Pompetus of Love

Chai

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 12:20 pm
What in the world IS that anyway?

I think it was just made up by that guy. And why did he feel the need to speak of it?

I used to call my cat Lulu my Pompetus of Love, along with My Tender Morsel and The Girl With the Sunlight in Her Hair.

What/Who's your POL?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 525 • Replies: 16
No top replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 03:44 pm
The best I can offer for you is to try a google search and enter the phrase Pompitous of love. There is far too much for me to list it all here, but my first hit was on target for two songs I remembered it from, first being of course The Letter a 1950's song by a group called The Medallions (I have the 45 if anyone cares, and even if they don't). The author of that song explained how he created the word puppetuse and it essentially morphed into pompitous (in fact until the google search I thought it was pompitous). Fast forward into the 1970's and The Steve Miller Band gave us Enter Maurice (which I do not recall) and The Joker which I used to try to sing all the time until I was ordered to stop Crying or Very sad...okay, okay, I only attempted to sing it and failed miserably since I am not vocally adept Sad . In the Joker the first verse is as follows:

Some people call me the space cowboy, yeah
some people call me the gangster of love
some people call me Maurice (whew whew..or something like that)
Cause I speak of the pompitous of love.

That last line of course refers to words from his earlier song Enter Maurice.

In Enter Maurice the song begins:

My dearest darling come closer so Maurice can whisper sweet words of epismetology in your ear and speak to you of the pompitous of love.

All of this is very very strange and please don't ask me what the heck epismetology is because that was also in The Letter, by The Medallions and I can't get a definition on it either. Anyway it appears from what I can tell from my quick look-around that yes indeedy Pompitous of love was made up.

As for my late cat, I used to call him my Sweet Begonia, my little bouillabaisse...

Rest in peace my sweet little cat.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 03:56 pm
Interesting.... Pompitous
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 03:57 pm
Even MORE Interesting.....
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 03:58 pm
The lyric is "properties of love," not pompitous, or whatever the hell you all think it is.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 03:59 pm
kickycan wrote:
The lyric is "properties of love," not pompitous, or whatever the hell you all think it is.

Question Kicky, are you high?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 04:00 pm
All those websites you've linked to our just furthering this bullshit legend about the word. It's properties, he just slurs the word when he sings it. Trust me, I met Steve Miller and asked him once at a party.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 04:00 pm
kickycan wrote:
All those websites you've linked to our just furthering this bullshit legend about the word. It's properties, he just slurs the word when he sings it. Trust me, I met Steve Miller and asked him once at a party.

Before or after the snorting?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 04:02 pm
No, seriously, I did. It's true. Just trying to help.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 04:03 pm
kickycan wrote:

I'm just f*cking with you. :wink: I know how you like it.

So, why then does every lyrical write out have pompitous? Now I am curious as to the validity and truth behind the Joker.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 04:07 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
kickycan wrote:

I'm just f*cking with you. :wink: I know how you like it.

So, why then does every lyrical write out have pompitous? Now I am curious as to the validity and truth behind the Joker.

Ha, I have no idea. I just made that up. I was f*cking with you! Heeheehee...
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 04:33 pm
Oh Kicky, you are being quite the Loki today.....

I have a child by Steve Miller.

hahaha, no, just fooling you....
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 04:35 pm
What's a Loki?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 04:36 pm
Some kind of pompetus, perhaps?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 04:40 pm
kickycan wrote:
Some kind of pompetus, perhaps?

a Pompetus is a hairstyle worn by a platapus.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 04:49 pm
Loki = trickster god
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 10:57 pm
Ah, thanks. That is actually quite an accurate description of me. Especially the god part.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Pompetus of Love
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 06/16/2024 at 01:13:49