Support For Those Addicted To Debating With Fanatics

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 06:49 pm
We all know it's hard to just ignore them. They seem like such easy targets and you make the mistake of trying to reason with them. So where does it get you - a free ride on The Gerbil Wheel of Stupidity. So now when you feel that urge to spar with some fool over religion or politics come here and spill your guts. We'll support you without judging your weakness to take on the village idiots of the world. Use this thread as your higher power to which you can hand off your addiction and recover - one post at a time.

So who wants to be first?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,648 • Replies: 37
No top replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 06:53 pm
<AHEM>......My name is Ellpus, and I am fighting a strong impulse to rip off the head of the next fanatic that crosses my path.

Is there hope for me?
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 06:55 pm
Hello, my name is Diane and I am fighting a strong impulse to wring Dys's neck when he gets involved in those threads.

Help me before I act on my impulse, please.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 06:56 pm
Oh, by the way, thank you Green Witch, I already feel better.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 06:57 pm
Your in the right place brother. <puts hand on Ellpuss back and extends pack of smokes (from turkey)>
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 06:57 pm
hello my name is djjd, i really like debating with fanatics, what, sorry, wrong room you say, never mind, as you were, nothing to see here
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 06:58 pm
Diane, do you want me to set about him with a frying pan?

It may be a good way for me to vent my feelings in a positive way, as I would probably be improving his looks.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 07:03 pm
djjd62 wrote:
hello my name is djjd, i really like debating with fanatics, what, sorry, wrong room you say, never mind, as you were, nothing to see here

When you are ready djjd, we are here for you. We understand it's hard to throw those monkeys off your back.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 07:04 pm
Ellpus
Lord Ellpus wrote:
Diane, do you want me to set about him with a frying pan?
It may be a good way for me to vent my feelings in a positive way, as I would probably be improving his looks.

Take care that you don't dent his Stetson. He gets really grumpy when that happens. Denters tend to disappear in a puff of smoke.

BBB
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 07:07 pm
My name is Phoenix, and I feel like a schmuck when I attempt to react rationally with a poster who thinks with his emotions, rather than his intellect. Sometimes I wonder what has gotten into me!
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 07:10 pm
my name is Legion and I am too introverted and frightened to cross paths with a fanatic.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 07:11 pm
Help me find the strength to refrain from pointing out the obvious to those unable to recognize it when it bites them on the keister.

Thank you, Green Witch
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 07:15 pm
However, we must note that a "fanatic" is one who is very enthusiastic about an untruth. Arn't we all, at some time, about some things?
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 07:30 pm
A fanatic is somebody that won't admit when there wrong and won't change the subject.

Winston Churchill said that. Ain't it the truth?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 07:32 pm
JLNobody wrote:
However, we must note that a "fanatic" is one who is very enthusiastic about an untruth. Arn't we all, at some time, about some things?

Certainly. But most rational people eventually see the error of their ways, and correct it. The problem are the folks who will not allow reason and logic to interfere with what they so fervently believe!
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 07:36 pm
JLNobody wrote:

I believe in faeries but I don't feel the need to create 20 threads in order to debate the truth or fiction of my beliefs. It's the volume that's the problem here. Maybe we should have a limit on how many threads a fanatic can post about his or her enthusiastic untruth before we cut them off completely.

The other part of the problem is that perfectly nice, somewhat normal A2Kers get sucked into the fanatical threads like a great black hole. It just seems like a waste of Craven's server space.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 07:38 pm
Quote:
The other part of the problem is that perfectly nice, somewhat normal A2Kers get sucked into the fanatical threads like a great black hole. It just seems like a waste of Craven's server space.

Green Witch- Yeah, tell me about it! Embarrassed
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 07:42 pm
I have never seen the error of my ways, I still like Phoenix as well as Lord Ellpus.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 07:50 pm
dyslexia wrote:
I have never seen the error of my ways, I still like Phoenix as well as Lord Ellpus.

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0WADhAlEcHwioArmFEj6F!2PXON1TIwCzSBuxeUMKaAhVudAtoyh4S1eCe4ZfPxe9csSLOvEc5sWDvv3wFsBYe8AXzJhzooHdbFamkpwfb!1rn4!dzD*6OB4hb3p1UJFCSgAAAP****8/a%20smooch.gif
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 08:36 pm
Hi
my name is chai tea

I don't have any problem with not debating fanatics

I just got this PM telling me I had to make a post every day for 30 days.

would someone sign this slip of paper saying I was here?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Support For Those Addicted To Debating With Fanatics
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 01:44:29