Playing in the mud is the most important meal of the day.

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 09:10 am
Mo provided me with that quote yesterday and at the time I thought it was just one of those supremely goofy things he says.

But the more I thought about it the more I realized that it's a pretty smart motto. Just doing something for the joy of it is a pretty smart way to eat, don't you think?

I've been pondering what my most important "meal" of the day is and as yet, I'm undecided.

Maybe I'm just not eating right.

Sometimes even things I enjoy can seem to be a real chore.

It is easy to forget to enjoy things.

Are you "eating" right?

What is your most important meal of the day?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,052 • Replies: 24
No top replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 11:53 am
Nobody?

Hmmmm.

I thought this was an interesting question.

Perhaps I'll take a stab at it....

In the last year since my early, temporary retirement, I've had a lot more time to work on my personal photography and this has provided me with a lot of sustinance.

I've re-fallen in love with photography, something I'd really come to view more of as a job.

I don't get as much time to work on it as I'd like and I don't have the variety of subjects I'd like but still it feeds me.

I start each day with the editorial page of my newspaper, and then I typically hit A2K for a bit. It seems to get my mind in gear reading what other people are thinking about.

I end each day reading for at least an hour from whatever book has captured my current fancy. I think I'd die of distress if I couldn't read for pleasure.

Because of my limited time and many obligations these things are often more like snacks than meals but they provide enough nutrition to get me through each day.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 11:57 am
I'm not eating well at all these days, but I'm working on that. Yesterday, I had a really delicious meal of checkers with my boy, and a dessert of story time with my girl.

A2K is my favorite snack.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 12:11 pm
Lovely FreeDuck! Thank you.

I'm lucky that I'm not really working right now so I can just hang out with Mo all day. He's like a delicious little snack I can carry in my pocket and nibble on all day.

Next year he'll be in school. I'm sure I'll be starving most of the day.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 12:30 pm
Hah, no you'll be more full. He'll be coming home and telling you all about what happened and what he learned. I have to remind myself to enjoy these moments because I don't see them all day. Sadly, it's because I no longer spend long days with them that I have to force myself to sit down and just roll with it. There are always so many things to do, but now I try to wait until the kids gone to bed to remember to do them.

I remember what a relief it was when I figured out (when they were babies) that some seemingly meaningless moments were the most important things, and that there really honestly was nothing else that needed doing.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 02:43 pm
Oy! And Mo is so right.

That kind of play is extremely good for his neurological development and such.....

I am so not playing in the mud often enough!!!!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 02:48 pm
hmmm. the most important meal of the day is either painting, or writing my blog.... simply whatever outlet into "that" world i manage during a day.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 02:50 pm
I just saw this. It's lovely.

My most important meal of the day is probably snuggling with sozlet when she first wakes up in the morning, and chatting idly about what she dreamed about, and what to do today...

Great stuff from FreeDuck, too.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 02:57 pm
I am so into mud playing even though the lady Diane finds it annoying on laundry day.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 03:12 pm
I've learned to treasure the transition time in the morning after I wake up and before I get out of bed.

I'm also possessible about my Falling Asleep time.
0 Replies

George

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 03:23 pm
My most important meal of the day actually is a meal -- dinner.

That's about the only time Clive, Nigel, The Lovely Bride, and I are all in
the same place at the same time.
0 Replies

CrazyDiamond

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 04:27 pm
Sorry boomer, I tried to make the first postin this thread in my fourth period computer apps. class, I had it typed up about half way when the bell rang.

My most important meal is breakfast! Bacon, eggs, pancakes, sausage, waffles, bagel, biscuits, croussants, bearclaws, turnovers, omlets, everything! I love breakfast, and I like it to be big. When I don't get a big breakfast I feel like crap.

As to if I eat healthy, probably not, but I'm able to keep a good figure because I'm a growing boy and I'm out for all the sports.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 04:30 pm
You're a big silly, CD! Reread Boomer's post! Wink
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 05:16 pm
as of late i seem to snack, more than eat a big meal

a little nibble of a2k, a little nibble at the xbox, a little nibble of a book, a little nibble of a walk
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 06:54 pm
What a nice collection of answers. Even CrazyDiamond's very literal take on the question is good!

I think the Lady Diane and I have a lot in common, including laundry woes.

Thank you all for your replies.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 06:57 pm
I relayed this to sozlet and she smiled big and then said sadly, "I don't play in the mud enough."

I promised her there would be plenty of opportunities in just a couple of months.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 07:22 pm
I'm getting the feeling that I should buy stock in detergent!

We have had two outrageously beautiful days in a row. It feels like summer but we're knee deep in mud after all the rain. Mo is thrilled to be back in his element.

I play in Mo's mud more than my own.

I keep thinking of what FreeDuck said about how I would be fuller once Mo started school and I'm guessing that is because he will be fuller.

And truly I am excited for him to be fuller.

But I'm going to miss just goofing off with him all day.

But maybe I'll be fuller too because I'll have more of a chance to play in my own mud.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 07:23 pm
A2K a snack? I get my 64 ounces of A2K everyday!
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 07:30 pm
Somedays I do the whole Big Gulp thing with A2K!
0 Replies

CrazyDiamond

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 10:31 pm
boomerang wrote:
What a nice collection of answers. Even CrazyDiamond's very literal take on the question is good!

Embarrassed My bad...

cyphercat wrote:
You're a big silly, CD! Reread Boomer's post! Wink

No one calls me a silly and gets away with it! Mad You just watch your back, cyphercat, you're goin' down....Wink

Yeah, ummmm, okay, so you're right, I was in a bit of a rush... Embarrassed
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Playing in the mud is the most important meal of the day.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 04:44:00