School paper-why get a tatoo?

Jemina

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 10:32 am
Hi everyone. I'd like to get to know you all. Maybe I'll start with a personal question? Do you have a tatoo? Where? What? and why did you get one? I have 2 tats and I'm doing a paper for school on why people get a tat?
Jemina :wink:
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,611 • Replies: 16
No top replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 10:36 am
I have one on my left arm. I got it on my 18th birthday as a gift from my brother. My brother was part of the influence at the time as he was in the Marines and had quite a few of them. He looked tough.

I wouldn't get anymore though. One is enough for me.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 10:38 am
Perhaps this will help your paper, perhaps not. I have not tatoos. I consider it a willful disfiguration of one's skin. Here, i can change my avatar picture, and i can change my signature line, or my location at will. Get a tatoo, and all you can do if you tire of it is to have it tatooed over again, making it more obscure, or have it removed--expensive and painful. With time, it will "blur" and "run." For those reason, i always resisted getting at tatoo--even when drunk.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 10:40 am
I thought about getting one in the 80's. Then I noticed all these middle aged, suburbanite soccer moms getting them and I decided it was no longer cool to get a tatoo. Plus as you age they fade and sag, what was sexy at 18 is not sexy at 48.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 01:02 pm
am contemplating getting this one for my back:

http://www.rankmytattoos.com/f/uploads/devil-tattoo-1123439280851.jpg
0 Replies

Krekel

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 01:26 pm
Like Setanta, I also don't have a tattoo, albeit for a different reason. My reason: I just can't come up with something that I think should be engraved on my body. I like tattoo's on others, my girlfriend has serveral, they're great, but I couldn't think of one picture -yet- that I would like to be there ... forever!

I mean, seriously!
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 01:37 pm
Krekel, you should SO get the forked-tongue demon for your back...

( Wink )
0 Replies

Krekel

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 02:03 pm
Region Philbis wrote:
Krekel, you should SO get the forked-tongue demon for your back...

( Wink )

Indeed, this is the only picture I would have on my body! It's beautiful. Although the shops are closed by now, I'm heating up a fork right now, just to start up the process! When the fork hits liquid, I'm lying down on it!
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 02:24 pm
Re: School paper-why get a tatoo?
Jemina wrote:
Hi everyone. I'd like to get to know you all. Maybe I'll start with a personal question? Do you have a tatoo? Where? What? and why did you get one? I have 2 tats and I'm doing a paper for school on why people get a tat?
Jemina :wink:

I have 3 tattoos, and will likely get a 4th fairly soon.

I have gone with a tribal theme, all of which I've designed. 1 sleeve on my left forearm, 1 shield on my right shoulder, and 1 between the shoulder blades.

I've always enjoyed the look of tattoos, and despite the potential downsides later in life I've not expererienced regret for any of them.

The main reason I got tattoos was because I appreciate the way they look, the lines they add to what would otherwise be a drab canvas.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 03:00 pm
I have one tattoo (well one that I added some to, surrounding it, so tech. two)

I have a large dragonfly on left ankle and around it there a 6 smaller dragonflies.... Each dragonfly has a different design in it.. one has bubbles, one has stars, one has hearts, one has fire, one has lightening, and one has swirls... they were all outlined and the inside of them were done freehand and they came out awesome...

I got my tattoo because the dragonfly's represnt a very happy time in my life....

I am unsure as to whether I will get anymore or not... as I would love sooo many more, but I am low no money and I don't want to just get anything for the hell of it...
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 04:43 pm
For Jes's sake, RP, I do hope you're planning to shave your back regularly after you get that tattoo. Nothing turns us wimmin off faster than a HAIRY forked-tongue demon, y'know.

Wink
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 04:48 pm
http://www.rankmytattoos.com/f/uploads/devil-tattoo-1123439280851.jpg

Ooh. I just realized something. When you take your boxers off, it'll look like a forked-tongue demon with tits.

I'd rethink this one, RP.

Laughing
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 07:24 pm
Laughing forked-tongued demon with tits....
that's going in my 'insulting bitch' bag for later.

I have one tat. One is enough for me. It's on my lower back/tailbone and it is of a monk/fighter.

I got it to mark a time in my life, and bc I like the way it would look, bc I wanted to experience getting a tat, and as a reminder to myself. He (the tat) is on my spine; constantly reminding me to be strong. It turned out great. The effect is an excellent reflection of myself. It's body art.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 07:27 pm
Nope, nada, zip. For pretty much the same reasons Set described.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 07:56 pm
I've got two, and am still trying to get an appointment for number three.

I've wanted ink since I was a teen, but didn't get my first tattoo til I was just past 40.

The one on the top of my right foot is a vine - has to do with respecting the environment.http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SgAAAIsXB4UKhWSp9tH!AcMFlTE34xD5mK8mH6Chzp8Vw9kVCPB!bLUIINMTwMKzPPZsi82j23G0lfU6Ilyylbpfy6QENYdoqZYJQVl9pg*yi7RZGP1FqA/1.jpg

The one on my left side just to the top/side of my butt has http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0ZAAAAHkgS5Fmv!0QIZiHjygELhEpn*SZyXGmPp4xsAPLK6cwkjWwXqxmbjtmV3o5!9Ew91Ig2KAHzNBFIH0BxnyMiXeclr0nP5KnfpA3ZeGc!78w3HvklYYgNI8C2DWkMznAMjwNPYira2B6ZI1ptQ/tat%20partially%20edited%20.jpg

the bumblebee going into the spiral (life) represents all the things people say we can't do - but we do
the flower in the middle of the spiral represents nourishment (spiritual)
the dragonfly emerging from the spiral represents change - the dragonfly is one of the only creatures that lives on the earth, in the water, and in the air (at different stages in its life)

a flipped version of this

http://www.flower-fairies-pictures.co.uk/_images/flowerfairies/alphabet/f-300.jpg

will be next - a flower fairy swinging from my right shoulder blade - has to do with gardening and imagination and a few other things
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2006 06:37 pm
Eva wrote:
Ooh. I just realized something. When you take your boxers off, it'll look like a forked-tongue demon with tits.

I'd rethink this one, RP.

Laughing

yeah, butt only if i have a large zit on each arse cheek...
0 Replies

Jemina

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2006 02:19 pm
tattoos can be cool even on "older" women
Thanks everyone for the thoughts and pics of tats. The paper I'm writing is titled, People who get tattoos are basically insecurel. I have to respond to this opinion. What's your opinion guys. My personal opinion is I think that statement is a load of crap!!!!!!!!! :wink:
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » School paper-why get a tatoo?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 10/14/2024 at 06:26:25