My Christmas Gift

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 12:00 pm
squinney and number one boy cub went in together and got me a Gold's gym membership. After lying around rotting for so long in pain, I went vegetarian (which I was years ago) and my digestive problems vanished. I am working out and running again and although I can't do much it feels great to be doing something.

If you don't work out and run or walk everyday you should.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 415 • Replies: 10
No top replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 12:25 pm
Hooray Bear family.
What a great gift.

move down south close to us, and you will have a running 'family' for exercize partners.

wait.. you like to run in the buff dont'cha ....
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 12:27 pm
They could have very well given you the gift of life. Congratulations.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 12:29 pm
Good news, Bear, about the gym thing. The important thing is for you to go there regularly.
One of my employees is the singer in a fairly successful band, Bella Morte.
Add .com to that and you can see them and appreciate the amount of energy that goes into their performing. Andy took voice lessons, using opera to learn how to manage his voice. And he goes to Gold's pretty much everyday and then runs about three miles. He is, I think, about 30 years old.
Anyway, he does take a break from the gym in January because that is when all the Newbies come in. They pay this big annual fee or whatever and come in a few times intending to fulfill a New Year's resolution to get in shape. By February they are gone and the gym is back to normal.
Best wishes to you and Squinney and the cubs in 2006. -johnboy-
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 01:02 pm
way cool bear!
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 02:34 pm
realjohnboy wrote:
Good news, Bear, about the gym thing. The important thing is for you to go there regularly.
One of my employees is the singer in a fairly successful band, Bella Morte.
Add .com to that and you can see them and appreciate the amount of energy that goes into their performing. Andy took voice lessons, using opera to learn how to manage his voice. And he goes to Gold's pretty much everyday and then runs about three miles. He is, I think, about 30 years old.
Anyway, he does take a break from the gym in January because that is when all the Newbies come in. They pay this big annual fee or whatever and come in a few times intending to fulfill a New Year's resolution to get in shape. By February they are gone and the gym is back to normal.
Best wishes to you and Squinney and the cubs in 2006. -johnboy-

no worries about me going regularly. I was a big work out guy before I got sick. I enjoy it so much it's hard to describe how good it feels to get back to it, even though I can't do any weight to speak of, but it'll come back to me. One of the reasons I need to fo a lot of cardio is to regain some breath control for singing.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 03:14 pm
good for you goin' veggie. my health just keeps getting better since I did the same...congrats!
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 03:28 pm
Welcome back to the confraternity of sweat, big guy.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 03:42 pm
That's great, Bear. You'll be building your strength back up in no time.

If you hang in there for at least two weeks the Resolution crowd at the gym will start to fall off and you'll have better access to the equipment. Our club was busier today than it's been since last January 2nd.

Hang tough, you'll be glad you did!
0 Replies

George

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 06:54 am
"The resolution crowd", how true!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 06:56 am
Good deal. The only reason I don't work out, my job does it for me.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » My Christmas Gift
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 06/26/2024 at 04:51:54