Doesn't A 1/4 LB Of Tofu Weigh The Same As A 1/4 LB Of Beef?

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 11:18 am
I've noticed since becoming a vegetarian I'm experiencing a lot more floaters in the toilet bowl.

Would any of our medical and/or nutritional experts care to comment on this burning (no pun intended) question?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 521 • Replies: 18
No top replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 11:25 am
Poop

Bear, the answer to your question may lie on this page.
0 Replies

BlaiseDaley

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 11:32 am
Re: Doesn't A 1/4 LB Of Tofu Weigh The Same As A 1/4 LB Of B
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
I've noticed since becoming a vegetarian I'm experiencing a lot more floaters in the toilet bowl.

Would any of our medical and/or nutritional experts care to comment on this burning (no pun intended) question?

You should install a hidden camera and see who the culprit is.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 01:27 pm
Yah, it's very true. I can't remember why, but I do remember that the actress who played Elaine on Taxi (what the heck is her name?!) wrote a book on going veg, and she said that was one of the effects.

Also, to get way too personal, my family has all kinds of yucky digestive problems like diverticulitis and other things, and let's just say as a kid I spent a lot of time in the bathroom...so that's been one of the best parts about being vegetarian for me. Much less strain, shall we say! Being veggie (especially vegan) helps keep things moving along better, so you might notice more frequency in the bm dept. too. It prolly doesn't sound too appealing, but it's so much easier on your body... Smile
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 01:29 pm
Shoot, with all my digestive problems, I've noticed it comes out a little TOO easily sometimes and the frequency is a little more than I'd like.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 01:35 pm
Argh, I was editing, you're quick Bella! Yes, it's more frequent, but because of all the fiber, it's firm and easy to pass, not messy or anything. Charming! This is my small talk.

The fiber is the reason for the difference, because of course a pound of meat (perish the thought!) has no fiber whatsoever...not good from the perspective of getting things to pass through the ol' body efficiently. I believe that's the reason for the floaters, BVT: the fiber content makes it pass through quicker and easier, so it's less dense than the mess of beef is, which has probably remained in the intestines much longer.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 01:37 pm
having to flush everything twice may negatively impact my water bill dammit.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 01:48 pm
cyphercat wrote:
the fiber content makes it pass through quicker and easier, so it's less dense than the mess of beef is, which has probably remained in the intestines much longer.

So, what you're saying is my Plunkers are light on fiber? I need more fiber to get Floaters?

More fiber will make me poop more....something I am not excited about since I already go more than I'd like. I guess I am stuck with Plunkers. Sad
0 Replies

CrazyDiamond

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 06:22 pm
Are we seriously having an intelligent conversation on poop? Where's dyslexia, Gus, and Slappy to break this up?
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 06:25 pm
CrazyDiamond wrote:
Are we seriously having an intelligent conversation on poop? Where's dyslexia, Gus, and Slappy to break this up?

oh yeah, the three wise guys Very Happy
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 07:45 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
Poop

Bear, the answer to your question may lie on this page.

This is a truly impressive site bella

I am only 1/5 way through and I already learned more about poop than I thought was possible.

2 thumbs up.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 10:52 pm
Wow, I've been gone all day, I thought for sure this thread would have degenerated into naughty giggles by now...I do notice that BVT hasn't come back. I don't think he even cared about his question at all, he just wanted to see if he could make us all talk about poo.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 08:32 am
cyphercat wrote:
Wow, I've been gone all day, I thought for sure this thread would have degenerated into naughty giggles by now...I do notice that BVT hasn't come back. I don't think he even cared about his question at all, he just wanted to see if he could make us all talk about poo.

on the contrary cyphercat,,,I'm a serious and thoughtful bear.... I was carefully considering every word on this thread before just speaking up.

I have now learned why the floaters and that on a slow day I can get a thread going by mentioning poop. :wink:
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 08:58 am
I'm amazed that no one has asked Bear how he gets the poo from the forest into some water so that he can measure the density....
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 09:01 am
think about that next time you crack open a bottle of deer park good buddy
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 09:02 am
Actually I used to just poop on the ice, but now that the ice caps are melting well... who knows where it ends up.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 10:10 am
Blue - now that you're a vegetarian you can honestly tell people that your sh*t don't stink, it's one of the best things about giving up all that meaty bacteria.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 10:23 am
The best thing about being vegetarian is breaking that nasty habit and having a steak.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 11:13 am
Green Witch wrote:
Blue - now that you're a vegetarian you can honestly tell people that your sh*t don't stink, it's one of the best things about giving up all that meaty bacteria.

there was a conversion crisis that lasted a couple of weeks though...man!!!! Laughing
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Doesn't A 1/4 LB Of Tofu Weigh The Same As A 1/4 LB Of Beef?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/16/2024 at 07:31:08