The sun'll come out... tomorrow.

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 05:10 pm
I'm on the way Amigo... and I'm bringing my wife along, too.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 05:11 pm
You can get special lights that imitate the sun- and they really work. People with Seasonal Affected Disorder (SAD) use them to keep from getting depressed in the winter. You just sit in front of the thing for 15 minutes a day and it will chase all your blues away.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 05:16 pm
We have one of those lights, GW. Mr B and my oldest daughter both struggle with SAD. I noticed he hauled it out of the basement recently. He must be feeling the effects of the short days. Hell, I'm feeling the effects of all this cloudiness and I don't suffer with it. I think I'll go sit at his desk for a while.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 05:28 pm
apart from the dark early at night thing, i much prefer overcast to sun

sorry, just odd that way
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 07:38 pm
the sun'll come out tomorrow
Sound like you're in danger of terminal mildew setting in.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 07:45 pm
Re: The sun'll come out... tomorrow.
jpinMilwaukee wrote:
Its been cloudy and overcast here in Milwaukee for the past 17 days.

17 days? I laugh at your 17 days....and raise you another 17! Live on the west coast here, and you'll learn about manly type rain.

Check out this forecast for my area:

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b307/ReynN/rain.jpg
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 09:47 pm
Quote:
Chicago Tribune Weather:Tuesday
Cloudy, fairly chilly and raw. A few snow flurries possible.

phfttt, so much for closing up shop on Tuesday.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 10:53 pm
Sun? Hmmm.... it's yellow and warm, right?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 11:09 pm
I wouldn't know.

I seriously consider getting one of those lamps every winter... maybe the time has come.

I have to get to the Franklin Park Conservatory, that's what always cheered me up in mpls and madison when I reached this point. Stepping into humid tropical paradise, even if it's overcast.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2006 10:41 am
Franklin Park Conservatory's wonderful.

It's snowing here !!! Very Happy
0 Replies

George

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2006 10:51 am
There's strange yellow light in the sky!!!
Could it be? It is!
THE SUN!

Dammit, I was hoping for snow squalls to welcome the Jacksonville Jaguars to Massachusetts.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2006 11:49 am
Don't I know it, JP. I was in Milwaukee for the holidays, for three weeks, and I saw the sun for maybe 5 minutes. When I first got back I loved it, made me feel at home. Then after a week I felt sluggish and depressed for no reason.

Ahh, it's good to be back in Dixie, with the sun shining throuh my window as I write.

Yee-haw!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2006 04:55 pm
We had the sun break through for a little bit, like an hour or two, just before it went down -- not much, but still quite restorative!

My cousin in Florida is badgering me about coming to visit, that's a whole 'nother level of restoration... ocean, ahhh...
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2006 05:29 pm
The sun was out almost all day today. JP I'm blowing it your way, would you pass it on the Soz? Much obliged.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2006 06:17 pm
littlek wrote:
Sun? Hmmm.... it's yellow and warm, right?

Damned if I can remember. I haven't seen hide or hair of it since the first week of December! Shocked
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2006 06:48 pm
I saw the sun for an entire three hours today.

My urge to kill has temporarily subsided.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2006 06:51 pm
sublime1 wrote:
I saw the sun for an entire three hours today.

My urge to kill has temporarily subsided.

Where are you currently vacationing? Laughing
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2006 07:03 pm
It almost seemed like a vacation. I was working in the western suburbs when I walked out of a house and saw the sun, I went right back in and told my partner to come outside. We were in a great mood the rest of the day.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 08:42 am
Swimpy wrote:
The sun was out almost all day today. JP I'm blowing it your way, would you pass it on the Soz? Much obliged.

It took a few days but the sun finally made it here... now I just need to find an excuse to leave work a little early so that I can enjoy it. You're the best Swipmy.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 09:05 am
jpinMilwaukee wrote:

You're the best Swipmy.

I do what I can. :wink:
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 11:07:16