Submit Rx and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait and..

Noddy24

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 12:07 pm
This morning my doctor gave me a new prescription, so I stopped at the drugstore on the way home.

At this chain store, the pharmacist had three assistants behind the counter.

I handed over the little piece of paper and the pharmacy assistant said, "One Hour." When I looked very unhappy, he said, "Twenty minutes."

Fortunately, I remembered that the drugstore carried greeting cards and that my supply of greeting cards was low.

Unfortunately, after twenty minutes I was told that my Rx was complete, but it had to be checked by the pharmacist. After ten minutes I was told, "The machine is down."

By this time there was a lot of customer bonding going on in the Pick Up Line.

Eventually I walked out with my pills.

What do you browse for 20, 30, 40 minutes in the drugstore?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,002 • Replies: 31
No top replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 12:17 pm
I submit mine online for pickup the next day.

Unless I need it immediately and then I go in looking very sick and say "could you please hurry?" And usually it's a 10 minute wait.
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 12:20 pm
The same thing happened to me yesterday, luckily I still had my book and there was a massage chair in the waiting room.

I don't think it is possible to browse a drugstore for more than five minutes.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 12:22 pm
I might sound stupid, but had this prescription to be made in the pharmacy? (Which is rarely done here.)
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 12:23 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
I submit mine online for pickup the next day.

Unless I need it immediately and then I go in looking very sick and say "could you please hurry?" And usually it's a 10 minute wait.

I do the same thing. Saves a lot of aggravation.

0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 12:25 pm
Honestly?

If I really didn't have anyplace else to go, and it would be too far to go home and come back, I'd just sit patiently and wait.

If I had a book to read, that'd be great, otherwise I'd take the time to zone out.

I'll talk to other people waiting, but if they start complaining, I'll just stop conversing with them.

Quite frankly, listening to people complaining because of a wait is something I just don't do.

If they presist, I'll tell them, "You talking to someone who has no control over the fact you're waiting, there's nothing I can do about it." Especially if I'm there waiting the same as them.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 12:30 pm
I openly display the gun I'm carrying. I generally get prompt service.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 12:31 pm
Well, again my questiuon: why do you have to wait?
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 12:33 pm
I wish I knew Walter.
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 12:34 pm
I fill my one-time prescriptions at the in-store pharmacy at the grocery store, not at a drug store. I get my groceries while they fill the scrip.

Long-term prescriptions are filled by mail, three months' worth at a time.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 12:38 pm
I've really no idea what happens in US-pharmacies: here, I go into one, give my prescrition, get whatever might be on it and leave after two to five minutes.
(If's something they don't have stocked, what seldom might happen, they either bring it to my home in the evening or I can get at noon/afternoon in the pharmacy.)
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 12:41 pm
Oh, Walter, some of these prescriptions are so generous that the pharmacist has to count to 30. What can you expect. It only comes to one pill every two minutes, if you look at it like that.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 12:49 pm
Well, I really can't imagine how and why that is so. (I had to wait two years ago in a UK pharmacy ten minutes - but that was due to the fact that the only pharmacists 'on duty' was pretty occuped before she could look at my prescription.)

I'll explore the reason in three weeks time Laughing
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 12:50 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Well, again my questiuon: why do you have to wait?

So that you'll buy greeting cards.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 12:55 pm
Did you ever notice that in most places the pharmacy is at the BACK of the store? You would think, that since many of the people who come to get prescriptions are sick, old or infirm, that the store execs would put the pharmacy in front, for easier access.

Seems that they want you to pass the candy aisle before you get to the pharmacy!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 01:01 pm
Now, seriously: what takes why so long to get the stuff?
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 01:03 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Did you ever notice that in most places the pharmacy is at the BACK of the store? You would think, that since many of the people who come to get prescriptions are sick, old or infirm, that the store execs would put the pharmacy in front, for easier access.

Seems that they want you to pass the candy aisle before you get to the pharmacy!

I was thinking the same thing, I had to go in for pain medication for my leg and had to limp all the way to the back of the store to get it. At least they offer chairs while you wait.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 01:32 pm
Don't know about the U.S., but here the pharmacist will check your record for other medications you're taking - what the possible interactions are etc.

They may call the doc to confirm the appropriateness if there are doubts.

They will determine if your plan covers generics or only name brands.

If it's the first time you're getting something from a particular pharmacist, they'll print out pages of information to give to you - and the pharmacist comes out to discuss new medications with each customer.

Things like asthma puffers they demonstrate and make you show them what you understood of how to use it.

That's if they have the particular medication on file.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 01:33 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:

I think this was originally a privacy/modesty based arrangement.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 01:33 pm
dyslexia wrote:
I openly display the gun I'm carrying. I generally get prompt service.

I use pretty much the same tactic, but I use my killer cough instead. They're scared to death I'll either pass out right there or they'll catch whatever I have.

Seriously, I sound awful. (Always have. :wink: )

Also, their magazines are right next to the pharmacy, so I pick one up and read it...WITHOUT paying for it...if I have to wait. It pisses them off, but so what. If they give me any dirty looks, I'll just start coughing again.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Submit Rx and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait and..
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/13/2024 at 08:20:10