2
   

Going to India and Thailand - need some advice....

 
 
OCCOM BILL
 
  1  
Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2006 02:30 am
Wow Ceili; that was awesome! Thank you so much for the detail. I almost feel like I've been there! (and have noted; Visit Thailand, not India). Damn good to see you, too.

Please take special consideration of Walter's new signature line (just in case you're not traveled out. :wink:)
0 Replies
 
vinsan
 
  1  
Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2006 05:02 am
Ceili

Thialand is very well organized when it comes to Travel and tourism.

You travelled the parts of India which are not that famous tourist Spots So that explains such misery in travel. You learnt a lesson of travelling by Air India. :wink:

When a person visits India, he is not supposed to visit the main indian Cities. They are Mess. Also India is a large Country. So what you have seen in India is very restricted and rather a short preview.

Some Good Indian Tourism spots are

1. Jaipur, Jodhpur and famous Kingdom Cities in Rajasthan
2. Goa - Beach and Sea Fun
3. Hill Stations Simla, Kullu Manali in Himachal Pradesh for their British aesthetics
4. Geer from Gujarat and Dense Jungles of Madhya Pradesh
5. Aurangabad in Maharashtra for aggregated historic sites (Ajanta Ellora Caves, Taj Mahal Replica and historic dams, Large Gardens and unexplored Forts) all at one place
6. Kerala - Greenery and Backwaters. Excellent Food.

There are special tourism boards for these spots which are organized and always use good airlines like Jet Airways and prestigious Railways for travel. They also appoint good Hotel services for your stay and are cheap too.

I see none of them in your travel guide. So your Indian experience is rationalised for the places you visited.
0 Replies
 
Region Philbis
 
  1  
Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2006 05:59 am

Ceili,

its nice to see your right eye once again Smile
0 Replies
 
Ceili
 
  1  
Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2006 10:10 am
Hello everyone. Thank-you for the compliments. I am honoured you took the time to read and enjoy my ramblings.

Vinsan. I really did like India and her people. When we were invited to attend the wedding, we were told that all plans, tours etc. would be taken care of. They weren't. If I ever get the chance to return, believe me, I would love to visit the places you mentioned. I'm deeply saddened, disappointed I was unable to see more than I did. If anything, I learned a lot; about India, about travelling, about life. I would be pleased if people would/could use this diary as advice of what or what not to do.
0 Replies
 
vinsan
 
  1  
Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2006 10:54 am
Ceili wrote:
Hello everyone. Thank-you for the compliments. I am honoured you took the time to read and enjoy my ramblings.

Vinsan. I really did like India and her people. When we were invited to attend the wedding, we were told that all plans, tours etc. would be taken care of. They weren't. If I ever get the chance to return, believe me, I would love to visit the places you mentioned. I'm deeply saddened, disappointed I was unable to see more than I did. If anything, I learned a lot; about India, about travelling, about life. I would be pleased if people would/could use this diary as advice of what or what not to do.


I can understand your review of India, Ceilli. Coz that was very opt for the travel you had. I absolutely agree with your statement "India is for Travellers and Not for Tourists"

Tourism is NOT given as much importance as it should be. May be because India is planning and acting upon to progress even in the field of tourism. So its like a mess done to sort out things properly. Smile It wioll take time but it will be sorted for sure.

And for the places I mentioned all i meant was the things are easier for tourists(!) there than other places.
0 Replies
 
brahmin
 
  1  
Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2006 06:47 pm
vinsan wrote:


Some Good Indian Tourism spots are

1. Jaipur, Jodhpur and famous Kingdom Cities in Rajasthan
2. Goa - Beach and Sea Fun
3. Hill Stations Simla, Kullu Manali in Himachal Pradesh for their British aesthetics
4. Geer from Gujarat and Dense Jungles of Madhya Pradesh
5. Aurangabad in Maharashtra for aggregated historic sites (Ajanta Ellora Caves, Taj Mahal Replica and historic dams, Large Gardens and unexplored Forts) all at one place
6. Kerala - Greenery and Backwaters. Excellent Food.




some other good indian tourist spots are -

varanasi,
calcutta,
konark-puri,
orcha,
mandu,
khajuraho,
sikkim,
darjeeling (beats the crap out of kullu manali for "brit asthetics" - you do come up with some funny descriptions)
0 Replies
 
vinsan
 
  1  
Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 12:43 am
brahmin wrote:
darjeeling (beats the crap out of kullu manali for "brit asthetics" - you do come up with some funny descriptions)


I missed darjeeling there!
0 Replies
 
shewolfnm
 
  1  
Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 08:31 am
bookmark >im not done reading< ;-)
0 Replies
 
McGentrix
 
  0  
Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2017 06:31 am
Resurrection at it's finest. Why bother looking at dates, right?
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

 
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/14/2021 at 11:07:46