Do you want to play now?
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 07:36 pm
what gus said
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 07:37 pm
For real? You guys never played chuckle belly?
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 07:41 pm
wel i googled it, and i've never played it in my life, have heard of it after reading the description, but that's all
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 07:41 pm
Is that anything like huckle-buckle-bean-stalk??
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 07:42 pm
is this the circle of people on the floor thing?

cuz that's a bit weird sometimes
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 07:42 pm
Chuckle Belly is fun!

Wink is almost as good. Maybe better if one of the players looks like the illustrations you see of Jesus.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 07:44 pm
"Huckle buckle bean stalk"!?

Never heard of that one.

Yes, it is the circle of people on the floor but I can't imagine it getting weird. Maybe I only played it with people I really liked. I can see how it might get weird otherwise.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 07:46 pm
i prefer naked twister
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 07:47 pm
boomer, imagine chuckle belly being used as the 'ice-breaker' in a book club composed mainly of women you either barely know or are pretty sure you don't want to know

weird
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 07:47 pm
boomerang wrote:
"Huckle buckle bean stalk"!?

Never heard of that one.

You've lead a sheltered life my dear! Wink
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 07:50 pm
ehBeth wrote:
boomer, imagine chuckle belly being used as the 'ice-breaker' in a book club composed mainly of women you either barely know or are pretty sure you don't want to know

weird

ummm, well that's one word for it
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 07:51 pm
Seriously dj, naked twister has nothing on Chuckle Belly.

Okay, eBeth, I agree. That would be awful. Chuckle Belly is not an ice breaker kind of game.

So.... how do you play, fishin'? Is it a game that can be discussed in a family forum!?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 07:54 pm
wait wait wait - tell us about chuckle belly first!
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 07:55 pm
Huckle buckle bean stalk

just googled that, never heard of it before
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 07:56 pm
Chuckle Belly, Giggle Guts: This one has many names and has been around a long time. You might have even played it when you were a kid.

Clear a large area of space on the floor. Enough to accommodate all the people who will be playing. Have one person lay down on the floor. Have the second person lay down placing their head on the first person's stomach. Person number three lays down placing their head on number two's stomach etc. Once all have gotten into place, give the order for silence and wait to see how long before the giggles begin.

Variation: Begin the same way, only instead of being quiet, each person has to take turns saying "giggle guts" or some other silly word or phrase. If you have a large group, you can remove people if they are the first to laugh and keep playing until you have a "winner"
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 07:57 pm
Huckle, Buckle, Beanstalk
Ages 5 to 8

Also known as: Hide the Key, Hunt the Thimble

Ages: 5 and up

Number of participants: Three to five

Length of time: Five minutes to forever

What players will need: A small object to hide and lots of places to hide it

Rules of the game:

In this descendant of Hide and Seek, players can only use their eyes to find a carefully hidden object. Choose one child to be the one to hide the chosen object while the others leave the room. He takes the item and places it somewhere where others can see it, but not easily. Then he invites everyone back in.

The players must stay in the middle of the room and search for the object using only their eyes. When a child finds it, he says, "Huckle, Buckle, Beanstalk" and sits down. When everyone's sitting, the round is over. The first person to spot the item gets to hide it in the next round.

Other ways to play: If not being able to move makes it too hard for the kids to find things, let them wander around the room. If they still need some extra help, the hider can tell them they are "hot" when they are close to it and "cold" when they are far away.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 07:58 pm
Chuckle Belly is best played with very good friends, as has been discussed.

One person lays on the floor and another person puts their head on the first person's belly.

A third person lays down, placing their head on the second person's belly.

And so on and so on until it goes back to the first person who puts their head on the last person's belly.

Then someone starts laughing.

Before you know it everyone is laughing.

And the harder you laugh the more your belly twitches so the harder your "partner" laughs.

And so on and so on and so on.

It only really ends when someone has to get up to fire up the bong.

<sigh>

The good ole' Chuckle Belly days.....
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Chuckle Belly
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 07/05/2024 at 11:11:27