tattoos can be cool

Jemina

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 08:36 am
I am so new at this. I wrote in the other day and have no clue where to find anything. Hopefully this will help me find my way around. I'm doing a research paper on people who get a tattoo are basically insecure.(I did not make up this topic, I have 2 tats myself) I need some people to give me their opinion on this. Let's be honest. Jemina
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 435 • Replies: 9
No top replies

material girl

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 08:43 am
I dont think they are insecure.
They just like decorating themselves.

Im insecure and i have no tattoos.
I went through a stage of wanting one when it was the 'in' thing in the UK, but thankfully I realised it would be on me forever and I dont think I could choose a picture that would represent and change with me as I got older.

My friend had one done about 10 years ago, a couple of years ago she was asked 'why did you get that done', she said something like 'God knows!'.
Luckily its not in a visable place.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 12:18 pm
Cool or not cool - insecure or not. Does that have anything to do with having tattoos? I have three. I had the first one done when I was 32, the last one was my gift to myself on my 40th birthday.

I never thought of them as a fashion statement or something I had to be cool. They are part of me and I think they look good. I never once thought 'God knows why I did that.' But I guess it helps to think about that before you get them...

And welcome to A3K, Jemina!
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 01:17 pm
Re: tattoos can be cool
Jemina wrote:
I am so new at this. I wrote in the other day and have no clue where to find anything. Hopefully this will help me find my way around. I'm doing a research paper on people who get a tattoo are basically insecure.(I did not make up this topic, I have 2 tats myself) I need some people to give me their opinion on this. Let's be honest. Jemina

I have three rather large tattoos, and while I haven't taken the time for a deep introspection, I rather doubt that I got any of them due to issues of insecurity. As someone has already mentioned, I drew mine and had them applied because I liked the way they looked.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 01:55 pm
when I was very young I was playing football with my cousin and his buddies and I ran the ball all the way down field for a touchdown. I was so thrilled and then at the height of my elation my cousin slapped the **** out of me because I had run the ball the wrong way and all of his friends were laughing at me which embarassed him. I'll never forget the pain and humiliation.

As a result of this I have several tattoos and every time the needle stings my skin I begin to cry and yell "See Pete? I'm special... I'm special!"

Sometimes my accompanying erection makes the tattoo artist a bit uncomfortable but hey... it's about me and my needs.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 02:08 pm
You are a very, very sick Bear . . .
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 02:29 pm
<applauds Bear for his breakthrough>
0 Replies

Foxy1983

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 04:02 am
I'm a little insecure (ok very), and have a couple of tattoos - they haven't made me feel any more secure, and they haven't made me feel any less secure...

I dont' know why I had them done, just because I liked the designs!
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 03:47 pm
I dunno aboot the insecurity connection...The girl with the most tattoos I've ever known always seemed extremely secure. Like, too secure. You know, the kind of girl that wears tops that expose her nipples to work at a small-town family clothing store, because it never occurs to her that she's scaring people.

Annnyway, she had tons of tats, and the rest of us at the store sort of sat back and observed as they got more and more prolific and less tasteful . . . Until finally one day she came into work and pulled her pants halfway down, to reveal: A bright red lipstick kiss on her ass, with the words, "KISS THIS" proudly emblazoned on her (rather generously sized) ass cheek.

Ah, how gracefully this tattoo will age with her! How it will lend an air of dignity to her twilight years! Of course, eventually she won't be able to wear skirts above the knee without people thinking she's telling them to kiss her on the back of the leg.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 09:43 pm
Laughing Laughing

Man, that's funny cypher. I know a chick like that. Modesty is not a concept she knows.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » tattoos can be cool
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 04:35:32