The thread thought association thread

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 09:05 pm
This has been driving me nuts...

Every time I see the thread "Atheists, your life is pointless" I start singing that song from "The Point" that goes

This is the town and these are the people
This is the town where the people all stay
That's the way they wanted it
That's the way it's going to (be?) (stay?) (WHAT?)

When I think of that song I think of anita_b, who, once upon a time called herself "arrow's mom" because she too loved the movie "The Point" and Oblio's dog was named Arrow and so (I think) she named her dog Arrow....

And I really miss anita_b.

<sigh>

I'm usually very good at finding lyrics to songs but the lyrics to "The Point" have stumped me. I broke down today and ordered a copy of the movie under the pretext of giving it to Mo for his birthday.

Am I alone in this thought association thing sparked by thread titles?

Are there thread titles that you see that always make you think of something completely unrelated?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 289 • Replies: 7
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 09:17 pm
All of Gus's thread titles.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 10:28 am
I don't know if I ever DON'T do this.

To choose one recent and random example, I see the "Rain Forest #65 - Lions, and Tigers, and Bears, Oh My!" thread and think of what ehBeth said about putting a picture of a bear there (haven't seen it yet) and thinking of Sturgis and thinking of a guy I know who is just Sturgis' type who I haven't seen for a long time and wondering how he's doing and since last I knew he lived in Madison thinking about whether it would be feasible to drive to Madison since we drove to Chicago (not to collect the guy for Sturgis, just that it reminded me I miss Madison) and then thinking about that E.G. is going to Pasadena soon and wondering if we want to go with (I haven't been back since we moved away) and then thinking about who we would want to see and then thinking about my old job and then thinking about this job I want that I haven't heard back from and my hopes are diminishing a bit. (The job is on permanent loop and most thoughts come back to that, probably will until it's resolved one way or another.)

You asked.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 11:18 am
Some minds are like expensive sheets, densely woven with hundreds of intersecting threads.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 12:34 pm
Not having heard does not mean they have made a decision against you, soz. Surely they are working their way through interviews. I imagine if they'd reached a decision that they would have let all applicants know.

I done that "oh that person would be perfect for my friend" before realizing that miles and miles and miles separate them!

That is a nice thought, Noddy. You made me feel much better about my daydreamy tangents.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 12:38 pm
Next round of interviews were supposed to start Monday -- haven't heard from them to even set up an interview.

Starting to resign myself, but who knows.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 12:41 pm
Soz--

The end of the holiday season is always chaotic. Give them at least a full week to get organized.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 06:13 pm
Damn, Soz.

I associate to EVERYTHING, except, it seems, thread titles...
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » The thread thought association thread
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/09/2024 at 08:25:58