CalamityJane

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 09:28 pm
Except my avatar will read:
small cj works for less than big CJ
Laughing
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 09:30 pm
I've got to hit the sheets, so nighty night all, and you too CJ ;-)

Hope you're enjoying your time off :-)
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 09:34 pm
Good night Montana, sleep well Smile

I enjoy myself off and on Laughing

And this would be the avatar http://k.domaindlx.com/geli/cj.jpg
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 05:11 am
Haha! I had fun too.

Now it's off to the hospital for not so fun tests <sigh>
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 07:07 am
Tests?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 08:04 am
Yeah, I've been feeling sick to my stomache for almost 2 months now and my doc sent me for some tests to check stuff out. We both agree that it sounds like an ulcer.
I went for blood work last week and today I had to drink this thick chalky liquid stuff with these pellet things (Yuk), so they could x-ray my stomache.

Now I wait for a call from doc with the results.

I'm one of those people who hate going to the doc and having tests, so I'll be glad when this is over with.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 09:05 am
Oh! I am sorry to hear that Montana. Any results yet?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 09:18 am
Thanks Jane. No results yet, but hopefully this was my last test and I hope I hear from doc soon with results.
The blood test last week was a full blood work, so I'm thinking that may take a bit if time.
Today was just an x-ray on my stomache, so I know I won't be waiting for those.

I'll let you guys know as soon as I hear anything.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 09:37 am
Montana wrote:
I went for blood work last week and today I had to drink this thick chalky liquid stuff with these pellet things (Yuk), so they could x-ray my stomache.

Now I wait for a call from doc with the results.

I've had that done, and can say that without a doubt, it's one of the more vile tests that one can take.

I've had it in two forms. One, where they just check your stomach, and two, with what is called "a small bowel follow though" where your whole gastro-intestinal system is checked. It's quite time consuming.

Have you had any "stomach scopes" done yet? You know, where a camera is put in your stomach to have a look-see? Have had plenty of those, too.

It sounds like to me you may have a problem with excess stomach acid.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 10:04 am
To be totally honest with you Reyn, I honestly didn't think the test was that bad, but I don't think I would have felt the same with the bowel one.

I've heard all about the camera scope thing and I hope they can figure this out without resorting to that.
Feeling sick to my stomache is bad enough and I can't imagine them putting a camera down my throat. Just the thought of it makes me gag.

I'm thinking you may be right on the excess stomache acid and they can give me something to fix it.

I heard somewhere that acid refux is hard to get rid of and I really should be researching this stuff.

Did you have the symptoms I do before you went for your tests? If so, do you mind my asking what the results were?

Thanks Reyn :-)
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 11:28 am
Montana wrote:
...I've heard all about the camera scope thing and I hope they can figure this out without resorting to that.

It's possible. It depends on the problem. My situation was probably a bit more severe than yours, and, thus had to use the camera to get a close-up view.

Quote:
Feeling sick to my stomache is bad enough and I can't imagine them putting a camera down my throat. Just the thought of it makes me gag.

Actually, it's not so bad. When it's done "right", you get an intravenous and a tranquilizer is put in which knocks you out for about 20 minutes, or so. You haven't a clue as to what's going on. That's definitely the way to go. I had it done once without, and it totally freaked me out. Would never do that way again!

Quote:
I'm thinking you may be right on the excess stomache acid and they can give me something to fix it.

I heard somewhere that acid refux is hard to get rid of and I really should be researching this stuff.

Yes, you would get a prescription (READ THIS). I've been on one called Losec for years. For me, it's going to be a life-long thing. That doesn't mean that your situation will be anything like that. You may only be on medication for a few weeks.

Quote:
Did you have the symptoms I do before you went for your tests? If so, do you mind my asking what the results were?

My situation was quite severe. Without knowing it (as it must have been slow) I had been losing blood through my stools. The acid had been working on the walls of the stomach and was really bad. I was not feeling well (dizzy) and ended up going into hospital and getting 6 units of blood.

The medication heals up any ulcered areas and prevents re-occurence. In my situation, the acid is just too excessive.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 11:42 am
Oh Reyn, I'm so sorry to hear that. Yeah, your situation is much worse than mine, I think.

well, I've given it some thought and even if I did have to take meds for life, there are certainly much worse things than that.

Either way, I can't wait to get the results, so I at least know what it is.
It's kind of stressful when you know something is wrong with you and you have to wait months to find out what it is.

Thanks again Reyn :-)
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 11:50 am
Yes, for sure! And, by the way, I've had no problems with the prescription (side effects). Fortunately, I do have a drug coverage plan which pays for it. My particular prescription is quite expensive (the others are not). It costs about $2.50 per pill and is the cadilac of these type of drugs.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 04:37 pm
The price of prescriptions is also a concern because I'm not covered on those either.

Thank god they're deductable on my taxes.

I'll stop hijacking CJ's thread now and head over to the other thread.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 07:59 pm
CJ wrote:
And this would be the avatar http://k.domaindlx.com/geli/cj.jpg

avatar-size Arrow http://img477.imageshack.us/img477/9012/cj3ml.jpg ... Mr. Green
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 08:03 pm
Heehee!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 07:09 am
AHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » I'm Leaving
  3. » Page 4
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/13/2024 at 10:28:43