wish you weren't here

djjd62

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 05:28 am
listening to howard stern the other morning, he was discussing his upcoming appearance on 60 minutes, in the episode ed bradley confronts him about a statement stern made a number of years back where he wished, in fact prayed to god that the then FCC chairman's prostate cancer would spread to the rest of his body and kill him, after a breif discussion of this event stern asked bradley if he'd ever been so angry he'd wished somebody dead, bradley replied maybe when he was a kid but certainly not as an adult. the segment on the radio dealt with sterns thought that he should have challenged bradley further, as he felt he was probably not being honest, so the question is, have you ever wished somebody dead

please don't turn this into a i hate howard stern and only a scumbag would say those things discussion as that is not the intent of this thread

also, is it better to say i wish you would die, or i want to kill you
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 713 • Replies: 18
No top replies

Letty

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 05:45 am
No, dj, even as a child I never wished that.
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 06:57 am
Re: wish you weren't here
Yes, but stupid people aren't worth going to prison for.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 06:57 am
I must admit at certain times I have had brief...very brief...passing thoughts on the idea of someone dieing. Even though this is the case, I have never actually said it and it is usually just that passing snit of anger that sends me to that not so happy place from which I seem to exit rapidly.

As to your second part, on whether it is better to say 'I wish you would die or I want to kill you'; nether of those seems particularly nice and I see no reason to drag someone else into my tormented state of mind and at the same time make them feel uncomfortable. If I have these thoughts, it is best that I deal with them quickly and evict them from my brain.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 07:29 am
Absolutely-At certain times, when I felt backed to the wall, I wished that certain people would "disappear" from my life. One way of thinking about that is to wish them to "drop dead". It was usually in a fit of pique that I had those thoughts.

Of course I really did not want them to actually die. Thinking those thoughts would get me through an emotional "speed bump". I would vent my spleen, mostly to myself. When that was over, and I felt more in control and calmer, all would be well again.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 07:31 am
I've wished that people weren't around, but I don't need them to die to make it work for me. I just want them to be far away from me.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 07:46 am
I just kill them on the spot and be done with it,
0 Replies

CrazyDiamond

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 10:28 am
I've wished someone was dead before, but I've never contemplated murder, if that's what you're asking...

BTW is that title supposed to be a play on the Pink Floyd song?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 12:28 pm
While driving through a desolate part of Idaho (going from Wisconsin to Oregon) my ex-husband was in the vehicle in front of me.

Absolutely no one else on the road for miles.

I guess he was bored and was doing little swerves, around tumbleweeds and such.

I so wished he would roll and burst into flames.

There would have been no one there to save him, and I would have been free.
0 Replies

soozoo

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 02:37 pm
I have, seriously, wished certain people dead at times in my life. Never as a child - only as an adult. But, as riverroad said - stupid people aren't worth going to prison for. I hope I don't sound nutty!
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 02:43 pm
dyslexia wrote:
I just kill them on the spot and be done with it,

I'm with you, dys. Wishing ain't gonna make it so. Direct action is called for in these cases.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 02:44 pm
soozoo, you sound nutty. I may learn to like you.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 03:08 pm
I have wanted a few people dead. Most notably, my first mother-in-law. Not that I formulated any plans to do it myself. I just wanted her out of my life, permanently. As happens, she became old and sweet in her final years and I dropped my wish. Notwithsatnding, I never lost site of the fact that she became sweet only because she got too old to get into trouble.

The man that murdered my brother. At first I intended to shoot him if possible. But then my brain engaged itself and I got rid of the gun.
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 03:09 pm
Chai Tea wrote:
While driving through a desolate part of Idaho (going from Wisconsin to Oregon)

Yeah, Idaho would be a bad place to get into a car accident seing as that you would have to be life flighted to one of only two major hospitals in the area and both are cut rate. So he probably would have died. If he didn't die from his injuries the desert hillbillies probably would have robbed him killed him deliverance style. I like your destination though. Idaho sucks!

soozoo wrote:
But, as riverroad said

I've never wanted to kill people for mispronouncing my name. :wink: Only slightly flog them. Just kidding.
0 Replies

soozoo

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2005 01:40 am
I'm pretty sure I already like you dyslexia.

I'm sooooo sorry ROVERROAD ... ummm ... what do you use for flogging? Just askin'.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2005 01:49 am
Chai Tea wrote:
While driving through a desolate part of Idaho (going from Wisconsin to Oregon) my ex-husband was in the vehicle in front of me.

Absolutely no one else on the road for miles.

I guess he was bored and was doing little swerves, around tumbleweeds and such.

I so wished he would roll and burst into flames.

There would have been no one there to save him, and I would have been free.

Damn. This would make a great short story!!!!
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2005 02:10 am
nope - only to an inch of...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2005 02:35 am
This is a little anecdote not really related to me, but I will answer the question after.

A few years ago, the woman who was kind of the CEO of the organisation which employed me (it was a HUGE organization, so one barely ever caught sight of her) was murdered.

She was so unpleasant and awful that we all seriously considered that it might have been an employee (it wasn't......at least not one from her current organisation, and the person who did it had a grudge against her for something she had done that was clearly the right thing to do).

Anyhoo, somehow her name came up when I was seeing my doctor one day, and she asked me if I was experiencing any stress over the murder.

Nope.

Was I experiencing any guilt feelings?

Huh???!!!

Turned out my GP is the GP of a number of senior folk from where I worked.......(she didn't tell me who, of course) .....and they were ALL experiencing major post death guilt...cos they had wished her dead so often.

When I thought about it very deeply, I realised that, unlike a number of my colleagues, I had not actually wished her dead....I think what I wished was just for her to be gone, but not dead........ and I certainly wished to be able to sit her down and explain to her clearly how much awful damage she was inflicting on so many people, and what a culture of bullying and harassment she was creating and/or unleashing, and how this would NOT further her probably genuinely held desire for a better patient outcome, and for her to realise, and be very sorry.

But I confess I have kind of wished people dead.

Examples are the guys who have been extremely violent and who keep tracking their exes down and stalking/attacking them, and make their lives absolute hell, or who you know will kill them eventually....some also kill the poor bloody kids.

For some of them I cannot help but, sometimes, wish a postnatal abortion......
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2005 04:13 am
Yeah, I've wished inside that someone would die. I never said it out loud.
When I was a child I don't recall ever saying anything like that or wishing anyone dead.

Come to think of it, there has been only one person in particular who managed to fill me with enough loathing and hate that I actually would have enjoyed watching their demise. Most of the time, it doesn't get to that point.

I don't think I would actually want him to die. At least not because I made it happen or contributed in some way! I just want this person to stop what he is doing. I want him to not be able to spread his wickedness and sickness.
Sometimes, I content myself thinking how he is killing himself by being such a loathsome person. He doesn't need help from anyone else to do himself in.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » wish you weren't here
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 05:25:29