When's the last time you did something extravagant?

roger

Reply Fri 9 May, 2003 07:25 pm
I knew a guy in the Army that did that, Steissd, and he was way past six years old. He woke up when he couldn't get his wall locker to flush.

Woke up - not sobered up.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 01:54 pm
well, c'mon, Nimh, 'fess up! What have you done?

Me - I have this superextravagant travel hobby - off to Europe again next month! It's no wonder I'm poor! I've spent my inheritance before I've got it Shocked
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 02:14 pm
go margo!
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 02:23 pm
I bought a car this week, does that count ?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 02:31 pm
depends - did you NEED it?
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 02:40 pm
yes, coz some thievin' little runt tried to steal my previous car and trashed it
0 Replies

mamajuana

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 02:45 pm
Bought and had steamed at the supermarket five lobsters. I was just overcome. The man at the fish counter gave me a special price. That night we had lobster, period. Since, on my budget, two is an extravagance, I don't know what five make, but they were good.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 03:38 pm
Well, I bought some really excellent Begian chocolate today.
Treble of the price, I pay usually.
Enjoyed the complete bar now and go to bed very satisfied.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 05:04 pm
Well, OaK, sounds like you NEEDed a new car. It's not a porsche or something like that, or is it?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 05:11 pm
margo wrote:
well, c'mon, Nimh, 'fess up! What have you done?

Sorry, I was distracted last night, was posting in some old music threads I dug up instead of taking care of my own thread - in Train Songs and Banned songs. It was cool. Check it out Wink.

Me, extravaganzas ...

I'm afraid I've been in survival mode for too long now, I haven't much been able yet to go beyond coping from day to day into where you can open up yourself some new pleasurable horizon.

I mean, sure, I make sure to take care of myself, still, too, I have my Walter moments (with his chocolates <smiles>) - I spoil myself sometimes, I love cake, I love going to a fancy place and treating myself to something special - but that's just nice, no longer extravagant.

It's kind of hard. It will come back, I'm sure. I've come to at least think about what I like doing in life, myself, again, about what I might like to do - I can see the possibility of it again, that's a good first step, isn't it?

Of from before, I miss the clubbing, the staying out, dancing till into the next morning, for one - miss the E high, too - the day of mindblasting sex that would follow ... <big grin>. And travelling, oh - now I still get to a few places, thanks to my job mostly, but we don't have the money to ever go on holidays ourselves, like - and I used to arrange cool trips - like, for Anastasia's birthday before she came here, we stayed in the Esterhazy Palace in Fertod, "the Hungarian Versailles", it was so beautiful a place - and just planning it (because it's actually really cheap, but they only speak Hungarian where you make the reservations, so it's not easy) - like, the effort, the planning, the looking forward to it, all that?

In better days again ... I'm sure .... <smiles>
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 08:31 pm
About 15 years ago I took my mom on a three week garden and castle tour through 5 European countries. It was our last hurrah before age caught up to us. We had a blast!

England, France, Germany, Swizterland and the Netherlands
0 Replies

jjorge

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 09:19 pm
I became a drug whore.

I had a very expensive meal with appetizers, two kinds of wine desert etc. at a very nice Providence seafood restaurant.

I didn't pay however. I was invited, along with about fourteen colleagues, by a drug company rep. who showed us a 30 minute video tape on his company's newest drug between the appetizers and the entrees.

afterwards we all agreed that we had at least technically become
'Drug whores' . . . although we were all certain that we would not
' plug the new drug'.
0 Replies

CodeBorg

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 09:24 pm
Driving across town the other day,
I picked up two hitchhikers instead of my usual one.
That way I had an extra vagrant.

_groan_
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sun 11 May, 2003 01:22 pm
CodeBorg wrote:
Driving across town the other day,
I picked up two hitchhikers instead of my usual one.
That way I had an extra vagrant.

_groan_

Laughing Razz Laughing Very Happy Confused
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Sun 11 May, 2003 04:01 pm
Last time?

When I danced naked on the moon!
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Mon 12 May, 2003 02:25 am
I just bought planters for my garden (which is being redesigned) two weekends ago. When I saw the final bill, I almost fainted !!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 12 May, 2003 10:55 am
Patiodog - I was at the Ritz for a wedding and didn't have time to play golf. In fact, one hole is in the picture I posted. You can see the green right in front of the two-story rotunda close to the ocean. The bride and groom rented out both floors of that rotunda for the wedding, sleeping on the second floor, and were married outside, between the rotunda and the green.

We stayed in a room with no ocean view, it was $325/night. Ocean view rooms start at $450... At least it came with full rights to the gym and spa.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 12 May, 2003 10:57 am
Dag, please post a photo of you trimming the bushes! Smile
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 12 May, 2003 11:27 am
I went to New York (from California) a few weeks ago to see some galleries and museums and meet with friends. This was dumb financially, but invigorating personally. But now I want to go again!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 13 May, 2003 11:26 pm
Tee hee, cjhsa, I didn't have time for that. I was chasing men off with a chainsaw.
JJorge, are you by any chances at the Rhode Island Hospital? I know a few drug whores there, there is many of you!
I sold myself to the hospital once, along with my sister, when Claritin was introduced to the Slovak pharmaceutical market. They are required by law to do tests before they release it - and they pay for that. I used Claritin before in the U.S. for allergies, so why not. We spent 3 lovely days in the hospital, just reading and gossiping, it was great! Wouldn't do it with any other drug though, or alone.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 09:06:02