What product do you go out of your way for?

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 05:43 pm
I have to go to the damn shopping mall because I'm out of See's coffee flavored lollipops.

I HATE shopping malls.

I know, I know, I could probably order them online but that is kind of going out of my way too. Of course, there is all the waiting involved then too. I'm sorry I can't plan my candy craving that far in advance.

I wish they were sold at 7-11.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 466 • Replies: 17
No top replies

littlek

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 05:45 pm
Nature's Gate hemp oil conditioner. I love it and, it seems, so does everyone else. Stores can't seem to keep it stocked.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 05:49 pm
(Making note.)

A lot of the stuff I used to have to go out of my way for has become pretty common -- Good Earth tea, Burt's Bees stuff. (The first couple of years I used Burt's Bees, nobody else knew what the heck it was.)
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 05:55 pm
Well that's a fine how do you do.

I'm sitting here complaining not being able to stuff my face with caffine and sugar and you two go all organic on me.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 06:03 pm
heehee!

It's not about organic or even hemp oil, for me. It's about finding a conditioner that is the perfect weight and which doesn't have an annoying cloying scent. That's all. Seriously.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 07:06 pm
I thought of another one!

I used to stock up on Zataran's crab boil every time I went to see family in Texas. I'd buy a case and ship it home to myself. Even then, I would sometimes have to call home and beg for emergency shipments.

I finally convinced my local grocery to carry it!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 07:07 pm
Merkt's horseradish cheese spread. Puts all others to shame.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 07:08 pm
Oh, not just one product - but a whole lifestyle store. Cabelas!
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 07:10 pm
cat food - the pet smart is kinda out of my way, and the supermarket doesn't have the variety.

today I bought 5 cases.....120 cans.

The new kid on the block, Roland must be at that 14 year old boy stage and is a bottemless pit.

God, he will try anything...green beans, apple, carrot, while the grand dame, who's 13 or 14, stands there aghast....funny though, he wasn't crazy about catfish leftovers from a restaurant.

go figure.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 07:12 pm
Handicapped prostitutes.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 09:03 pm
Everything is out of the way from where I live so I go to three different stores to get the things I get from each one (not usually on the same day). I go to Whole Foods to get the things I only get there, and I go to Trader Joe's to get the things I only get there, and I go to the regular supermarket to get everything else.

Edit: And I go way the hell out of the way to get to PetSmart for cat food and litter.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 09:41 pm
I"ve used the Clinique soap/toner/moisturizer combo for close to thirty years and that can only be had from a department store. And I buy fresh seafood from a nearby fish market or, if I have to go to a supermarket, Publix. Not Kroger, Not Winn-Dixie. Publix only.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 10:38 pm
You'll be safe at Publix. They deny their employees and patrons the right to have a gun in their car.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 11:10 pm
Don't know about any of that. Just know that they sell pretty good fish and seafood.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 07:16 am
My dentist.
Love my dentist.
Even when I moved a 6 hour drive away I kept coming back.
Love my dentist.

<I'm not the only one. the hygienist told me there are some people who fly in from Germany to see Ron, and a few fellas who are on a work rotation in Saudi who fly in every 6 months to have Ron check their teeth>
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 08:36 am
Almay Moisturizing makeup remover. Not all the markets carry it, and I always have to scout around.

eh Beth- Your dentist isn't a "product", but while we are on that train of thought, I could mention my oncologist. I suppose, after all these years, I would not have to make the trek to Manhattan, but I do, just to keep the connection with this doctor. I refer to him as a cross between Albert Schweitzer and Marcus Welby.

On the other hand, when I go, in the summer, Macy's is having their summer closeouts, so that is another draw. Very Happy

I also got to see a lot of A2Kers last year, and hope to repeat the experience!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 08:41 am
Yeah, I know he's not a product, but he's a service <sorta following slappy's trail there>.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 11:56 am
I only wear thongs from Victoria's Secret.

Oh, and Moisturizing makeup remover, too.

I am quite particular about salsa, since it goes on everything. Mrs. Renfros L.A.M.F. (like a mother------).
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What product do you go out of your way for?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/13/2024 at 04:17:30