feminine appearance

kjl56

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2006 04:56 am
I am a young man.
To do a mission, I have to live a as woman for 3 months.
So I need to a completely feminine appearance.
I have to do this work myself and I can not go to hairdressing salon.
what do I do?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,727 • Replies: 21
No top replies

CrazyDiamond

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2006 03:58 pm
Shocked You're kidding right? Tell me you're kidding.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2006 05:12 pm
Is this like a bet, or something?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2006 05:45 pm
kjl56

I answered your question in your other thread, assuming you had a legitamate purpose.

I think it's in marriage and relationships?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2006 05:58 pm
Here, I'll copy it over.......

Curious kjl56, what is your mission?

Are you considering a sex change?

The reason I ask is, not so much these days, but in the past transgendered male to female people often overdid the feminization, and looked like drag queens.

My suggestions off the top of my head would be....

Remove the hair of your arms with nair. Make sure you give yourself a good manicure. No rough cuticles. Don't grow your nails too long, but longer than most men would wear. Polish would be nice. One can always tell a lady by her hands.

I imagine your feet are larger than most womens. Don't go for heels or anything. Flats are fine. But do make sure you buy descent shoes for God's sake. Don't tromp around in cheap shoes. If that means you can only afford one pair, then so be it. Keep them buffed and polished and clean.

You have an adams apple. It's winter, so turtle necks would be good. If it gets warmer, try skirts that are meant to button all the way up.

Are you going to go so far and having breasts? If you do, don't go to big. I'm not sure where you'd get them, but you should be able to find materials that you could put in the cups of a good athletic bra (more comfortable) that would look natural.

I'd stick with trousers, that's what most women wear all the time anyway. I don't know your weight so can't help you there.

PLUCK your eyebrows!

I assume you're going to wear makeup....maybe go to a cosmetic counter at a nice department store and explain your situation, and they can make you up once. Make lots of notes how they are doing it. Even if it doesn't turn out the way you want, it gives you the basics.

Feminine doesn't have to mean ultra sexy or garish, be conservative. Less is more.

Now these are just my personal observations. Do you think that helps?
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2006 07:36 pm
I think Chai has given you some really good advice.

I'm a professional photographer and I have worked with quite a few pre-operative trans-gendered people.

The only thing I might contradict Chai on is the hand/manicure thing. Hands are the big give away -- more than hairy bodies, more than adams apples. Don't do anything that draws attention to your hands. Even after hormone treatment and surgery, hands don't change.

Side note: women tend to show the side of their hand - the part adjacent to the little finger, men tend to show the back of their hand. This little gesture speaks volumes. Pay attention to this difference and it will tell you a LOT.

No long sleeves, very little jewelry, I'd skip polish.

Draw attention to your waist which is really genderless. Cool belts would be a great investment.

Go for "unisex" hair.

Enroll in yoga or pilaties - girls are typically more flexible than boys.

Like Chai says -- don't go for overtly feminine. Don't go Barbie.

Have fun and good luck!
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2006 07:51 pm
Oh yeah....

Find out where the chemo/masectomy women go for fake hair and boobs. That is where you'll find the most realistic girl accessories.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2006 08:02 pm
how much you wana bet he ends up looking like this

http://images.quizfarm.com/1105230840emilyhoward.jpg

hello, my name is emily howard, as you can plainly see, i am a lady, and as such i like doing lady things

god i love little britian
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2006 08:50 pm
<snork>

Djjd, I've met enough transgendered folks to know just exactly how wrong you are.

I'll bet you have too.

But you just didn't know it!
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2006 09:20 pm
i've met some very convincing and some not so
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2006 10:09 pm
you're right boom about the hands....no polish then, put no rough nail edges or cuticles, and moisturize, moisturize, moisturize.

Oh - one thing that might be obvious, but I'll say it anywho.

If you're an Amrican man, you most likely cross your legs by putting your ankle on your knee.

do.....not.....do....that.

do that model leg cross, where you just cross your ankles, if you put left ovre right have both your legs slightly angled to the right....if you cross right over left, angle both your legs slightly to the left.

When standing to look at ease, like when standing in a line, I'll cross just my hands in front of each other, one hand holding the other.

speaking of hands, if for some reason you have to look at your nails, you extend the back of your hand out and so you're looking at the whole hand. Men tend to turn their palms face up and bend their fingers to look at their nails.
0 Replies

kjl56

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2006 12:26 am
Thank you so much.
For more description:
My weight: 65 Kg
My Height: 165 Cm
My hair color: black and short
Hairy eyebrows
Beautiful dark brown eyes
small lips
, ...
What is your suggestion for the kind of my clothes, make up and hair

Chai Tea wrote:
Here, I'll copy it over.......

Curious kjl56, what is your mission?

