Well Timber, it's 1 o'clock and it's just you and me...

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2006 01:13 am
Yep. It's just me and you, one hidden member, and 31 guests. If I didn't mention you, you weren't on when I looked at the list.
So, anyway, I hope to sleep like any normal teenager tonight and do like most teenagers do and wake-up at about eleven tomorrow. Or today, I guess. And then, I'll continue straining my brain to read Faulkner's The Sound and The Fury, which is very difficult, I've gotta say. I suppose I'll eat some pancakes first but, oh well, it's beside the point. 'What is the point?' you may ask. It's just that. Life is good, it's late and I am going to bed.

...but first I have to pee.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 446 • Replies: 7
No top replies

roger

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2006 01:30 am
The hell you say!

Anyway, what person in their right mind (oh, that's right, CRAZYDiamond) would read the Sound and the Fury? I read one of his short stories called "Tomorrow" and loved it. So an instructor recommended The Sound. . . . It were horrible. Like a Russian novel, I never figured out who was who, or even which decade he happened to be writing in at the moment.

You should really expand your reading list.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2006 09:21 am
I'm an inveterate reader but I never made it past the first paragraph of The Sound and The Fury.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2006 09:34 am
I often wonder about the guests. Two members, one hidden member, and 31 guests... kinda spooky.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2006 09:47 am
An old thread on guests - http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1132958
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2006 10:06 am
J_B wrote:
I often wonder about the guests. ....

We put out the good china, and the nice Cabernet, and they stay hidden anyway.
0 Replies

CrazyDiamond

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2006 12:36 pm
I now realize how perverted this thread title sounds...
0 Replies

CrazyDiamond

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2006 12:51 pm
And by the way, why ya putting down Faulkner? I'll admit, the first 75 pages are hard to understand, as they are told from the point of view of a mentally handicapped person. This makes it hard to understand what's going on because he doesn't see things the way we do. But really, it's obviously got to be somewhat good if it's a well-known American classic.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Well Timber, it's 1 o'clock and it's just you and me...
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 12:35:33