Coretta King Arrives In Heaven

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 03:22 pm
Is greeted by her husband, and driven to their heavenly mansion by their personal man servant Lester Maddox.

Now that's heaven. :wink:
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 564 • Replies: 13
No top replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 03:25 pm
I just watched her funeral on nbc live.

>sigh<

when the historical women die, they die in groups..
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 06:10 pm
I was working inside a woman's home today. She was gone, but her radio talked on. She had it set on KSEV, a hardcore conservative station, Houston home of Rush Limbaugh. The guy talking was castigating the Democrats who showed at Coretta's funeral. He said Clinton was out of line, mentioning the other presidential figures present and then hinting his wife was a president to be.

After that, he spoke of Jimmy Carter as being totally without class for refusing to shake GW Bush's hand.

I heard it said thet Bush visibly winced when one black speaker denounced the Iraq war and said that the Republicans are taking everything, leaving nothing to the poor.

Anyway, I didn't get to see any of it.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 06:14 pm
edgar,

Thanx for telling about that. It's a sad thing, isn't it? Using a woman's funeral for one's own personal agenda? I am beginning to think that even the most common sense decencies are disappearing. At the woman's funeral? Such a shame. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 06:23 pm
I watched mere seconds on Dys and Diane's excellent tv. (I'm still not outta their hair).

I am so shallow. I was looking at Bill Clinton's hair.

When I was first listening to him, his hair was sort of youngish brownblondgrey. It seemed, as his presidential aspirations jumped, to get nifty steely all of a sudden. Now am I seeing white?

Heck, my aunt's and my uncle's hair was white before thirty, probably weird as hell for them. Still, Clinton duo hair has had an aspect of interest for me.

This diversion into my odd interests has not been intended as a knock on Clintons or others who play with hair color - possibly the opposite. But that was what I saw/heard in two minutes.

Shallow, she's so shallow...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 06:38 pm
Not Hillary, I meant myself.

On Coretta, I hardly knew her, which I hope to remedy with some google attempts on recent articles.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 06:40 pm
Bill Clinton was easily the most popular speaker there.
0 Replies

kirsten

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 06:45 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
I was working inside a woman's home today. She was gone, but her radio talked on. She had it set on KSEV, a hardcore conservative station, Houston home of Rush Limbaugh. The guy talking was castigating the Democrats who showed at Coretta's funeral. He said Clinton was out of line, mentioning the other presidential figures present and then hinting his wife was a president to be.

After that, he spoke of Jimmy Carter as being totally without class for refusing to shake GW Bush's hand.

I heard it said thet Bush visibly winced when one black speaker denounced the Iraq war and said that the Republicans are taking everything, leaving nothing to the poor.

I heard portions of this. The left should be ashamed. It was disgraceful affront to the legacy of the King family.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 06:49 pm
We all have our viewpoints on this. I believe Coretta would have approved.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 06:51 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
edgar,

Thanx for telling about that. It's a sad thing, isn't it? Using a woman's funeral for one's own personal agenda? I am beginning to think that even the most common sense decencies are disappearing. At the woman's funeral? Such a shame. Crying or Very sad
I guess Christians don't do that with Jesus?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 06:57 pm
My riff on my view of Bill's hair on the two minutes I watched aside, I'd be surprised the left has anything to be ashamed of except for understandable loss of energy.

What was the disgraceful afront?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 07:00 pm
Politics, as usual. Bush had no business being there, after the way he's dealt with these people, but he needed a good headline.
0 Replies

kirsten

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2006 07:07 pm
I'm sorry, but I just do not believe a funeral is the appropriate forum for political ranting, and to do so, shows indeed how we are losing ground as a civilized society. Good manners still matter, whether we agree with someone's views or not. No doubt Coretta would have agreed with the sentiments expressed, but as I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt, I think even she might be embarassed by the rude, ugly tone of what went on in Atlanta today.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 07:10 am
edgarblythe wrote:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8004316

there ya go.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Coretta King Arrives In Heaven
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 10:36:34