Gus, I would have answered "Crows", as it is a well known fact that our Crows call each other by name.

Stats from the RSPB indicate that there are over 1,243,000 Crows in the UK, and they are all called Arrk.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 08:23 am
Re: This guy was severely beaten with the "stupid stick
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
I'm driving along this morning, listening to the radio in my truck, and they're having a contest on this particular radio station where whoever can answer a designated question correctly will win tickets to an upcoming concert which has been sold out for quite some time. .......

I think I understand the problem here.

The correct word is 'whomever'.

My 2nd grade teacher would have smacked my right hand with a ruler for doing that.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 01:51 pm
Quote:
my 4,999th guess would be badger, barely edging out the common earthworm.

I hate to admit it, but badger would have been my 4,996th guess.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 04:28 pm
Ok, what I want to know is does that video that dadpad put the link up for ever end? I have black and white spots in front of my eyes!http://www.smileys.ws/smls/yahoo/00000052.gif
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 04:39 pm
Y'all stop badgering poor Gus, y'hear?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » This guy was severely beaten with the "stupid stick"
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 06/24/2024 at 06:24:50