India Rising
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,252 • Replies: 14
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 05:41 pm
The thing I hate? When you call customer service and it transfers to some non-English speaker in India! Sometimes I'd have to call 4 ot 5 times to find someone who I could actually understand!
0 Replies

vinsan

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2006 03:35 am
NickFun wrote:
The thing I hate? When you call customer service and it transfers to some non-English speaker in India! Sometimes I'd have to call 4 ot 5 times to find someone who I could actually understand!

What kind of helpdesk you call for? Must be some Cheap one. Coz Indians who work in Call Centers here are trained to speak in American Accent in all professional call centers. Its like an Indian girl speaking for, "This is Carol From South Carolina... ".

They make sure thst the caller will never know that he is been connected to India actually. Recently there have been serious call center abuse from foreigners who feel indian call centers are the biggest threat to their jobs.

So to stop this, the above idea was deviced where if you ask them if you are connected to India, they will never confirm that.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2006 03:48 am
That's very interesting, Vinsan, thanks. Good film.

I saw this reverence for education when I was over there: it's very impressive.

On another note, I see the next cricket test is to be in Mumbai. Have you got your ticket yet?
0 Replies

vinsan

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2006 04:10 am
McTag wrote:
That's very interesting, Vinsan, thanks. Good film.

I saw this reverence for education when I was over there: it's very impressive.

On another note, I see the next cricket test is to be in Mumbai. Have you got your ticket yet?

How could I get one? 8 million cricket Mumbaites fans. The stadium holds only 2000 heads. I need to stay an overnight camp at the ticket counter in the stadium for 3-4 days to get a ticket for myself.

I am rather happy with television. Anyways I have seen a one day match between Australia and India back in 2000 at the same stadium. It was awesome.
0 Replies

raymond chan

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 05:26 am
The Rise of India,American goverment said.
The Threat of China,American goverment said.

That's the difference!!
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 05:34 am
Hey Raymond, you should treat the utterances of Mr Bush with the same reverential close attention that we do over here.

Greetings from merry England!

How's things tday, Vinnie? It's snowing here at the moment.
0 Replies

vinsan

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 01:07 pm
raymond chan wrote:
The Rise of India,American goverment said.

abcnews isn't a Government news channel. So its their individual report.

Quote:
The Threat of China,American goverment said.

Why to involve China in this? I wasn't anyways comparing. China is now a near-about developed country. India is still developing. Hence the phrase RISING(!)

raymond chan wrote:
That's the difference!!

There always a difference. India and China are different countries. So that does not indicate anything new to me.

Look Rey, I like China. But I am an Indian. The only thing an Indian needs is a boost to his efforts. We are struggling. If we see our struggle gets recognized, then we will do it even rigorously. So the entire motive behind that post was'nt like "INDIA IS BEST" or even comparative kind ....but a view to the appreciation from the others to the Efforts of India and its corporate people.
0 Replies

vinsan

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 01:11 pm
McTag wrote:
How's things tday, Vinnie? It's snowing here at the moment.

Ooooooowwwhhhhh !! I am suddenly feeling like freezing Confused

Oh ! Our AC got fluctuations so getting freezingly cold in between.... Razz , Outside its same humid and hot.

Today we had a Office Bash in a 5 star hotel called Renaissance. Its a Lake side Hotel. Nice view and good place to hang out. Cool

But then all good things come to an end. Sad After the Bash back to Office... Working Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 08:45 am
Was it a Holi bash?
Did you dance there?
0 Replies

vinsan

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 09:13 am
spidergal wrote:
Was it a Holi bash?
Did you dance there?

spidey Rolling Eyes get out of your Holi fever... I said it was an Office Party.
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 09:14 am
I thought it was an official Holi bash. Sakhi had one.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 02:22 pm
I got a Holi card from the Heritage, Byculla. That was very nice of them.

I see Mr Flintoff's men pulled off a nice victory in Mumbai, squaring the series. So honours are even.
Thank you, India, for hosting our team.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 03:22 am
There is concern in the EU, and in Britain itself, about the growth in the economies of India and China, and how these powerful and fast-growing economies might impact on the stability and prosperity of the EU.

I realise that the well-being of the EU is not a main concern of India, but what do the Indians (or Chinese) here have to say about that?
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 05:41 am
There was an interesting radio programme on BBC Radio 4 this morning in the "Crossing Continents" series.

It was entitled "Kolkata Rising" and it can be heard on the Web

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/crossing_continents/default.stm
0 Replies