Are you considering a sex change?

The reason I ask is, not so much these days, but in the past transgendered male to female people often overdid the feminization, and looked like drag queens.

My suggestions off the top of my head would be....

Remove the hair of your arms with nair. Make sure you give yourself a good manicure. No rough cuticles. Don't grow your nails too long, but longer than most men would wear. Polish would be nice. One can always tell a lady by her hands.

I imagine your feet are larger than most womens. Don't go for heels or anything. Flats are fine. But do make sure you buy descent shoes for God's sake. Don't tromp around in cheap shoes. If that means you can only afford one pair, then so be it. Keep them buffed and polished and clean.

You have an adams apple. It's winter, so turtle necks would be good. If it gets warmer, try skirts that are meant to button all the way up.

Are you going to go so far and having breasts? If you do, don't go to big. I'm not sure where you'd get them, but you should be able to find materials that you could put in the cups of a good athletic bra (more comfortable) that would look natural.

I'd stick with trousers, that's what most women wear all the time anyway. I don't know your weight so can't help you there.

PLUCK your eyebrows!

I assume you're going to wear makeup....maybe go to a cosmetic counter at a nice department store and explain your situation, and they can make you up once. Make lots of notes how they are doing it. Even if it doesn't turn out the way you want, it gives you the basics.

Feminine doesn't have to mean ultra sexy or garish, be conservative. Less is more.

Now these are just my personal observations. Do you think that helps?
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2006 08:00 am
I would go with a long sleeved or mid-arm top. Tank tops, spaghetti straps, full out dresses usually do not work on a man (unless you are extremely thin and feminine by make).

Don't wear anything too tight; something that fits well and comes in at the waist would be nice. When you lift your arms, the top should move with you. This will prevent that spreading look across your wider shoulders. I agree that a nice belt would really be good.

Basic colours would probably be best. A classic look. Perhaps a dark pair of pants or fitted skirt (if you have the curves/legs for it). Absolutely no horizontal stripes. Actually, I think you should bypass anything too busy altogether.

Femininity is all about softness and grace, I think. Little things count. Exquisite hygiene; maybe some well done foundation to even out your skin tone. Some mascara for your eyes. Yeah, I would go to a make-up counter to find the right colours for your skin and face. Let's see ...

Oooo, this is kinda fun!

How short is your hair? Is there anything to grab on to there?
My hair is quite short, like a fistful to grab onto, and there are a lot of things I do to make it more girly. Barrets are great, or pretty combs, there is the slicked look (short n' chic). Some good product will help. Perhaps a glosser to shine it up.

Make sure to take off all the stray hairs on your face, neck...everywhere!

Very Happy
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2006 07:14 pm
I had a transvestite roommate once. S/He said it took years to get the right look and moves. S/he really did appear to be a female and was treated like one, but it was like creating a work of art everyday. Hours getting the hair, makeup and outfits right. The hormone injections played a big part in creating the illusion. I also think s/he had some surgery. I don't think a man can just morph into a woman. I can barely pull it off- and I was born female.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2006 08:02 pm
I hear that Green Witch. I'm a woman but a lot of that "girl stuff" is just beyond me!

For makeup--

DO NOT go to a cosmetic counter.

Find a photographer that offers makeup as part of their photo session. Call first and tell them what you're doing. Make sure their stylist is comfortable with your request.

The reason I suggest a photography stylist is that they are not going to try to sell you tons and tons and tons of product -- they're going to tell you what works best for you. They typically know how to use makeup in a different way too -- more as camoflauge. Plus, every photo stylist I've ever known (a lot of them) LOVE to fill people in on how to do what they're doing.

Buy a nice photo from the photo session - a close up -- and use the image as your guide.

Truly, if you can find a good photo stylist in your area, your hair and makup problems are solved.
0 Replies

Foxy1983

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2006 08:42 am
Don't go over the top with the make up -

Natural earthy tones, remember!!

I helped a guy who was in a 'transition' period, and had to do this. He went around wearing electric blue eyeshadow and eyeliner with bright pink or red lipstick. It just looked fake, which wasn't what he was trying to achieve...

A few fawny browns, mixed with mid-dark brown in the eye socket, with a touch of highlighter below the eyebrow, with a hint of mascara, dark brown or black, and he looked fantastic!
0 Replies

kjl56

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 04:19 am
more help
Thank you for your comments.
By considering your experience to help a guy, May you guide me more than this about my feminized features?

Foxy1983 wrote:
Don't go over the top with the make up -

Natural earthy tones, remember!!

I helped a guy who was in a 'transition' period, and had to do this. He went around wearing electric blue eyeshadow and eyeliner with bright pink or red lipstick. It just looked fake, which wasn't what he was trying to achieve...

