This doesn't really fit anywhere but: HEY, QUILTERS!!!!

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 04:44 pm
I am addicted to quilting.

Having once been a home sewer -- who gave it up to attend grad school (big mistake: got me nowhere fast) -- I am happy to be behind the sewing machine once more.

I have two reasons -- make that three (Python fans: Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition) -- for starting this thread.

1.) I am looking for travelling partners for the North Shore/ New Hampshire Shop Around (I think) May 11 - 14.

2.) I just want to talk quilting and sewing with other fanatics.

3.)We need a crafters section on this forum.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 451 • Replies: 7
No top replies

daniellejean

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 05:00 pm
hmm, I don't quilt, but my grandmother does. And she lives in New England. But she doesn't use the internet. So...kinda useless. Oh well.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 05:02 pm
Oh well.
0 Replies

detano inipo

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 05:16 pm
Not a quilter here, sorry. If ever you get to Hawaii, make sure you see the quilts they make. More beautiful than all others.
The missionaries tried to mold them into good little Christians and introduced quilting (idle hands and all that). Hawaiians have a sense of beauty and it shows.
Don't forget the comfy chair !!!
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 05:29 pm
I'm addicted to quilting. As you can imagine, I spend my days and nights, just quilting. Quilting, quilting, quilting. Mittens, scarfs, blankets with the American flag on them. I wish I knew how to quit quilting!
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 08:46 pm
I think you will find a few finatics here:
http://www.quilting-arts-forum.com/
I have a friend who quilts and this is a site she recommended to me, although I never got the quilting bug.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 08:48 pm
A craft forum would be great.

Meanwhile, BorisKitten and I started a pair of catch-all craft topics -- hers is Needlecraft (mine is everything else Laughing):

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44421
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2006 09:51 am
Greenwitch and sozobe -- Thanks for the tips! Wanted to find a quilting forum for a couple of years and you can not find them searching the web on your own: tried it several times.

Gee, slappy, I thought your addict ions would generally run in other directions.

And, no, I've never made it to Hawaii but I am familiar with Hawaiian applique. My brother did go to Hawaii and what impressed him the most were the orchids growing everywhere.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » This doesn't really fit anywhere but: HEY, QUILTERS!!!!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 04:21:57