what exactly have you done

nimh

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 07:42 am
Just the funnies...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 07:46 am
Arrrr........I thought for a second there you couldn't multi task.

I was kind of crest fallen.
0 Replies

Olen

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 08:47 am
This is an itemized account of exactly what I did on one recent Sunday cross country ski trip in the mountains of Idaho.

1- My partner and I loaded our skis and backpacks into my airplane.

2- We took off and climbed to 10,000 feet.

3- I set a heading for a high mountain airstrip from which we were going to ski.

4- We landed at the 7,000 foot altitude airstrip, and parked the plane next to a pickup truck.

5- I noticed that there were tracks that indicated the unloading and departure of two snow mobiles from the truck.

6- We unloaded our skis and donned our backpacks.

7- After looking at the trails, decided to ski the one where the snow mobile tracks lead.

8- Along the first couple of miles of trail, we noticed that on the curves, the snow mobiles had climed upon the raised sides which indicated they were going at a high speed.

9- It was time for a coffee break, so we stopped alongside the trail and got out the thermos.

10- A man on a smow mobile that was headed in the opposite direction, stopped to visit.

11- I asked him if he had seen the two snow mobiles that were ahead of us.

12- He said he met them, and it looked like they were racing.

13- About two miles further down the trail we saw signs of disturbed snow alongside the trail.

14- We stopped and looked over the edge of the steep slope and saw the two snow mobiles laying on their sides.

15- The slope was too steep for skis, so we removed them and put on our snow shoes, which we always carry.

16- Arriving at the location of the overturned snow mobiles, we looked for the riders.

17- I found one groaning with a broken leg, and my partner found one that was unconscious and had at least a broken arm.

18- We removed our firstaid kits from our backpacks.

19- My partner found some sticks for splints to use on the arm and leg.

20- I cleaned and bandaged some cuts and scratches on both men.

21- The conscious one said they were visiting from Utah and knew nobody around here for us to contact.

22- We found that the snow mobiles were in running condition.

23- The one man had regained consciousness, so we loaded them onto the snow mobiles and found our way back up to the trail.

24- We collected our skis and proceeded back up the trail to where the plane was parked.

25- The men gave us a phone number of some family in Utah.

26- I called the Flight Service on the plane radio, and told them what had happened, and to call the number I was given.

27- I called the control tower of the nearest airport and told them to have an ambulance waiting when we landed.

28- We loaded the snow mobles in the pickup truck, and got the plane ready to go.

29- My partner drove the truck with the snow mobiles down to the airport I had called.

30- I flew the two men down, and they were take away in the ambulance.

31- I called their family in Utah and gave them all of the information and told them which hospital they were in, and where the truck was parked.

32- We heard from them a couple of weeks later and everything turned our just fine. Their families came to Idaho and picked them and their truck up, and they are home and recovering.

That is an account of how about five hours were spent on that Sunday. We returned to the ski trail the next Saturday, and spent two days having fun.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 09:48 am
Once I held a lamb, adopted a fake accent, had a meaningful conversation with a beggar, killed a human being, said "I love you" and meant it, all in the same day!

Or did I say I love you to a lamb and kill a beggar?

Whatever it was, those were some crazy drugs!

LOL!
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 10:17 am
as long as you did kill a lamb or have a meaningful conversation with a fake accent.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 11:45 am
This thread reminds me of another one, by the way, an oldie - that was really interesting - this: Three Truths and a Lie.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 09:33:05