Five Minute Chores

Noddy24

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 12:15 pm
The Road to Hell is paved with good intentions and littered with all manner of symbolic horseshoe nails.

For want of a nail, the shoe was lost,
For want of the shoe, the horse was lost,
For want of the horse, the rider was lost,
For want of the rider, the battle was lost,
For want of the battle, the kingdom was lost,
And all for the want of a horseshoe nail!

Yesterday (because I needed a warm coat) I sewed on a button that had been missing since October.

Time required: 5 minutes.

This morning I filed a stack of medical paperwork.

Time required: 5 minutes.

Do you postpone niggling little chores? Why? What makes you buckle down and tackle tedious little projects?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 396 • Replies: 6
No top replies

LionTamerX

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 12:19 pm
Noddy wrote:
Quote:
What makes you buckle down and tackle tedious little projects?

My better half gets this look in her eye from time to time... A very effective motivational tool.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 01:05 pm
Re: Five Minute Chores
Noddy24 wrote:

Do you postpone niggling little chores? Why? What makes you buckle down and tackle tedious little projects?

I like the word niggling.... anyway, chores? Yeah, I definately let them build up. Then Mr B offers <threatens> to help me file or deal with the piles of this and that on the dining room table. I know where every scrap of paper is in every pile. His offer to 'help' is like a match under my butt.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 01:19 pm
Oh I do that too noddy.

sometimes it's a matter of walking across the room to get the blanket because I'm cold.

no, I'll just lie on the couch and be cold.

You're right, 5 minutes does so much.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 01:23 pm
all of my five minute chores take at least 1 1/2 days because when starting one five minute chore I find 2 others that interrupt the first one. etc. etc. etc.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 01:41 pm
Emails. I hate writing emails, especially to relatives. Always searching for something different to say, so one email sounds something different than the last one.

I keep putting them off. So, I'm definitely a procrastinator in that department.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 11:05 am
I do get a lot of other things done while putting off the midgetty stuff. Why I put it off is another question. Maybe not exciting enough? Maybe it's on the other side of the room (see Chai Tea's post above)? Maybe I'm just lazy - I never thought of that!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Five Minute Chores
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/01/2024 at 04:37:41