Why can't you be what you want to be?

Treya

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 01:46 am
Miss Slipknot wrote:
Jesus ok man, get off of me. Ya'll act like you're exactly where you wanna be, A2K must be so fullfilling. Thanks for the advice and for judgement passed. Kiss my ass

Miss slipknot. Try not to take this so personal. I don't imagine anyone is trying to intentionally hurt your feelings here. The fact is that sometimes when you (meaning anyone really) look at things from such an apparent negative perspective you are putting yourself on a hamster wheel to just run around and around and around and never really go anywhere because all you (meaning anyone really) can see is where you are. It's a pretty hopeless feeling place to be in and believe me, I can relate. It wasn't until I was willing to look at myself for who I am, take responsibility for what I was doing as well as what I wasn't doing, that things began to change. Life doesn't owe you anything. But you owe it to yourself to be the best you that you can be. Where you are, and what you are feeling right now is not the best you there can be.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 01:55 am
Hephzibah is 100% right!
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 01:59 am
Eh. My post was carefully thought out. Surprised I was born a dreamer and know where you are coming from.
Your imagination is a good thing; you can get it working for you with a little patience and work.

Perhaps you haven't found your passion yet (?)
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 02:07 am
Heres another one for you MissSlipnot.

"You are what you do."

Thats some existential sh!t.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 02:25 am
Miss uptightknot, my first ambition, as a young adult, was to get myself a car.
I had a particular model in mind, and therefore knew how much money I would need to save.
My teenage friends had much the same type of ambition, and most of us worked at anything we could find in order to get what we wanted.
I ended up, about three months later, with a different make of car that was covered in rust and a small hole in the roof that had to be plugged with chewing gum in order to stop the rain coming in.
I kept it for about a year and spent an awful lot of time and money repairing the thing. It was totally unreliable, an uncomfortable ride and, however much I scrubbed the interior, always had a faint whiff of wet dog.

That, looking back, was one of the most enjoyable times of my life. That car was mine, bought and paid by me. My first little stab at independence.
The ambitions kept coming, and got slightly more difficult each time....a newer car, a place of my own, saving up to get married, buying my first home...etc etc. Each one was achieved, after a lot of hard work and doing without things.

So, what I said earlier on is right, I think. If you get a hissy fit and think that the world is totally unfair, just because you can't be the prettiest/richest/most famous princess overnight, then you can take comfort in the knowledge that there are millions of other people suffering from the same delusional behaviour. I bet in my street alone, there are at least four potential princesses that are, at this moment, raging against the injustice that they haven't been discovered yet.

With my (and most of my generations) more realistic ambitions in life, I would bet a pound to a penny that, when I was your age, I was a lot more satisfied with my life, than you are with yours at the moment.

...and just because people are being straight with you on this thread, daring to burst your little bubble, you now respond in the style of a pop idol auditioner, stamp your little foot and say that we're all being nasty or judgemental.

My advice? Get a few years of real life under your belt, stop letting your dreams seep into reality in the form of totally unrealistic expectation, and concentrate on enjoying your achievements.

Signed
Mr Nasty grumpy old man who doesn't really realise that he is conversing with the next Britney Spears.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 06:10 am
Time for Life Lesson #2:

The sad fact is that nobody gets much of what they want from life. At least, nobody gets it handed to them. So you either learn how to find, fight for and get it or you learn to deal. Either way, temperamental snits, whining and bemoaning your fate accomplish nothing.

Except to give me something to poke fun at.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 06:21 am
Miss Slipknot wrote:
Jesus ok man, get off of me. Ya'll act like you're exactly where you wanna be, A2K must be so fullfilling. Thanks for the advice and for judgement passed. Kiss my ass

Miss Slipknot- The people here at A2K are attempting to help you, and look at your response. I am wondering whether your reaction is your characteristic method of dealing with your life's issues. These guys don't even know you, and are attempting to be of some assistance...........and you throw cold water back in their faces.

No wonder you are unhappy, and feel stymied. IMO, I think that you need to look within yourself, and try to determine whether your negativity is causing you the problems that you describe.

"A man is about as happy as he makes up his mind to be".- Abraham Lincoln
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 06:39 am
Im in a dead end job with a low income.I have no desire or brain capacity to learn/do any job thats available like IT or admin for the next 35 years.It would bore me to absolute tears.

Yes I worry about it alot.I think I will be living with my parents the rest of my life and not really having to pay my way in this world.Sounds great in a way but I feel bad, and i know one day it has to stop.

I have recently put plans into action to start making things as a hobby, possibly to sell.
As I dont have mortgages or kids to shell out for this seems the ideal time to do it.
Im trying not to worry about the money(very minimal in comparison to other hobbies)I just thought i should go for it.If I dont its only me thats stopping me, no one else.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 07:46 am
Miss Slipknot wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:
Your first problem is that you have already defeated yourself by stating that you can't get to where you want to be. You already think that somehow, you don't deserve to have what you want. The truth is that yes, sometimes we CAN'T have everything we want, say like becoming president of the US (the odds of acutally becoming prez are pretty low since there is only one position open every 4 years). But do you think that any of our former presidents thought for one second that they couldn't be president?

The point is, if you want it you have to go for it and realize that you deserve it. Quit the self pity act, get out there and make your dreams reality!

If you want to be a magician, what's stopping you?

Thank you, i've been put in my place, massa.

Excuse me?

I am done with this thread being that you are a snotty brat who just wants attention. You are nothing but one of those people who want others to validate their lives.

Good luck in your ambition to be nothing in life. I hope you're happy.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 09:28 am
I agree with slipknot.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 12:20 pm
material girl, Your conclusion about life is not true. You can still do what you dream if you pursue it with everything you've got. If you give up hope, you're a goner for good.

I barely graduated from high school. It took me awhile, but I got a college education, and worked in management for some 90 percent of my working career.

I had no dreams as a youngster, because I always felt incapable of being in the "top of my class" in any subject. I dragged the bottom rung most of the time.

To make a long story short, I retired after 32 years of employment after completing college. We are not rich, but I can travel any place on this planet I wish - as often as I wish. That is wealth way beyond my wildest dreams. I have friends all around the world.

If I can do it, anybody can.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 02:30 pm
Old song: "If I can't be near the one I love, I love the one I'm near"
0 Replies

atypical10

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 05:55 pm
Some people can't be what they want to be because they are afraid of success and they settle for less.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 05:56 pm
Maybe she left when she realized we weren't going to help her become the next Britney clone.....
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 06:15 pm
Slipknot,

I'm sorry you're feeling kind of down and blue about your life. But sometimes, you've just got to go for it!

I'm already moving forward with my ventriloquist plans. I'm planning on buying a dummy off of Ebay. I've already checked into it!

Slipknot, I'm going to share my dream with you! I'm going to let you help me make a decision here....which dummy should I get?

I can go for the more traditional kind....

http://i24.ebayimg.com/02/i/06/96/88/30_1.JPG

or I could get this little guy.....

http://i7.ebayimg.com/02/i/06/a0/b2/01_12.JPG

So which one should it be? I'm counting on you, Slipknot!!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 06:27 pm
I like the second one better; he has more character and a surprised look on his face which can be the impetus for many a joke.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 06:29 pm
Who you expecting? Einstein?
My teacher said I should go to a girls school with such beautiful lips.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 06:29 pm
Once in awhile, a girl will buy me a drink.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 06:33 pm
Hey, that's great, CI! I'm writing down those lines!

Yep, I kind of like the second one better too! He's different, and I like the sort of clueless look he has!
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 07:12 pm
Yes, I like the second one too.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/30/2024 at 05:43:25