Deadly Preference

Heeven

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 02:20 pm
This may seem a bit morbid, but I was reading Mongers post about sky-diving today, and it occurred to me that if I were to die I would like it to be while doing something exhilarating like sky-diving.

I wondered if each of you had a preference on how you would die ( if it HAS TO happen), which way would you prefer to go?

You cannot select "In My Sleep", that's too easy.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,967 • Replies: 37
No top replies

Sofia

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 03:10 pm
Damn.

I was going to say in my sleep.

<petulant raise of chin>

Then, I refuse to die.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 03:15 pm
Me too Sofia- I saw Heeven's post AFTER I had voted. Second choice- Maybe like the ladies in Thelma and Louise. A fall in a car from a great height, but not an accident- on purpose!
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 03:20 pm
Phoenix! You crazy woman! Is that an Extreme Activity?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 03:26 pm
Heeven- I think that it qualifies as an extreme an activity that you can get!
I always loved that image from the movie. Driving off victoriously into the vast beyond. It's so wonderously tragic!
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 03:29 pm
Hmmm.. The thing that bothers me about dying as a result of a skydiving or other extreme type event is that you have all that time while you are rushing to the ground to think about it. I'm guessing that would just make me puke and I'd rather not go out puking.

I came close in a car accident years ago but even that seemed to take forever. It was probably only 30 seconds but it seemed like a lot longer.

Nope.. I don't wanna know. Maybe someone could walk up behind me really quick and put a bullet in my head before I knew what was going on. They should make it 2 bullets.. I'm kinda thick-headed. Wink
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 03:34 pm
Have been in multiple auto crashes, falls on mountains, college sports, lots of fights, and many hospitals. I just really want it to be quick and painless as possible. The idea of having to suffer has worn thin. Not afraid to die, more to suffer. I do not know if you can imagine the exhilaration and adrenaline of being on the side of a rock face at 11,000 feet and falling, only about 10-15 feet before the slack in the rope is taken up, it's an eternity, and yer nuzt are in your throat.........
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 03:53 pm
Once I was a soldier, a professional one. And in my opinion, the most honorable death for the male is death on the battlefield, death for sake of his Fatherland. The very old motto of the Russian officers: "For God, Emperor and Fatherland!"
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 04:01 pm
Steissd
they really mean in that order?
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 04:04 pm
Yeah it's scary Husker - I can't empathise with the nuts in yer throat thing http://fool.exler.ru/sm/str.gif - but isn't it also exhilarating? Of course I'd want to die instantly on impact. I don't want to suffer or feel the pain.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 04:07 pm
To cease upon the midnight, with no pain....

Ha! Likely! Death is pretty hard, usually....
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 04:09 pm
Emphysema Bunny?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 04:13 pm
Okay, not in my sleep, but my last moments will be with my faculties still intact, my physical health still considered very good (able to go to the toilet unassisted), and able to say goodbye to family and friends. After I'm gone, I don't want a "memorial" service, but a big party to celebrate my life. c.i.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 04:18 pm
Heeven
One time I was teaching rapelling(sp) and I was doinf one of those do as I say not as I do things. Well long story short I slipped - never had a belay, and had to hold on to the rope - rope burn for 30 some feet. OUCH!!! Burned the hell out of my hand.
0 Replies

Sugar

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 04:24 pm
I should be dead by now as well. Those last few seconds before you think you're going to die feel like an hour. No thanks.

I won't want to die while doing something exhilarating. It won't be so fun, as fishin mentions, if I knew I was just racing to my death. I'd probably pass out first.

I'd rather be alive to enjoy the rush and savour the experience after something like that. I'm also afraid of suffering. I'm voting for going to sleep and not waking up. I've fainted many times - you don't even know you're gone.............
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 04:26 pm
Husker, the motto was translated by me from Russian literally. So, the order is authentic.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 04:28 pm
Hmm, this is a toughie....I voted 'other' as living is more important than dying to me, but at the same time, I don't really care too much about dying, because once I am there, I won't know whether or not I made the right choice as to how I died. I am dead, after all. I shall take it up with the higher power when I am there, and let you know...I am sure they will have DSL by then...mind you, consumption does have a romantic je ne sais quoi about it...twould be a bysshe byronic, methinks...Very Happy
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 04:52 pm
I'm WAY to chickensh!t to tempt fate like this. Way too superstitious, too, which presumably goes without saying. I'm convinced that if I say "having a safe fall on my head as I walk along, blissfully unaware", a plane carrying a shipment of safes would sprout a hole just as it was flying over my house.

So I will keep things very general -- I'd want time to say goodbyes properly and do whatever I can to make arrangements, (write letters to be opened at later dates, say) and also not suffer too much. I definitely subscribe to the idea of live so you will not regret it if this is your last day on earth -- if you love someone, tell them, and tell them often, don't wait -- but I've seen the effects of not being able to say goodbye properly, and they're not pretty.

Off to hug the sozlet.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 06:32 pm
Has anyone voted off the poll for "death by old age"?
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2003 08:30 pm
You Go Girl!!! Lov ya!
Quote:
So I will keep things very general -- I'd want time to say goodbyes properly and do whatever I can to make arrangements, (write letters to be opened at later dates, say) and also not suffer too much. I definitely subscribe to the idea of live so you will not regret it if this is your last day on earth -- if you love someone, tell them, and tell them often, don't wait -- but I've seen the effects of not being able to say goodbye properly, and they're not pretty.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Deadly Preference
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 06:52:21