The Ellpus copyright issue.....I HAVE BEEN DIDDLED!

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 05:16 am
It appears that I have been diddled out of what could have been a tidy sum of money.

Some months ago, I was approached by a business consortium, asking for rights to reproduce the image of Droitwich manor, so that they could use it on all sorts of tourist memorabilia.
I refused their advances, as I thought that it would only advertise the place even more, and we already suffer with throngs of bloody colonials in the summer, leaving gum all over the promenade and fiddling with my bulbs in the wild meadow.

So, in order that I should still be able to exploit a situation of the old cash in the back pocket without the taxman finding out variety, I agreed to them using the image of my secondary residence down in Torquay (Ellpus Hall).

They umm'd and aaagh'd a bit, and came up with an offer of 5% on any tourist junk sold, and assured me that it would produce buckets loads of moolah.

Well....it would appear that sales haven't gone as well as planned. To be honest, sales have been bloody disastrous, with most of the clobber being withdrawn and overprinted with a picture of that awful Euro disney place.
OUTRAGEOUS!

However, there is a small silver lining to this cloud, as ONE piece of Ellpus memorabilia survives, making it very rare indeed. The problem is, that it has been on a certain auction website for 9 days out of ten, and has only attracted one bid of 50p (which only makes me 2.5p in royalties).

The bidder is one w36rabbit, who I can only presume to be dlowan. She is obviously aware of my recent financial restraint, and the fact that I am having to drink brandy that is less than 50 years old as part of an economy drive.
I wouldn't dream of asking you to support my cause, but would just like to point out that for every extra £100 that can be raised on the price, I can purchase a medium quality cigar.

If this piece of old tat.....hold on?

If this valuable antique ends up going for less than £1, I have warned Penbury that the staff could have their food rations cut by 50%, which means that they would then only receive TWO meals a week, instead of the overly generous four.

I await your gestures of generosity with great anticipation, and will let you know the final selling amount, and how many cigars I have managed to buy with the rake off.

Thank you, my dear and generous friends. The best friends that a man needing money could ever wish for.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7005135338&category=45114#ebayphotohosting

The valuable antique in question....

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b358/lordellpus/mvt.jpg

A close up of the incredibly rare antique.......

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b358/lordellpus/mvt2.jpg

This appeal was on behalf of the Ellpus Trust Foundation. The EPT raises money in order to restore the wine cellars at Ellpus Hall, and to re-stock them to their former glory.
The EPT is a non profit organisation. Donations should be made in cash, using old notes. Foreign currency welcome.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 327 • Replies: 0
No top replies

1. Forums
  2. » The Ellpus copyright issue.....I HAVE BEEN DIDDLED!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 05:52:36