Most emotionally-scarring childhood experience?

George

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 04:26 pm
I was scared spitless of the Flying Monkeys in The Wizard of Oz.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 04:46 pm
Emotionally scarring childhood experience? Hmmm, maybe the day my tongue froze to the bridge railing in Switzerland. Whatever was I thinking???? I will be forever thankful to my big sister who rescued me...
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 05:24 pm
When I was a young sweet innocent girl, my parents took me to some hokey western theme park. At this park they had a stage coach ride. Being a wimp, I thought this would be a perfect ride for me (no crazy roller coasters). Well during this ride, we got pulled over by some gangsters on horseback. They had guns and everything. They asked if we had any money. I had about 10 cents in change in a little cute purse. I cleverly hid it behind my back. I was so terrified. I couldn't even answer them. Thankfully they believed we didn't have any money and let us go.

It was only until last year that my mom told me the truth - it was part of the ride and they really were not gangsters. I could never go to that park again.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 05:25 pm
George wrote:

ooooohhhhhh, me too.
0 Replies

seaglass

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 05:34 pm
URS,

how did you get your tongue loose?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 05:40 pm
George wrote:

http://www.t-shirtking.com/graphics/112-01152.jpg

http://www.bartcop.com/burns-flying-monkeys.JPG
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 07:55 pm
My older brother once opened up a bottle of hand cream so I could drink it.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 03:31 pm
seaglass wrote:
URS,

how did you get your tongue loose?

Well, seaglass, lots of patience and lots and lots of spit! Patience mainly from my sister's side... She thought about going to our appartment and get some hot water but luckily decided not to leave me alone on the bridge...
0 Replies

George

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 03:34 pm
Chai~
Oh great, thanks for the nightmares!
~George
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 08:34 pm
Linkat wrote:
My older brother once opened up a bottle of hand cream so I could drink it.

Oh yeah! My older 2 siblings used to play bartender/waiter for me and my little sister. They'd make up a menu and then mix products (usually drink) in the kitchen and then serve us. It was fun when the drink was strawberry jam and tea, but not so good when it was vinegar,sugar and anchovies.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2006 11:51 am
Amateurs!

We played that game, too. But in the bathroom, not the kitchen. Mixed up everything in the medicine cabinet except pills. Vaseline, cold cream, dusting powder, hemorrhoid cream, you name it. Then dared our little brother to eat it. He never could turn down a dare, stupid kid.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2006 05:15 pm
When my dad was driving and I was just a young tot, I was playing with the door. On the exit ramp of the highway, the door swung open. I fell out. He kept driving (either he didn't realize I fell out or he pretended he didn't notice). Fortunately for me and unfortunately for my dad, the car behind him saw me and stopped.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2006 05:29 pm
Pretended he didn't notice.... Laughing
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2006 05:31 pm
I suspect it - but it was never proven. How else could my dad not notice I was suddenly out of the car - with the door wide flung wide open to boot. He has never admitted it even after all these years. No wonder I am scarred for life.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2006 06:30 pm
My dad would do this only when we were alone....he'd make up some reason to be angry at me and stop the car and tell me to get out and walk home. Ususally a few miles, 3 or 4. I was just as glad to get away from having to be with him.

Once the family was driving through pennsylvania (we lived in NJ)and forgot himself...."DO YOU WANT TO WALK HOME!?"

He was so pissed when I started laughing.

Oh, yeah, isn't it great when someone does something, pretending they don't notice....?

Like he'd open the drivers door to get out and get a pack of smokes, leaving the door open so you could sit there listening to the "bing bing bing"

once is a mistake, 500 times....?
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/30/2024 at 01:31:26