Memories...

Treya

Reply Sat 18 Mar, 2006 06:10 am
So, I got to thinking last night. Yeah... I know that can be dangerous! Sometimes life gets tough, or we just feel a little gloomy for no apparent reason. I tried out a thread in the humor forum last night. LOL That didn't work out so well for me... Hehehe... but it got me thinking and inspired me to start this thread. Something I meant as joke actually ended up bringing back some pretty good memories for me, and as I way laying there trying to go to sleep the memories kept coming. I realized that sometimes it's good to take a look back and remember the good things.

Sometimes that can be just what we need to brighten our day, or even inspire us as to why we are doing whatever it is we are doing now a days. So I thought I would start out a thread where people can come and maybe relive a few of those funnier moments they've had. I'll start. I responded to one of Gus' threads awhile ago about a day dream I have during our staff meetings at work where I'm riding bareback on a horse through an open field. I must confess that was more than just a day dream. I've actually done that before which is how I can imagine it so vividly. The thing is... it didn't quite end up like my day dream. That's what day dreams are for... happy endings!

When I was about 16 I lived next door to a neighbor who had this little arab pony. Her name was Nutmeg and she was cute as a button. Big brown eyes, a little white star on on her forehead. She was beautiful actually. And BOY did she LOVE to run! Head held high... tail streaming behind her... We were a good match, the two of us. I loved to run too. I would always hop on her bareback, with just a bridle, and take off galloping through the fields out back. I always dreamed if I could just run fast enough I would somehow loose all those things at home that bothered me so much. It never quite worked out that way, but it was at the least a nice break.

During the summer the grass got really high so my neighbor would mow us a path through the fields so we could run without worrying about falling in a hole or something. One day I was having an exceptionally bad day, so I went next door, hopped on her back, and had a heck of a time keeping her calm until we could get to the place where we could run. The air was charged with the electricity of the excitement we shared when we ran. We finally got to the path and took off full tilt. It was just like in my day dream. We were flying. I swear this pony could fly.

The trees and grass were going by so fast they were only a green blur. The sound of her hooves was the only sound I could hear and it was like the steady pounding was coming into sync with the rhythm of my own heart. The wind was blowing my hair swiftly behind me, and we were it. The only two that existed in my world... for about two minutes that is...
Then one of the dogs came casually walking out of the tall grass. LOL She jumped, I flew up in the air, and Nutmeg, being the wicked smart pony that she was, realized this was her opportunity to buck me...

So as my hinney was coming back down, she met me with her hinney launching me like a rocket up and over her head. I did a summersault on the way down and hit the ground with the reins still in my hand and a loud thud. I still haven't quite figured out how this happened but I was in one of the oddest positions when everything stopped. I was actually pinned down by her because I was laying on my right side and she was standing on my sweatpants looking down at me with those big brown eyes like, "Hey... Whatchoo doing down there?" I had a heck of a time getting her to move so I could get up. She didn't want to step on me, but I couldn't move because she had my left leg pinned down. Finally I got her to move, hopped back on her back, and we took off again...

Man... those were the days... I wouldn't dare try a stunt like that now a days. But I can dream... Very Happy
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 786 • Replies: 16
No top replies

Tryagain

Reply Tue 21 Mar, 2006 12:24 pm
Dreams are good, as was your story; happy times.

I still remember my first flight…

Bill, Jim and I were at a convention together and were sharing a large suite on the top of a 75- story skyscraper. After a long day of meetings, we were shocked to hear that the elevators in the hotel were broken and we would have to climb 75 flights of stairs to get to our suite. Bill said to Jim and I, "Let's break the monotony of this unpleasant task concentrating on something interesting. I'll tell jokes for 25 flights, Jim can sing songs for the next 25 flights and Try, you can tell us sad stories for the rest of the way.

At the 26th floor, Bill stopped telling jokes and Jim began to sing. At the 51st floor Jim stopped singing and I began to tell sad stories. "I will tell my saddest story first," I said. "I have left the room key in the c…a………r………!"
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Tue 21 Mar, 2006 12:49 pm
LOL oh boy...
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Tue 21 Mar, 2006 01:40 pm
0 Replies

shari6905

Reply Tue 21 Mar, 2006 06:01 pm
I will tell you a somewhat gross and embarrassing story of mine.
I cant really remember how old I was but I would have had to have been around seven. I was in the front yard playing He-man with the brothers next door. I always loved being Princess Tila. She was so pretty and adventurous...for a cartoon. Anyway in the scene we were "acting" out, Princess Tila faints for some silly girlish reason. So, being the great actress I was at seven, I fling my hand up to my brow, ever so dramatically and fall backwards into a fresh pile of dog crap. Not on my butt, or my back but in my hair.......splattered in my hair. Needless to say, the babysitter was not at all pleased to see me or smell me when I walked into the house.

I always laugh when I think about that. Its funny the things that people remember.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 09:22 am
LOL that was funny shari! You poor thing! Eeeew!

Tryagain, well... hmmm... No apology need. As far as the B.O.B. thread well.. it's a matter of human interest really. What about B.O.B. touched on a subject that was of much more interest to people than this one did apparently. I actually forgot I had created this thread until you responded. No, it wasn't an attempt to spice things up. I had a sincere question that I was feeling extremly shy about asking, so I decided to take the humor route. It was fun and made me laugh harder than I have laughed in quite awhile. It would be cool if people wanted to share funny memories here. But some things just don't interest people and that's ok. I would say of all the threads I've created the success rate really hasn't been that high. Probably 30% success verses 70% flop... LOL and that my friend, is life in a forum. You just shrug and go on and try again... Hehehe...
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 12:17 pm
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 12:42 pm
BWAAAAAA HAHAHA! That was a good one!
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 01:19 pm
Yes, that's what they all say! Laughing

Before I go, perhaps you would be so good as to settle an argument.
To wit; what is the name of your little doggie, the one that used to be in the photograph?
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 01:24 pm
Charlie. Very Happy

Who's arguing about it? Razz
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 01:46 pm
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 02:50 pm
Shocked One of the guys at the club... Oh boy... Ummm... wait a minute... how exactly did they have my pic... HEY! What "club" are we talking about here? Grrrr Mad

So... would I know this other person? If not... You've got a lot of question's to answer Mister! LOL
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 03:41 pm
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 03:47 pm
BART? Oh you've got to be kidding me... It took me three days to come up with a name. Nothing seemed to fit... Had I talked to you sooner I would have called him Rex actually. I like that name. Would still like to know where "this person" got my pic, eh?
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 04:15 pm
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 05:34 pm
Hmmmm racking my brain to try and remember where I posted a link at this site and what exactly it was to...
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 09:55 am
Thank you for the information Tryagain. Very Happy I'm still pretty green at this whole picture thing! I finally remembered where the link I posted was. Whew... Hehehe...
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Memories...
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/06/2024 at 11:13:44