70 Virgins After Death???

NickFun

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 08:59 pm
I will reserve comment on WW3 starting over the cartoons. But I do have to question why the Muslim faith assures everyone of 70 virgins after they die. Is this a good thing? I was with a virgin back in 1985 - for the last time. Most virgins do not enjoy sex the first time. There's screaming, crying, guilt and pain. Then the gal falls in love with you and becomes insanely jealous! So now you've got 70 now-ex-virgins killing each other and calling you all hours of the night and day. And if that ain't enough, you may start off with 70 virgins but after a couple of months you've got 70 nagging bitches - FOR ETERNITY!

Why doesn't the Muslim faith simply tell everyone, "after you die you're going to hell"?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 5,662 • Replies: 21
No top replies

neologist

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 09:08 pm
True.

Scary avatar, by the way.

Any one who seriously thinks he can handle 70 (or is it 72?) virgins has a lot to learn about human nature of the female variety.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 09:27 pm
Maybe the just feel the afterlife has to offer something they never had in their own hell on earth.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 09:31 pm
So as a good Muslim, I strap a bomb to myself and blow up a kindergarden class of infidels. I get to eternity and there's my 72 virgins. A bunch of fat middle aged republican computer geeks with hairy backs who spend all their time on discussion forums defending george bush.

That's hell ain't it?
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 11:22 pm
Even a bunch of cute ones would be hell. It's all the worse the way you describe.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 07:34 am
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
So as a good Muslim, I strap a bomb to myself and blow up a kindergarden class of infidels. I get to eternity and there's my 72 virgins. A bunch of fat middle aged republican computer geeks with hairy backs who spend all their time on discussion forums defending george bush.

That's hell ain't it?

After getting over the part where you awarded yourself 2 extra virgins I started wondering a few things...for example as you have pointed out they could all be horrendous in appearance. Then I asked myself if the gender of these virgins has ever been mentioned...perhaps they are all male virgins. Even worse maybe they all look like a combo of Ted Kennedy and Rush Limbaugh (male or female).

(and where's the problem with defending Georgie?)
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 09:42 am
Not virgins....raisins.

Back in 2003 Newsweek published an article titled "Challenging the Qur'an" which, as I recall, was banned in some Muslim countries. If Mr. Luxenberg and the other scholars studying this are correct, imagine the surprise (not to mention disappointment) of the homicide-bombers in seeing only a handful of raisins as their reward.

Quote:
Newsweek International, July 28, 2003
CHALLENGING THE QUR'AN
By Stefan Theil, NEWSWEEK INTERNATIONAL

In a note of encouragement to his fellow hijackers, September 11 ringleader Muhammad Atta cheered their impending "marriage in Paradise" to the 72 wide-eyed virgins the Qur'an promises to the departed faithful. Palestinian newspapers have been known to describe the death of a suicide bomber as a "wedding to the black-eyed in eternal Paradise." But if a German expert on Middle Eastern languages is correct, these hopes of sexual reward in the afterlife are based on a terrible misunderstanding.Source
0 Replies

raheel

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2006 09:20 am
THERE IS NO SUCH BELIEF IN ISLAM
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2006 09:21 am
Islam doesn't believe in Raisins?
0 Replies

raheel

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2006 09:40 am
ISLAM DOESN'T TEACH THAT U GET 70 VIRGINS WHEN U DIE/ GO TO HEAVEN
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2006 09:50 am
Koran 78:31
Quote:
As for the righteous, they shall surely triumph. Theirs shall be gardens and vineyards, and high- bosomed virgins for companions: a truly overflowing cup.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2006 09:51 am
Koran 55:56-57
Quote:
In them will be bashful virgins neither man nor Jinn will have touched before.Then which of the favours of your Lord will you deny ?"
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2006 10:14 am
dyslexia wrote:
Koran 78:31
Quote:
As for the righteous, they shall surely triumph. Theirs shall be gardens and vineyards, and high- bosomed virgins for companions: a truly overflowing cup.

keep the virgins but I'll take them high bosomed babes....
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2006 10:21 am
So one one side we have 70-72 high bosomed virgins for all eternity.
And on the other, we have bacon, booze,coffee,cigarettes, and perhaps some slightly shop-worn ladies.

I know who I'm down with.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2006 10:24 am
I hear that. I'm a happy man.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2006 10:48 am
Keep them high bosomed virgins away from me! I was with a high bosomed virgin just once and that was once too many!
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2006 10:56 am
I have no problem with virgins, high bosomed or otherwise...

Some of my best friends used to be virgins.

But any man who wants 72 of them at once is flat out loony.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2006 11:18 am
I've never knowingly been intricate with a virgin, nor desired such.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 04:09 pm
Are you sure about that raheel? You mean you don't get ANY virgins?
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 10:37 am
What happened to raheel's post??? I KNOW he posted right after dys!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » 70 Virgins After Death???
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/01/2024 at 11:30:32