Wolfie Out Sick

msolga

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2006 10:16 pm
Absolutely! (That was a compliment, btw.)
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 02:10 pm
thanks everyone. :-)

im here. Im ok.
It isnt my spleen.. but then again it is.
Confusing yes..

Wednesday, I made lunch and had some tomato sauce on corn spaghetti...About 4 hours after I ate it, I remembered that the sauce was about 3 months old. It had been opened and was in the fridge the whole time.
Ian took me to the er and blood work showed that my white blood cell count was REALLY high, and there was blood in my urine.
A CT scan didnt show anything wrong with my spleen, but my blood work said other wise , and he could feel it when he rubbed on my stomach, and said that isnt usually normal. But he wasnt too worried about it.

nothing else has happened except alot of pain.

The doctor said it could have just been a reaction to the old tomato sauce wich was probally really acidic, but it was a strange reaction all the same.
It still hasnt completely gone away, but it is much more tolerable then it used to be.

thanks for the well wishes everyone..
i appreciate that. ;-)
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 02:14 pm
The green moss on top of the sauce didn't tell you something?

Really, I'm glad you're feeling better....good thing it wasn't bean who ate it.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 02:16 pm
I am so glad you are okay! Welcome back!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 03:03 pm
Shewolf--

Welcome home.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 03:13 pm
Scary! Glad you're back.

It sounds like there will be follow-ups?
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 03:43 pm
Stay healthy, shewolf!
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 03:44 pm
good to see u, shewolfie!
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 03:54 pm
Wow, what a scare! I'm glad you're doing better, shewolf.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 05:24 pm
Glad to hear from you Shewolf! Hope your spleen settles down into it's usual under-the-radar existence asap.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 01:10 am
Lovely to see you again, shewolf!

Eat fresh, stay healthy!
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 01:16 am
ohh, I hope you're feeling better! Good thought to you.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 01:18 am
Shewolf, sounds like you have an infection (white cell count)? I hope you take care of this. Doesn't sound like something to be casual about. And blood in your urine suggests, as it did for me once, a urinary (kidneys, ureters, bladder) infection?
Best wishes.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 07:17 am
the strange thing is the sauce no fuzz, no strange odor, or bad taste.
I remember looking in the jar before I used it.
Nothing.. nada.. zip.

Until about 4 hours later.

There is a follow up later this week. I dont have my date book in front of me, but I believe it is thursday.

The doctor pretty much passed it off as a strange reaction...... Im not so sure how I feel about that.. but there are no other signs, no other problems, it just hurts a bit . Nothing like before, but it is tender.

And, frankly after throwing up the sauce, I could feel a big diffrence in my belly and body.
It took about 3 days to feel good enough to really function, but the worst of it was over after vomiting for a few hours... so maybe the doc is right. Who knows. ?
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 12:06 pm
I hope he was not a chiropractor. It's the blood in the urine and high white blood count that concern me. Did he discount cystitis? Sorry to be such a hypochrondriac, but SOMEBODY has to.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 12:30 pm
Hello there, Shewolf! Good to see you up & posting again!

I propose we take up a collection to buy Shewolf a sharpie and a calendar so she can put a date on her leftovers. Here, I've got 50 cents....
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 01:06 pm
Laughing

ahhh yes eva.. I need to pay more attention.
The first thing the mister did the night I got home was throw everything out.
Every friday.. no matter what it is, it is being thrown out if it is 1) opened, 2) in a storage container.

-Did he discount cystitis- ?

No? Im not entirely sure what that is. But he took some other tests, took more blood etc..
He did find something , but nothing to account for the tenderness in my spleen.
but that is what the follow up appts are for.
And dont worry, im just as concerned.. but for right now there isnt much I can do.

I have gotten several herbs and have been drinking alot of light teas for some strength and eating a mostly veggie diet for the last few days.

I -feel- better, but it is going to take abit to get back to 100%.
I am very worried that this is something more then a simple infection, and Im going to hammer the doc when I see them , with questions and fears. With my luck in the health dept of my life lately, the last thing I need is something major to go wrong.

but........ >grr< anywho..
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 06:15 pm
I don't mean to scare you; it's probably not seriously serious, just serious. If the doctor is taking blood samples, that's good. Cystitis is common among women, an infection in the bladder. My wife has had it, and while it is painful, it's not fatal. You might want to drink (pure) cranberry juice, no matter what it is. It helps fight off bladder infections.

the Grim Creaper.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 09:39 pm
You don't have to drink your cranberry juice straight--dilute works as long as you get enough.

Dilute does not mean the commercial juice--dilute means pure cranberry with water, half and half.

Or half and half with apple juice, but be sure you drink the whole 8 oz. of cranberry.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 09:19 am
that is a good idea.
i will get some on my next grocery store trip.

i will know more when I get to a regular doctor.

The er doc was just looking for a reason for my belly pain, and wasnt going into too much detail about other things.
So i will keep my fingers crossed and drink cranberry juice.
I think, i will add some herbs to my grocery list too for my liver and kidneys just in case..

( silent prayer for peace in the health dept of my life...)
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Wolfie Out Sick
  3. » Page 3
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 06/26/2024 at 04:02:55