What would you do?

Reply Wed 7 May, 2003 03:03 pm
Well, there is an APB out for a group of young punks in Toronto who have staged at least 8 home invasions over the last couple of weeks. Their MO is to enter an apartment complex, follow a victim into the elevator, brandish knives and machetes to force the victim into the apartment, then beat them until they give up their plastic and PIN numbers....now...assuming that you will just not put up with being a victim, how would you deal with these kids, to diffuse the situation, and get them arrested? It is already obvious from the reports that killing is not on their agenda, so your life is presumably safe. No James Bond fantasies...let's keep this real Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 755 • Replies: 8
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 7 May, 2003 03:16 pm
look them in the eye and say
"Aw thets not a knoif, (as you pull outr a 14"bladed Bowie knife)'Now thets a knoif"
0 Replies

london

Reply Wed 7 May, 2003 04:02 pm
A Friend of mine was mugged one night, now he always carries a spare wallet with a defunct, stopped indate credit card in, ready to throw at the intended muggers.
0 Replies

Gen

Reply Wed 7 May, 2003 04:08 pm
Hello London, welcome! Hope to see you around! Your friend is very clever!

I would lead them to the apartment of some one else that I know is home, and then let them try something. Who knows it might scare them enough to leave me be.

If that wont work.. I'ld scream as loud as I could and make as much noise as I could.

If that didn't work, I'd give them my wallet because I dont have a credit card nor do I carry cash. we only use checks.
0 Replies

LibertyD

Reply Wed 7 May, 2003 04:10 pm
You could pretend not to speak English and start gibbering made up words so that they wouldn't know what language you were speaking -- either that or they would think you were too crazy to deal with. Smile
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 7 May, 2003 04:15 pm
Of course, in most jurisdictions, multiple assailants equates to a presumption of deadly force. Any response within your ability would be justified.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 7 May, 2003 05:14 pm
I'm a dear, sweet, helpless little old lady. If they wanted my plastic and pin numbers (and how do they know you're telling the truth about the pin numbers) they could have them.

Even if it meant serving the thugs refreshments, I'd try to get fingerprints. I'm not particularly good at estimating heights, but I'd hope I could tell the police, "The ringleader (white, dark hair, pimples, tattoo of mermaid) was exactly the height of the top of that picture frame.

Revenge is a dish best eaten cold.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 7 May, 2003 07:27 pm
london...good idea...I have plenty of those hanging around....all good ideas, further proof that criminals be dumbasses....
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Wed 7 May, 2003 11:43 pm
What Would You Do?
Noddy, you are so sweet!

If it was me in the elavator? I'd say "Pin this" then start shooting.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What would you do?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 11:07:56