Garg's Bad Idea Series: #2--Tom Cruise Rock Band

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2006 12:17 pm
I'm full of horrible ideas, and it has given me great pleasure to share them with you over the years.

Here is the second official installment in my bad idea series. The first was to write, direct, and produce a musical based on the voluminous catalogue of 90s pop sensation, The Spin Doctors. Read about it here.

I must say, I have since outdone myself.

See, I am going to start a pretentious, progressive powerpop band featuring Hollywood's Tom Cruise as the lead singer.

We will be called "Cruise Control."

The band itself will be comrpised of eleven members, each of whom will play electric versions of relatively obscure instruments such as the glockenspiel, didgeridoo, lyre, etc.

I will of course be the featured soloist, and I will play the "keytar," or more specifically, the Korg RK-100, a guitar-shaped keyboard popularized in the 1980s by the likes of Eddie Van Halen and Prince.

On stage I will wear a unitard, and a harness affixed to cables slung over pulleys. In the midst of my solos I will fly over the gigantic audience that has come to see Cruise Control.

Tom's songs will consits of metaphors thinly veiling arguments against the lie that is psychotherapy, or about Jesus flying a spaceship or some **** like that.

Here's what will happen toward the end of each show, during one of our tedious extended jams: Tom will wheel out Katie Holmes on a gurney and perfrom a live ultrasound! The lighting director will have special instructions to somehow make pink lasers shoot forth from Katie's vagina. The ultrasound itself will be projected onto a massive screen for all the audience to see.

Tom will then scream into the mic, "It's a boy motherfukker, let's rock!"

Whereupon my fingers will fly all over the Korg RK-100, with such ferocity that the audience will pass out from what doctors will call "Hyperawesomeness."

Yeah. Cruise Control, baby. Coming to an arena near you.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 593 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Chai

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2006 12:26 pm
Which way will Katie's bugina be facing?
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2006 12:27 pm
I've been looking for a group that will let me play my Savart's Wheel. Personally I think it is the second most obtrusive, obnoxious and irritating sound - second only to Tom Cruise himself!

Please oh please can I be in Cruise Control?

Quote:
Savart's Wheel, designed by Bart Hopkin, is widely acclaimed for the fact that it makes the most obtrusive, obnoxious and irritating sound imaginable.

http://www.windworld.com/emi_images/jbhsavart72.JPG
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2006 12:31 pm
Chai Tea wrote:
Which way will Katie's bugina be facing?

You've actually raised a critical question, Chai.

We all know what happened to Jim Morrison after he showed his dong on stage, right? Tiresome legal proceedings, the end of the Doors, etc.

The buh-gina must face me.

And Boomerang, you're hired.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2006 12:38 pm
Righteous!

Okay, I'll quit my job today, put the house on the market and drop Mo off at Granny's for a couple of years!
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2006 12:53 pm
I think all songs should be no less than eighteen minutes in length with no less than 4 solos per song. Making songs this long forces the audience to start believing Tom's lyrics. Once they are completely brainwashed, I will roam around signing up people to join the scientology movement. I only ask for 10% off the top of the profits of all concert goers I convert.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2006 12:58 pm
To open the show, everyone enters the stage from a single closet. AND NOW COMING OUT OF THE CLOSET, GIVE IT UP FOR-- TOOOOMMMM CROOOOOOZZZZ!!!
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2006 09:28 pm
I am surprised this idea has generated so little enthusiasm among the A2K faithful.

Yet I have a solution.

I have added to the band THIS dude from the beach concert scene in the 1980s vampire film, The Lost Boys:

http://www.ultimatetimmyfanz.com/Graphics/cap044.jpg
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2006 09:36 pm
Wow!! i can totally see how Hyperawesomeness is going to be a new epidemic throughout the country, if not the entire world. European youths are going to go for this too, all the ones that are still Michael Jackson fans, you know the kind.

Adding the dude from Lost Boys is a totally hot idea, too, cuz that movie was also seriously rockin'. You're good at this ****, man, really good.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2006 09:44 pm
Thanks!

(dollar signs in my pupils)
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2006 03:51 am
Quote:
The band itself will be comrpised of eleven members, ......each of whom will play electric versions of relatively obscure instruments....... didgeridoo

I saw a guy playing electric didge the other day. While not fully synthesised it was at least amplified. A glittery plastic looking straight pipe with a microphone attatched at the exit end. He was playing a duet with a trad wooden didge. I would not have been able to pick them apart.

http://www.didgeridoostore.com/soundsrhythms.html
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Garg's Bad Idea Series: #2--Tom Cruise Rock Band
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 06:29:44