What is the "Scoop" on Wearing Fur Now?

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2003 09:13 am
I moved to Florida in 1994. In those years, everyone had a fur coat or jacket, usually mink. Whereas in earlier years, only older women wore mink, in the early 90's all the 20 somethings had them.

About the time that I moved South, there was a big brouhaha going on about it being cruel for people to wear fur. People went around spray painting women in fur.

I have not, and will not go up north in the winter anymore, so I don't know what is happening in the big cities now. Are people wearing fur again, or is it still considered verboten?

I am asking this for a reason. I have a great sporty fingertip mink jacket that I have been saving for my granddaughter. If I offered it to her would she love it or throw it back in my face?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 651 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2003 02:43 pm
Why not sound her out on PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals)?

Has your granddaughter ever dabbled in vegetarinism?

As for people wearing fur, a lot depends on the circles in which she travels--and how far she is willing to conform to those circles.

Generation gaps are much more complicated than they used to be.

Good luck.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2003 03:41 pm
I noticed in a recent issue of People magazine, that Liz Taylor was wearing a black mink stole at some benefit to raise money.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2003 04:50 pm
Well, that's Liz.

Fur is fur is fur and goes in and out of fashion but I don't think it will ever be permanently out. I have a persian lamb coat from one grandma and a mink coat from another, and I love them because of who gave them to me, though I almost never wear them.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What is the "Scoop" on Wearing Fur Now?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 01:17:52