Karaokeing Bohemian Rhapsody: bold move or social suicide?

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 08:28 pm
Everybody has considered, or attempted, karaoke before. But, which song is the best choice?? Which one for you? For me? For your sister? For your neighbor's dog? Well, while that's interesting, I want to discuss one song in particular.

Yes, you know which one I speak of. That song: Bohemian Rhapsody by the memorable band Queen and sung by late-great Freddie Mercury. The man who's vocal range has been recorded as low as F2 and as high as D6. This song, it's tough. So, the question: singing this song in front of people, sober, bold move, or social suicide?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 825 • Replies: 15
No top replies

Eva

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 10:02 pm
You've certainly chosen the correct username, CD.

That's insane! Unless it's actually stand-up comedy.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 10:25 pm
Hmmm. Eva has a point. CD, do you honestly think you can pull it off ? If so I'd say what the hell... Go for it, but be prepared to make a fool out of youself. (Not always the worst thing in the world.)

I once manged to avoid a potential ass whupping in rural South Carolina by belting out Jambalaya by Hank Williams. I butchered the song, but the thought counted enough, and I drank free the rest of the night.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 10:38 pm
Goodbye Joe. Me Gotta go. Me oh my oh.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 10:40 pm
Me gotta go pole the pirogue down the bayou

<Gus, do you pole a pirogue to the swamp tree trunk liquor store?>
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 10:42 pm
Re: Karaokeing Bohemian Rhapsody: bold move or social suicid
CrazyDiamond wrote:
Everybody has considered, or attempted, karaoke before. But, which song is the best choice?? Which one for you? For me? For your sister? For your neighbor's dog? Well, while that's interesting, I want to discuss one song in particular.

Yes, you know which one I speak of. That song: Bohemian Rhapsody by the memorable band Queen and sung by late-great Freddie Mercury. The man who's vocal range has been recorded as low as F2 and as high as D6. This song, it's tough. So, the question: singing this song in front of people, sober, bold move, or social suicide?

Cliché
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2006 12:09 am
CD, in order to reach the high notes, you must remember to insert a scaramouche in your fandango at the appropriate time.

Good luck.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2006 04:40 am
Never kareoke in front of anyone unless you are "filled to the gills" or they are or even better bothof you at once then it wont matter what you sing.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2006 09:14 am
I see a little silhouetto of a man.

Doing karaoke.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2006 10:46 am
It's suicide man.

I prefer doing a creepy, sarcastic version of "Wind Beneath My Wings."

It's important to scowl and make quotation marks with your fingers when you sing, "Did you ever know that you're my HERO? You're everything I wish I could be."

And dedicate it to an obscure celebrity, like Pat Sajak, so your audience will wonder what sordid history is behind your rendition.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2006 11:15 am
as a karaoke operator I beg you not to do it....
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2006 11:27 am
BVT:

Do you get a lot of angry overweight women singing Alanis Morrisette (I'm Here to Remind You)?

Or dumb coeds singing Madonna's Just Like A Prayer?

Wondering if this is a local phenomenon, or a national one.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2006 11:29 am
we get like a virgin.... and the alanis morisette is popular because everyone screams out f*ck at the right moment....you never even called me by my name is big around here...
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2006 03:27 pm
Eh, at the very least, therre will be a few fools like me admiring your guts. I'd buy ya a drink for that suicide mission ...and GO! Laughing
0 Replies

CrazyDiamond

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2006 05:14 pm
Maybe I'd do it, just so people say, "That guy has some guts,"...........and then laugh at me.

Queen Live-Aid 1985
Check it out. I could never do it like this, and he even lowers the high notes because of the nodules on his vocal chords. So under-appriciated because of the whole gayness thing. But goddamn it Freddie can sing. R.I.P.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2006 05:21 pm
Bold.

And crazy in a really marvellous way.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Karaokeing Bohemian Rhapsody: bold move or social suicide?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 03:48:21