Now THAT'S Upsetting!

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 07:03 am
Last weekend I went to visit my son and his family in South Carolina. I followed the travel directions perfectly, but missed the street into their development. It was raining. I was looking for the correct street, driving slowly, when I discovered that there was a guy behind me who was right up my butt.

I wanted to get away from him, so I turned off into a driveway, thinking that I would turn around whe he was gone. The driveway was a dirt road. When I attempted to make my turn, my car got stuck deep in the wet mud that was on the side of the driveway. There was no way that I was going to get out of THAT.

A teenage couple came by. They told me to wait in the car, there were two tow companies on either side of where I was, and they would go to one of them, and tell them to rescue me.

A few moments later, the tow truck came by. Now, I had been maintaining my cool, even though it was raining, I was in a lousy neighborhood, it would be dark soon, and my front tire was a couple of feet into muddy ooze.

The next interaction was very upsetting. The tow truck driver said that these kids came by, and told him that there was an ELDERLY lady stuck in the mud.

Elderly, my foot. Those kids need glasses. THAT was the most upsetting part of the entire adventure!!!! Laughing
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 825 • Replies: 22
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 07:05 am
Durned whippersnappers. Should have batted at em with your cane.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 07:26 am
Maybe it's the car...

http://www.tickintsofcentralohio.org/images/Historical/T%20STUCK%20IN%20MUD,%201911.JPG
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 07:39 am
Phoenix, if it's any consolation, I would have told the tow truck driver that there was this really hot young babe stuck in the mud.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 11:50 am
Phoenix

For some reason that made me giggle out loud! Thank you for the smile this morning. I needed that. Smile While I was definitely sorry about your dilemma, I'm glad you found good humor in it all.

You are just as Gus says: "really hot young babe". Silly kids! Very Happy
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 02:56 pm
Phoenix--

The first facility to go isn't sight or hearing or even memory.

The first facility to go is dignity.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 03:06 pm
cjhsa- That's EXACTLY what it looked like.............only my car is white! Laughing
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 04:46 pm
Oh dear!!!!!

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Phoenix))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 05:09 pm
You know, of course, Phoenix, that old age isn't for sissies. You gotta be pretty tough to make it past 35 in this world. Er...not that you're that far advanced yet, but take my word for it.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 05:19 pm
Well, uh, exactly how old ARE you?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 09:55 am
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
Well, uh, exactly how old ARE you?

How old do you want me to be???? :wink: Laughing
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 10:04 am
Phoenix
Phoenix, don't be upset. Had the youngsters not perceived you as an old lady, chances are the tow truck driver might not have gotten to you as soon as he did.

One thing I've found about aging and being silver haired is that people go out of their way to assist me when needed, usually without being asked to.

I guess a woman has to be either young and hot or old and gray to get attention.

BBB
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 11:34 am
Well, damn, BBB! What about those of us in the middle?! Do we hafta flash money to get attention?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 11:36 am
Yes Eva, you do.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 11:45 am
Not money.....
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 11:47 am
Well then, cjhsa, what do middle-aged women have to flash?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 11:50 am
I can't say it here or risk getting booted off of A2K.....

It's an old Larry Flynt line....
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 11:52 am
Eva
Eva wrote:
Well then, cjhsa, what do middle-aged women have to flash?

Research proves that women's sex drive reaches their peak at age forty about the same time men's sex drive is weakening.

Middle age women are hot. Flash away, gals!

BBB
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 12:13 pm
Ya had to remind me, didn't ya, BBB. Sad
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 05:09 pm
BBB- I hardly have any gray hair..............................and I never will! :wink:
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Now THAT'S Upsetting!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/09/2024 at 10:24:16