A few fawny browns, mixed with mid-dark brown in the eye socket, with a touch of highlighter below the eyebrow, with a hint of mascara, dark brown or black, and he looked fantastic!
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 04:36 am
Please dont dress like Maggie Thatcher like Ive seen transvestites wear in programmes, dont overdo the make up,make it look natural.
Be fashionable but not over the top, try and find out what suits you for your age and personality.
0 Replies

Foxy1983

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 08:49 am
I don't think I can guide you, as I don't know what you look like, other than the description you gave above, it's difficult without seeing someone, how they move etc.

I would get your eyebrows professionally shaped by a beautician, this will stand you in good stead for having some kind of shape to stick to when you pluck them yourself.

And I agree about the clothing, in that you shold be attempting to dressing for 'everyday' wear, most women don't wear high heels/strappy tops/short skirts on a daily basis. Long, flowing, covering any sore spots, something that may create some curves wear there aren't many. Stick with things that are safe to begin with, until you have mastered sitting/standing/walking in various types of clothing.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 09:26 am
kjl56 wrote:
Thank you so much.
For more description:
My weight: 65 Kg
My Height: 165 Cm
My hair color: black and short
Hairy eyebrows
Beautiful dark brown eyes
small lips
, ...
What is your suggestion for the kind of my clothes, make up and hair

In English units:
143 lbs.
65 in (5'5")

Do your eyes have colored flecks in them? If so, what color (most people have white or yelow)? Skin tone - everyone has variants - do you see undertones of pink, red, blue, yellow, white, something else? Hair - most people have some sort of natural highlights/lowlights - bits of blond? Red? Grey? Finally, when wearing jewelry, do you look better with gold or silver near your face?

There's a reason I'm asking all of this.

There are things called seasons. Not everyone buys into them but the idea is that everyone has skin/hair/eye tones and these can be grouped into what are called seasons. And from what season you are, it helps to determine which colors look best on you.

Here's a website about color analysis: http://members.tripod.com/trepanrr/id138.htm In particular, check out the sections on advanced makeup training and total skin care.

So - here's some quick info on the seasons.

Spring - light skin, often a little yellowy or peachy, eyes have yellow flecks, hair is blonde or light brown with blonde or reddish highlights or brown in the lighter range and with no highlights, or strawberry blonde. Looks good with gold. Looks best in warm, lighter tones, like pastels, but also often in contrast with dark suits/slacks or brights in the same color family. I happen to be a Spring and I look best in colors like peach, periwinkle, true red, true blue, true navy, true black, offwhite, light green, tan, light orange, that sort of thing, plus purple if it's very reddish but not too plummy/berry-like. Charlize Theron is probably a Spring. Halle Berry might be, too.

Summer - light skin, often with bluish or whitish undertones, eyes have white flecks, hair is blonde with no real highlights, snow bunny colors but also can be very dark hair and eyes with very light, contrasting skin. Looks good with silver jewelry. Looks best in true navy, true black, true white, true red (you see how these are primaries and not too much in the way of mixed colors) and the lighter equivalents such as hot pink, baby pink, baby blue. Does not look good in most orange or green colors. Purple and lilac are good colors, particularly if they are very bluish. Berry and plum colors are good. Clear yellows can be acceptable. Sharon Stone is probably a Summer. Teri Hatcher might be, too. So might Sarah Jessica Parker.

Autumn - ruddy, reddish or freckly skin with pink, peach or reddish undertones, eyes have yellow flecks, hair is red or mid-brown, often with reddish highlights, or blonde with red, darker than a strawberry color. Can also be dark brown hair with olive skin, like a true Sabra. Looks good with gold or copper jewelry. Looks best in earth tones - tans, luggage, browns, loden green, gold, turquoise. Julianne Moore is probably an Autumn. Susan Sarandon might be, too, but she might be a Spring.

Winter - stark skin tones with few undertones. Can be either very white or very dark-skinned, too. Eyes have white flecks, hair is black, white, light grey, dark brown, with no real highlights. Looks good with silver or platinum jewelry. Looks best in true navy, true black, true white, true red but not so much in the lighter equivalents such as hot pink, baby pink, baby blue. Does not look good in most orange or green colors. Purple is a good color, particularly if it is clear or very bluish and dark. Berry and plum colors are good. Clear yellows can be acceptable, but not as much as for Summers. Grey is a good color but very light grey is better for Summers, and greys with pink or blue in them can be better for the warmer side of the equation (Springs and maybe even Autumns). Minnie Driver might be a Winter.

A lot of this can come from your own favorite colors. Look at your wardrobe. Which colors do you normally wear? Most people naturally gravitate to colors that look good on them, so you might want to use that in your guide to what to buy.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » feminine appearance
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 05/17/2024 at 02:20:47