Things Posted On the Refrigerator

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 10:21 pm
Looking at this comic strip I had suffed away, somewhere, I got the idea for this thread. When my kids were still at home, I posted it there, because it reminded me so much of them. How about you? What have you had on your fridge?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,347 • Replies: 31
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 10:23 pm
oops
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 10:28 pm
Edgar, my wife has about a million or so "cat magnets" on our fridge, so no room for anything else! Laughing
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 10:32 pm
I have a hundred dollar "prize" certificate from a framing store. I should run over there and pick a frame for ninety dollars. It's been on the fridge two years now..
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 10:33 pm
http://static.flickr.com/35/70733987_e1737b7eac.jpg
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 10:38 pm
Edgar, they're drawing Nancy and Sluggo weird these days! Remember them thar olden times when they looked like this:

http://stlcomics.com/gallery/cop95.jpg
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 10:45 pm
Well, Ernie Bushmiller died quite a few years back. They keep changing artists now. Or, maybe the strip's discontinued.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 10:49 pm
On my fridge?

Hmmmmmm.......magnetic David and Venus, with magnetic clothes.....

Some nice art works people bring me from places on magnets.

A photo I took of Brooklyn Bridge.

A photo a friend took of Washington under snow.......at a favourite Art Gallery there of mine.

Some nice postcards and other photos, which change.

Magnetic yellow "smiley" faces with expressions ranging from enraged to very happy....with little pegs attached.

Invitations and such go on the happy ones, bills move to progressively more unhappy ones depending on when they are due, and how enormous they are.

Other stuff goes on neutral ones....

I have magnetic words in a box, LOTS of them, waiting for there to be room on the fridge.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 10:49 pm
I figured it was something like that. Just doesn't quite have the same flavour.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 10:52 pm
We also had an alphabet so we could leave messages.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 10:53 pm
ossobuco
It might not be any good now.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 10:54 pm
dlowan's reminds me of a comic I saw last week. A woman puts one final magnet on the fridge and it tips over.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 11:47 pm
I have a corner of the fridge. Mr. Noddy has the other three corners and the entire front of the freezer. He uses his vertical filing space mostly for medical matters, but there is a sentimental corner.

I use my corner for the hours at the recycling station.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2005 12:06 am
I've got nut&bolt magnets, guitar magnets, and japanese picture magnets as well as simple magnet discs holding up old comic stripes, receipts, pictures of my neice and nephew and Dag's nephew, pictures of friends, a list of foods toxic to dogs, a postcard from Nagaland......
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2005 01:32 am
I had many, many Get Fuzzy comics and some Peanuts, but I've thinned it down to just a few now. Until the comic collection gets out of hand again, for now it's just an old photo of my boyfriend in his high school baseball uniform, coupons I'll never remember to take to the store with me, and one or two comics I couldn't part with.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2005 06:29 am
3 platypus [pi?] a viking, a glow in the dark spider. There were more magnets but the neighbours baby ate them so now we use it to hold up the bigger stuff.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2005 06:35 am
edgar, I have pictures; pictures; pictures and a few important emergency contact numbers. It's what's on top of my refrigerator that is scary.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2005 07:53 am
Let's see.....a magnetic notepad thingy so I can write down what we need to buy. A picture of the cutest dog ever (not mine). Some pictures of my friends kids. The emergecy numbers to my doctor and the urgent care unit.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2005 07:57 am
Hard to tell if there's actually a fridge under all that stuff for many of us. Speaking of fridges, I had to go inside an apartment where the resident camps, having lost electric service at least four years ago. I opened up the fridge - - - Quickly shut it again. The original food is still in there. Also, lots of dead insects, which, I gather were parasites on the fresh food. I told the manager I intend to strap it shut unopened after the man moves out, and take it straight to the junk.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2005 08:11 am
Every magnet that gets sent to me as a promotional item...
This includes a Guinness magnet, Amtrak, a local hospital, a movie rental place, a restaurant, 2 different museums, a bottled water concern (Volvic), a car dealership, John Deere, and about 100 or so others. Not sure why I keep them, I just do.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Things Posted On the Refrigerator
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 01:37:47