Help us! Help China!

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 07:46 am
Ai~~~
I always feel disappointed about the control of ideology by our central government.

In China,all the students should learn a lot of subjects about chinese politics which occupy almost a half of one's major,such as the Mao theory and the DeXiaoping theory,etc.The purpose of learning that,I think,just the government wants to control people's mind and makes people believe in such theories.We dont know whether these theories are right or wrong,because what the government believed is always right!
What my teacher said is right,he said,the government forced the people to school,not to educate the people to find the truth,but to fool the people!At least,it does true in China.

In my opinion,to solve this problem,we need a complete liberty of speech.That is we can think by ourselves and release different opinions about the core problems.We can listen to the different voice from different media.At least,we can join the discussion of setting national policies.

If I say so to the central government,the answer will be a bullshit that the liberty of speech will impact the stability of society.I believe this partially,because I know most of Chinese peasants which are the main population are not well educated.They could be simply suborned by someone's different opinion.(It has been proved recently by an incident)

Who will be the hero to guide China to the correct way.Who knows.There is still a long way to go...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,741 • Replies: 14
No top replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 27 May, 2006 01:46 pm
Bump.
0 Replies

jiafzhbbs

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2006 02:16 am
Re: Help us! Help China!
raymond chan wrote:
Ai~~~
I always feel disappointed about the control of ideology by our central government.

In China,all the students should learn a lot of subjects about chinese politics which occupy almost a half of one's major,such as the Mao theory and the DeXiaoping theory,etc.The purpose of learning that,I think,just the government wants to control people's mind and makes people believe in such theories.We dont know whether these theories are right or wrong,because what the government believed is always right!
What my teacher said is right,he said,the government forced the people to school,not to educate the people to find the truth,but to fool the people!At least,it does true in China.

In my opinion,to solve this problem,we need a complete liberty of speech.That is we can think by ourselves and release different opinions about the core problems.We can listen to the different voice from different media.At least,we can join the discussion of setting national policies.

If I say so to the central government,the answer will be a bullshit that the liberty of speech will impact the stability of society.I believe this partially,because I know most of Chinese peasants which are the main population are not well educated.They could be simply suborned by someone's different opinion.(It has been proved recently by an incident)

Who will be the hero to guide China to the correct way.Who knows.There is still a long way to go...

really?but i think your words are utter!
0 Replies

percy200825

Reply Sat 17 Jun, 2006 01:27 am
I dont agree with your opinion.
What you said is nonsenece.
I am ashamed you are a Chinese.
0 Replies

raymond chan

Reply Sat 17 Jun, 2006 02:02 am
percy200825 wrote:

So,can u show me the reason why Chinese government they censor on forums,even google search?
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 17 Jun, 2006 02:13 am
raymond chan wrote:
percy200825 wrote:

So,can u show me the reason why Chinese government they censor on forums,even google search?

Please be careful!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 17 Jun, 2006 02:18 am
Wilso couldn't be more right, Mr. Chan. Do be careful. And good luck.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 17 Jun, 2006 06:41 am
raymond chan- From what I know about China, you are correct. The thing is, one is always free in his own mind. Do whatever you can to read different types of thoughts from various people. Make up your own mind.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 17 Jun, 2006 06:52 am
Re: Help us! Help China!
Raymond, I agree with you (as most of us Westerners will, here) - and I think you're brave for speaking out about it.

raymond chan wrote:

Yes, there is ... and no, there won't be a hero. You'll have to do it yourself. The Chinese people will have to want and work for its freedom itself... otherwise it won't work, anyway.

The difficulty with democracy, freedom of speech - with all freedom - is that there won't be one Hero or Leader to solve everything anymore. It'll be all up to you, what happens with your life, you'll suddenly have more responsibility.

Sometimes that's tough, and scary. Look at Eastern Europe or the former Soviet Union after the collapse of communism. After facing all the new opportunities, but also all the new dangers - no government guarantee of a job, so much choices, in politics, work, shops, everything suddenly changes - in some countries, people were intimidated and voted a 'strong leader' (back) in. Meciar, Milosevic, Iliescu, Lukashenko, Putin.

But that's the problem with a strong leader, with a Hero who promises to solve all your problems and do it all for you - he will take away your freedom again. Look at Putin in Russia.

There is a long way to go ... and we're wishing you lots of strength, courage, and be careful.
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Sat 17 Jun, 2006 08:56 am
Excellent post, Nimh.
0 Replies

raymond chan

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2006 04:43 am
Take it easy,i will be fine!
dont worry abt me!
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2006 04:57 am
Keep reading and learning ramond.
0 Replies

quiet sunshine

Reply Sat 1 Jul, 2006 02:10 am
Your opinion is not new...
Obviously the Chinese government can't fool you, I'd say controlling people's minds isn't an easy task, and I'm sure there're many people like you in China. But...asking for help here is kind of funny, sorry, that's just my feeling.
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Sat 1 Jul, 2006 08:49 am
Sunshine,

Its unclear who your post is directed to. There are a few posters here who apparently live in mainland China. I think most of them are young, urban students. Like students everywhere they are excited by idealism, and would like to revolutionize the world they live in ... to make it better. That is a laudible goal, though experience has shown us revolution is seldom the first step to a Utopian world. Each generation tries, and unfortunately perhaps no generation has yet made the world perfect. I believe these students are looking for us in the West and here at A2K to validate in some measure their own longing for change.

The iron control exercised not only by the current Chinese government, but most Chinese governments in its long history, is unpleasant especially for the impatient young. Without doubt there isn't much freedom of thought and expression permitted in todays China. To resist the government even in small things risks serious punishment. To those who just now for the first time can communicate with people living in an idealized West, this must be an exhilerating experience.

We hope to see many more Chinese here, and that China will continue to progress in meeting the very great challenges that lie ahead. Society can chain up our bodies, but they are unable to change a person's heart without their consent. Ask questions, but quietly. Make suggestions for improving the world within your personal and peer group's reach. Discuss the problems ahead for you as individuals, as a traditional society, and as a member of the world community. Be patient, but like water find tiny holes and enlarge them slowly.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 1 Jul, 2006 09:20 pm
The iron grip you refer to is very perplexing. I've met lot's of Chinese people who have emigrated to Australia. They didn't "escape". They didn't have to flee out of fear. In fact, for the most part it was far more difficult for them to get in to Australia, than it was for them to get out of China. They study overseas, they holiday overseas. What's the point of the iron grip? I expect that it's nothing more than the desire to hold onto power.
0 Replies