Ha! For a minute there I was the only one here!

dadpad

Reply Mon 27 Mar, 2006 06:41 am
Tryagain wrote:
You guys are so lucky, your work is done for a Monday and for me it's only just begun. Any idea why Australia was so successful at the games, say in comparison to Canada?

Crocodiles..............and rabbits.
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Mon 27 Mar, 2006 07:04 am
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 01:14 am
Canada does not have crocs, Australia does have crocs ergo and ipso facto this must be the reason Australia got more medals.

crocs teach you to swim very fast!

Rabbits teach you to run very fast or to throw objects with a high degree of accuracy or else you go hungery.

No crocs in England and we beat them too.
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 10:24 am
Thanks DP for the discourse on the origin of the species. Whilst I acknowledge In the United States crocodiles are only found around the southern tip of Florida, whilst alligators are found in the South-eastern States. South Florida is the only known place in the world where crocodiles and alligators cohabitate the same area. Your Crocs wouldn't stand a chance against a Southern Gator.

A man and his alligator walk into a bar and the man asks, "Does this bar serve lawyers?"

"Of course we do," replied the bartender.

"Great," said the man, "I'd like a beer... and give me a lawyer for my gator."

QED.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 01:13 am
Our crocs could whup your gators with only half a jaw.

Hell, I could whup 'em......of course, I DO have tactical nukes...
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 05:29 am
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 05:34 am
where?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 08:22 am
Well I'll be damned.....I did not know there were crocs in Florida, or the Americas even, I thought Aligators were here and Crocs in Africa & OZ.

To find out what's in your region, click URL=http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/crocs/whos/who-nf.html]HERE[/URL]
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 09:35 am
out here we got Javelinas that eat crocs and gators for brunch.
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 09:41 am
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
where?

What?

Thanks Steve, your contribution to a lively and educational debate, is as always, warmly welcomed.

Chai wrote, "Well I'll be damned....." we know that, it is the next bit I want, "...there were crocs in Florida" Thank you - A2K ~ your first stop for information.
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 09:46 am
dyslexia wrote:

Likely story! One day I threw a javelin right outta the park. Now, iffin you wanna talk about killer Possums!!!
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 12:15 am
http://www.experiencescompany.com/Desert_files/Three%20Javelinas.jpg

dyslexia wrote:
Quote:

Yeah riiiiiiiiight
0 Replies

margo

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 12:33 am
Tryagain wrote:

Likely story! One day I threw a javelin right outta the park. Now, iffin you wanna talk about killer Possums!!!

Someone mention killer Possums!???

Australians did so well because we're a remarkable fit and athletic bunch of people, cool and smart too!

(well - I'm not - but someone must be.....)
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 04:26 am
Javelinas are REAL?????

Looking up.....

Oh, now collared peccaries I can believe in...
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 04:33 am
javlinas are no match for a razor back though fluffy.

Plus there is vombattus vombattus

The creature that injures the most people each year is the common wombat. It is nearly as ridiculous as its name, and spends its life digging holes in the ground, in which it hides. During the night it comes out to eat shoots, roots and leaves.

The wombat injures people in two ways: first, the animal is indestructible. Digging holes in the hard Australian clay builds muscles that outclass Olympic weightlifters. At night, they often wander the roads. Semi-trailers (road trains) have hit them at high speed, with all nine wheels on one side, and this merely makes them very annoyed. They express this by snorting, glaring, and walking away. Alas, to smaller cars, the wombat becomes an asymmetrical high-speed launching pad, with results that can be imagined, but not adequately described.

The second way the wombat injures people relates to its burrowing behaviour. If a person happens to put their hand down a wombat hole, the wombat will feel the disturbance and think 'Ho! My hole is collapsing!' at which it will brace its muscled legs and push up against the roof of its burrow with incredible force, to prevent its collapse. Any unfortunate hand will be crushed, and attempts to withdraw will cause the wombat to simply bear down harder. The unfortunate will then bleed to death through their crushed hand as the wombat prevents him from seeking assistance. This is considered the third most embarrassing known way to die, and Australians don't talk about it much.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 05:01 am
I appreciate, and I know I speak for a lot of others, your efforts at reporting on the natural history of Australia there DP. Your attention to scholarly facts and detail about the fierce vombat is like listening to a scientific paper about the glimpses into the lives of the animals of your country.
As for dys, we know that he lies and makes **** up just to embelish a story.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 07:26 am
Javelinas?
What exactly are they? Never heard of them before this thread.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 09:19 am
javelinas are small pig-like animals that live in the US / Mexicn deserts. They are particularly fond of chili peppers and this makes them a problem with the vast chili pepper plantations of the southwest. They raid the chilis by night leaving only the stems and seeds. Afterward they can be found just lounging about in motels and dark buildings of many small US ghost towns. They are ferocious but not like the dreaded vombat. The javelinas,have this nasty habit of running up and spitting a loogy at people, which is more annoying than it is life-threatening. Outside of that, they enjoy country music and long walks in the desert. Javelinas live in small extended family groups called ciudads. If I could be any kind of animal, a javelina would be the last one Id wish to be.
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 09:20 am
Dadpad wrote, "…wombat injuries… This is considered the third most embarrassing known way to die…"

I am therefore astonished that one so astute as Farmerman should have been so overawed as to write;

"I appreciate, and I know I speak for a lot of others, your efforts at reporting on the natural history of Australia there DP. Your attention to scholarly facts and detail about the fierce vombat is like listening to a scientific paper…"

Come on, let's get real here. It is a well known fact that the three most embarrassing ways are:

Severing your penis trying to open a can of tuna fish.

Chaffing yourself to death with one-ply toilet paper.

From Athelete's Foot.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 09:25 am
..again
Quote:
Severing your penis trying to open a can of tuna fish.
. How might this happen? are many mens penii equipped with multitools? I dont see how this confers any advantage .
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/11/2024 at 06:31:28