Why--Why--Why?

Ceege

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 04:43 pm
Why do we press harder on a remote control when we know the batteries are getting weak?
Why do banks charge a fee on "insufficient funds" when they know there is not enough?
Why does someone believe you when you say there are four billion stars, but check when you say the paint is wet?
Why doesn't glue stick to the bottle?
Why do they use sterilized needles for death by lethal injection?
Why doesn't Tarzan have a beard?
Why does Superman stop bullets with his chest, but ducks when you throw a revolver at him?
Why do Kamikaze pilots wear helmets?
Whose idea was it to put an "S" in the word "lisp"?
If people evolved from apes, why are there still apes?
Why is it that no matter what color bubble bath you use the bubbles are always white?
Is there ever a day that mattresses are not on sale?
Why do people constantly return to the refrigerator with hopes that something new to eat will have materialized?
Why do people keep running over a string a dozen times with their vacuum cleaner, then reach down, pick it up, examine it, then put it down to give the vacuum one more chance?
Why is it that no plastic bag will open from the end on your first try?
How do those dead bugs get into those enclosed light fixtures?
When we are in the supermarket and someone rams our ankle with a shopping cart then apologizes for doing so, why do we say, "It's all right?" Well, it isn't all right, so why don't we say, "That hurt, you stupid idiot?"
Why is it that whenever you attempt to catch something that's falling off the table you always manage to knock something else over?
In winter why do we try to keep the house as warm as it was in summer when we complained about the heat?
How come you never hear father-in-law jokes?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My own personal "why" is: When I walk up to a store with a double door, why is it that one of those doors is locked. And, why is that always the door I try to open first?
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 578 • Replies: 8
No top replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 06:51 pm
Quote:

Perhaps he is Native American - they aren't known for their body hair. My kind of men, those Native Americans.

Quote:

No.

Quote:
Why do people keep running over a string a dozen times with their vacuum cleaner, then reach down, pick it up, examine it, then put it down to give the vacuum one more chance?

Because we just miss science and this is one of the few ways we can reconnect.

Quote:
When we are in the supermarket and someone rams our ankle with a shopping cart then apologizes for doing so, why do we say, "It's all right?" Well, it isn't all right, so why don't we say, "That hurt, you stupid idiot?"

Because in the overall scheme of things it really is alright.

Relax, why don't you.

Quote:

You SO need to come to dinner at my house.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 07:00 pm
All these years later I am still a tad wary of other people's shopping carts, since my mother got rammed at the achilles tendon by one and had side effects from it for quite a while.
0 Replies

Ceege

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 07:13 pm
boomerang wrote:
Quote:

Perhaps he is Native American - they aren't known for their body hair. My kind of men, those Native Americans.

Quote:

No.

Quote:

Because we just miss science and this is one of the few ways we can reconnect.

Quote:

Because in the overall scheme of things it really is alright.

Relax, why don't you.

Quote:

You SO need to come to dinner at my house.

The only "why" that was mine is the last one--the "personal why". The others were sent to me in an e-mail. Just thought I would share them.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 09:35 pm
I saw the light on the night that I passed by her window
I saw the flickering shadows of love on her blind
She was my woman
As she deceived me I watched and went out of my mind
My, my, my, delilah
Why, why, why, delilah
I could see that girl was no good for me
But I was lost like a slave that no man could free
At break of day when that man drove away, I was waiting
I cross the street to her house and she opened the door
She stood there laughing
I felt the knife in my hand and she laughed no more
My, my, my delilah
Why, why, why delilah
So before they come to break down the door
Forgive me delilah I just couldn't take any more

[insert trumpet solo here]

She stood there laughing
I felt the knife in my hand and she laughed no more
My, my, my, delilah
Why, why, why, delilah
So before they come to break down the door
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 09:38 pm
For the record, Tarzan was English. Hence Lord Greystoke.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 09:38 pm
Quote:

Ummm, been guilty of that one...lmao But its true!
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Wed 3 May, 2006 09:37 pm
Re: Why--Why--Why?
Ceege wrote:
Why do we press harder on a remote control when we know the batteries are getting weak?

For me at least, that actually seems to work!

Ceege wrote:

Why does someone believe you when you say there are four billion stars, but check when you say the paint is wet?

If they were told the truth that there are acually 400 billion stars in our galaxy and over 250 billion known galaxies they are less likely to believe.
Ceege wrote:
Why doesn't glue stick to the bottle?

If it got stuck in the bottle we wouldn't buy it now would we?
0 Replies

lezzles

Reply Thu 4 May, 2006 05:56 am
Re: Why--Why--Why?
Ceege wrote:

No intention of being pedantic or a smart arse, but you did ask - :wink:

As a youth Tarzan watched African villagers and noted the physical differences between them and the apes he lived with. He noted their abilities in building huts to shelter in and recognised that they were on a "higher" scale than the apes. One of the differences he noticed was that while the apes all had hairy faces, facial hair on the Africans was rare. In his mind he wanted to be more like them. He had already discovered that he could cut his hair with his knife and he gradually learned to shave with it. This is explained in full in the book "Jungle Tales of Tarzan" by Edgar Rice Burroughs.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Why--Why--Why?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 03:38:53