Ever had THOSE people show up?

Reply Sat 29 Apr, 2006 09:25 pm
(I'm posting this and heading to bed...lol)

Humm, you ever get THOSE people that show up at your house, and sit there and not have a damned thing to say? lol

Makes ya wonder why they showed up?

Is it to get fed? A lil pity? What????...I can't read minds....

So...we sat quietly and watched two movies...lol

Then they were up and gone.....

Go figure........
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,114 • Replies: 21
No top replies

InfraBlue

Reply Sat 29 Apr, 2006 09:40 pm
Why do you let them in?
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Sat 29 Apr, 2006 10:38 pm
Perhaps they just wanted to hang out quietly and watch some tv. And they knew you would do just that.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 29 Apr, 2006 10:49 pm
I think makemeshiver had a couple drunk coon hunters show up uninvited and she is looking for sympathy from us.

I want to visit makemeshiver. I want to live briefly in her world.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 29 Apr, 2006 10:57 pm
She's living in the neck of the woods,
and has more things going on in her life,
as someone in New York City.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Sun 30 Apr, 2006 03:47 am
You must be a warm home, and attract the lost souls.

Probably just stopping by for company. It's those people that are the reason I have liquor at my place. lol. Wanna shot, shiver?
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sun 30 Apr, 2006 02:54 pm
LOL...

Well, we sat quietly and watched movies...

I did enjoy their company, I just get tickled sometimes thinking how all of us.."Adults" can sit there silenty...and call it "visiting". We've been known to do that before....

oh well......

But makes ya wonder..when they call ya to see what your doing, if your home, than tell you...they are coming, and not much is spoken...lol

I soppose we are comfortable with each other....enough to remain silent.

Quote:
Why do you let them in?

They are my bro/sis ~n~ law....

Quote:
Perhaps they just wanted to hang out quietly and watch some tv. And they knew you would do just that.

Thats what we did...haha

Quote:
I think makemeshiver had a couple drunk coon hunters show up uninvited and she is looking for sympathy from us.

I want to visit makemeshiver. I want to live briefly in her world.

HUM, before kids, that wasn't unusual....or all us to be drunk, come back home and make breakfast before everyone passed out...lol

But you come on Gus, I'll fed ya too, and if you want to sit silently...I'll let ya...we'll watch a movie.......

Quote:
She's living in the neck of the woods,
and has more things going on in her life,
as someone in New York City.

Sometimes I wonder... Shocked

Quote:
You must be a warm home, and attract the lost souls.

Probably just stopping by for company. It's those people that are the reason I have liquor at my place. lol. Wanna shot, shiver

I've attracted more than lost souls...ha, and I have the liquor cabinet stocked...lol
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 30 Apr, 2006 03:53 pm
I'm not much of a television watcher at home. I wouldn't go visiting to watch television. On the other hand, we have some television-watching visitors with no conversation. A sit-com with canned laughter is to be preferred to their third-hand, half-digested opinions.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 30 Apr, 2006 04:13 pm
I wish I had friends I could just go visit to watch some movie or sumthin... friends I have tend to want to meet somewhere and then either go do something or talk about stuff, possibly even interesting stuff. Fine with me, but it does get tiresome sometimes and yeah, would be cool to have just like, drop-in-hang-out friends too .. a

Anyone's welcome to stop by at my place and i dunno, browse in the bookcase or something ... in fact, anyone staying over for, like, a day or two, please do act like you're at home, cos you're very welcome but i'm not gonna entertain you..
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Sun 30 Apr, 2006 05:58 pm
I have oftentimes been one of "those" people who randomly show up at someone's house not only without saying anything, but without the owner/renter of said house knowing I was there at all.

Is that creepy?

Question
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sun 30 Apr, 2006 06:25 pm
As usual, I agree with Gus. It's true what they say about great minds.... Gus and I are always on the same wavelength... We're like soulmates....

Anyway, I'd like to show up at makemeshiver's house too. She sounds like someone I'd like to hang out with.

I'll bet she'd even leave a little bowl of milk out for me......
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 30 Apr, 2006 06:40 pm
Stray Cat wrote:
As usual, I agree with Gus. It's true what they say about great minds.... Gus and I are always on the same wavelength... We're like soulmates....

you do of course know exactly what they say about great minds don't you
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sun 30 Apr, 2006 07:20 pm
"Great minds are sure to madness near allied
and thin partitions do their bounds divide..."
(Thomas Moore, I think)

Is that what you mean, dj?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 30 Apr, 2006 07:22 pm
Stray Cat and I do have similar minds, but I must put her to the test.

Tell me that you saw the child trapped in the pod, Stray Cat.

If you did, we can go crazy together, hand in hand.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sun 30 Apr, 2006 07:29 pm
Tell me you got a six-pack of Corona we could share on the way, and you've got a deal.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 30 Apr, 2006 07:42 pm
Stray Cat, I have a six pack of Corona. Let us begin our journey.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sun 30 Apr, 2006 07:46 pm
(Gus and Stray Cat pop a couple of brewskis and walk off into the sunset, hand in paw...)
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sun 30 Apr, 2006 08:38 pm
Well, I will role out the red carpet and leave the light on.... :wink:

LOL, they just spent the evening with my husbands and kids...catfishing on a friends pond.

I was busy writing horrid explanations about Arkansas's offensive Juvenile Justice System.. Thats a real eye opener... Shocked

Of course, I run out...bought pizza for supper, and we all eat together, they left...

Sidenote: My BIL is a mess. He tends to pester, tickle...and could spar with Bill Engvall...of course, I poke back..which begins the over runneth of mouths combatting to get the biggest laugh......

But the last two nights...we've all been speechless.... Surprised
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 10:28 am
I had an aunt who would drive way out into the country (where we lived), walk into the house without knocking, and go sit in the living room reading a book. She'd read for an hour or two, then get up and drive the forty minutes (or whatever - a long way) home. She was my favorite aunt.
0 Replies

lezzles

Reply Thu 4 May, 2006 10:11 am
Wy -

One cool lady!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Ever had THOSE people show up?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/16/2024 at 07:53:41