Francis

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 03:45 pm
dlowan wrote:
"d"
Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 03:47 pm
Never bothered to check out the etymology, Set. Thanks.

Deb, you're right. We did learn something. Perhaps Msolga can incorporate this entire discussion into her lesson plans.

I can just picture the mission statement now:

Students will learn how NOT to be sexy. Oops that's a behavioral statement. sorry.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 03:47 pm
You, sir, have a small bum.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 03:48 pm
To whose bum to your refer, Wabbit ?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 03:52 pm
Dys.

But he has a capacious mined.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 03:53 pm
He has capcesin on the mind? Like, you mean, jalapanos?
0 Replies

dyslexia

I don't mined.
0 Replies

dlowan

Actually, I think both sexes kinda like shakin' their tail feathers....
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 04:04 pm
there's two sexes?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 04:11 pm
There's at least six . . .
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 05:21 pm
Letty wrote:
...If most women were truthful, I think we would all agree that what we want most is strength from the male animal, then other things fall into line.

And if most men were truthful, I suspect they want strength in women, too, at least when they get down more committed adult relationships. Personally I fancy the ideal of an equal spread of things like strength, compassion, sensitivity, whatever ... in an adult partnership.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 05:44 pm
msolga wrote:
Letty wrote:
...If most women were truthful, I think we would all agree that what we want most is strength from the male animal, then other things fall into line.

And if most men were truthful, I suspect they want strength in women, too, at least when they get down more committed adult relationships. Personally I fancy the ideal of an equal spread of things like strength, compassion, sensitivity, whatever ... in an adult partnership.

Absolutely!

I also think that a bit of the old chasing doesn't do any harm during the courtship period, either.

A well dressed young lady is far more appealing than one who has everything on display, IMO.
Maybe I'm old fashioned.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 05:48 pm
dlowan wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
actually msolga I'm inclined think that it's the young females that have the fantasy and that young males are essentially clueless other than the display of the females fantasy about the males fantasies.

If anyone's fantasies are being displayed, it is not, I think, those of the boys in the girls' actual milieu, it is those of the fashion/pop/ etc folk who somehow decree what is cool this week.

How THEY get their ideas one has no idea....

But they certainly, I think, end up being part of the girls' fantasies about their presentation.

Yes, I agree, Deb. And this influence is not only on adolescent girls. I'd include girls as young as year 7 (11, 12 year olds) from what I see around me in my work. I don't know why it's so unfashionable to express concern about the image makers' influence on young girls, especially. You run the risk of being considered a wowser or a prude. Or your concerns are considered a joke. What I'm trying to say that I am concerned by the influence of the image makers on girls, particularly when sexuality (in image & attitude) is projected as being cool to very young girls. I'm not talking about repressing their sexuality at all (as if you could, even if you wanted too!) ... I guess I'm talking about is not exploiting the vulnerability of young girls' insecurities for marketing motives .... I just wish young people (of both sexes, for that matter) could grow up at their own pace, in a more supportive, less exploitative climate. Life is tough enough for them already, without this added pressure. <sigh>
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 05:53 pm
Amigo wrote:
I've had my own expireance with multiple partners

would using both the righ and left hand be considered multiple partners

or is it cheating
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 05:55 pm
<sigh>

I think I'll go off & do my shopping now.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/16/2024 at 04:37:53